The Student Room Group

I hate uni.

I know this is the wrong topic but oh well. I currently hate studying my degree at uni (history). I am bored to death in every lecture and always look at the time to see how long is left. I pretty much lost interested in this subject and i only attend te lectures for attendance really. I find doing the weakly readings and the assignments pointless as im not interetested in them. I am 6 weeks into this degree I was told its gonna better but its getting worse. Should i drop out and re apply to other courses?
drop out.
Original post by Anonymous
I know this is the wrong topic but oh well. I currently hate studying my degree at uni (history). I am bored to death in every lecture and always look at the time to see how long is left. I pretty much lost interested in this subject and i only attend te lectures for attendance really. I find doing the weakly readings and the assignments pointless as im not interetested in them. I am 6 weeks into this degree I was told its gonna better but its getting worse. Should i drop out and re apply to other courses?

Lol you already paid for your rent and student fees, so what's the point? You can ask to change course next year if'd you like to something similar, just ask the admission tutors?

Uni is not all about one-nighters, drinking, partying and missing lectures you know. It's a really heavy investment for 3 years of your life going toward a degree that would hopefully give you a better insight into your chosen career/subject path...
Reply 3
Original post by BigMan Ting
Lol you already paid for your rent and student fees, so what's the point? You can ask to change course next year if'd you like to something similar, just ask the admission tutors?

Uni is not all about one-nighters, drinking, partying and missing lectures you know. It's a really heavy investment for 3 years of your life going toward a degree that would hopefully give you a better insight into your chosen career/subject path...

I only paid for the first term so far, so i dont want to be spending more money on a course i am not happy with and the career path i no longer find intersting
I only paid for the first term so far, so i dont want to be spending more money on a course i am not happy with and the career path i no longer find intersting

Are you sure it's the course and nothing else? If the answer is yes, drop out I suppose. It seems like you've made up your mind anyways.
Reply 5
Original post by Misogynist
Are you sure it's the course and nothing else? If the answer is yes, drop out I suppose. It seems like you've made up your mind anyways.

idm the university itself there is always stuff to do but i just don't like the degree course as its completety different to a level hsitory and i am unenjoying it
idm the university itself there is always stuff to do but i just don't like the degree course as its completety different to a level hsitory and i am unenjoying it

You have to understand that university work is going to be a step up from A-levels. It's going to be hard and boring at times no matter what course you do. If you think you are passionate about something else, go for it. It might be worth sticking with the course and seeing if things get better if you aren't sure yet. You'll get more free reign to work on your areas of interest the further you go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending