The Student Room Group

Is there something wrong with people who don't like sex?

Do you think that a person is abnormal or has 'something wrong with them' if they have a very low sex drive and they don't like intercourse? I've been to a professional about it but they only ever tell me that I'm normal and that there's nothing wrong with me. The man I've been seeing tells me that not having sexual feelings is not natural or normal and that the professional was only telling I was normal because they have to say this to make me feel better. I feel like I can't trust anyone in what they say really. My bf is not very open minded and the councillor I saw is hardly going to tell me that there's something wrong with me. Funnily enough I do remember my grandma telling me that she didn't like sex, that men are 'dirty' and her asking me if there's something wrong with her that she didn't like it lol. Btw I don't think men are dirty I see that sex is natural but I'm just pointing out that maybe I've inherited the lack of sex drive from her.
Original post by Anonymous
Do you think that a person is abnormal or has 'something wrong with them' if they have a very low sex drive and they don't like intercourse? I've been to a professional about it but they only ever tell me that I'm normal and that there's nothing wrong with me. The man I've been seeing tells me that not having sexual feelings is not natural or normal and that the professional was only telling I was normal because they have to say this to make me feel better. I feel like I can't trust anyone in what they say really. My bf is not very open minded and the councillor I saw is hardly going to tell me that there's something wrong with me. Funnily enough I do remember my grandma telling me that she didn't like sex, that men are 'dirty' and her asking me if there's something wrong with her that she didn't like it lol. Btw I don't think men are dirty I see that sex is natural but I'm just pointing out that maybe I've inherited the lack of sex drive from her.

Not everyone has to love sex. Of course others may argue against this.

I personally think its not abnormal :smile:
Reply 3
I don't know the science behind it, it could be a lack of a certain hormone maybe, but the guy you're with is being a dick if he says it's not normal. Trust the professional I'd say
Reply 4
Original post by Illimitable
Not everyone has to love sex. Of course others may argue against this.

I can get aroused on my own just not by sex or the thought of it. Ive thought that maybe there are a select few in the gene pool who serve to keep extreme overpopulation (which can be hazardous to the species) from occurring. I've made this up lol.
You're fine, everyone has different sex drives. What's right for one person isn't right for another.
Reply 6
Original post by ions
I don't know the science behind it, it could be a lack of a certain hormone maybe, but the guy you're with is being a dick if he says it's not normal. Trust the professional I'd say

I've had a blood test my hormones were normal
Reply 7
I've had a blood test my hormones were normal

Then there's nothing wrong
Sounds like this guy is trying to make you doubt yourself or think there's something wrong with you when there isn't!
I can get aroused on my own just not by sex or the thought of it. Ive thought that maybe there are a select few in the gene pool who serve to keep extreme overpopulation (which can be hazardous to the species) from occurring. I've made this up lol.

Lol. Don't be too worried about it though, ignore the hate comments.
There is nothing abnormal....i am personally asexual and people do exist
You should listen to professionals rather than those with high sex drive :yy:
Obviously
The person should consult a sexologist
I've had sex with loads of women and none of them enjoyed it.
Original post by cambio wechsel
I've had sex with loads of women and none of them enjoyed it.

Probably says something about you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JRKinder
You're fine, everyone has different sex drives. What's right for one person isn't right for another.

This really. There's nothing abnormal about not having a massive sex drive. That said, if your partner does have a large sex drive and makes you feel bad for not wanting sex very much then I can imagine it causing issues.

its not necessarily 'abnormal', but just different. Theres nothing wrong with being asexual sincce for you your not that sexual
Everyone's sex drive is different and it isn't a problem. You do need to find someone you are sexually compatible with though. If you rarely want to have sex and he wants it all the time, it just isn't going to work.
I like sex, I just cant get it. I want a handsome man, 5'11-6'1 with a beard, a bit of muscles, tanned skin, black hair. Omg so hot.
I like sex, I just cant get it. I want a handsome man, 5'11-6'1 with a beard, a bit of muscles, tanned skin, black hair. Omg so hot.

This thread is 4 years old. Don't revive old threads.
Original post by sufys12
This thread is 4 years old. Don't revive old threads.

Sorry

Latest

Trending

Trending