The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420
Original post by IMZL
Not at the moment no, my application status hasn't changed from 'recieved' for a week

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're likely right now waiting to get to a certain threshold of applicants to see percentile scores, i.e. getting a large enough sample size before first cuts.
Reply 1421
Original post by Jker
They're likely right now waiting to get to a certain threshold of applicants to see percentile scores, i.e. getting a large enough sample size before first cuts.

Don't think so, they have accumulated that from the previous years. Moreover, someone in here already got interview with CS.
does running a trading account count as work experience (if applying to markets @db)
Reply 1423
Original post by tazza ma razza
does running a trading account count as work experience (if applying to markets @db)

It would something along the line of playing soccer. An interest/hobby whatever.
Reply 1424
Original post by RWiz
Don't think so, they have accumulated that from the previous years. Moreover, someone in here already got interview with CS.

Ahh really? Strange, most people I know including myself have had no form of communication in 2 months nearly now.
Reply 1425
Original post by Jker
Ahh really? Strange, most people I know including myself have had no form of communication in 2 months nearly now.

He might have a solid profile or a referral - I don't know.
If you write on your CV that you've traded FX for a year and made a small profit, will they ask you to bring proof to the interview? Like should I prepare documents that show the profit made?
Original post by serions871
If you write on your CV that you've traded FX for a year and made a small profit, will they ask you to bring proof to the interview? Like should I prepare documents that show the profit made?

They're not gonna ask

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
They're not gonna ask

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think it's worth putting fx trading on your CV if one is applying for a spring week in markets? Or do you think the banks won't really care?
Do JP Morgan require a cover letter for their spring weeks or do the 2 questions on the application process sorta replace the need for one?
Original post by serions871
Do you think it's worth putting fx trading on your CV if one is applying for a spring week in markets? Or do you think the banks won't really care?

It's worth it yh, shows interest in the markets

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gbLDN
Do JP Morgan require a cover letter for their spring weeks or do the 2 questions on the application process sorta replace the need for one?

Latter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks princepieman, also do Deutsche Bank require a cover letter for their spring weeks or do the several questions on the application process sorta replace the need for one as well?
Original post by gbLDN
Thanks princepieman, also do Deutsche Bank require a cover letter for their spring weeks or do the several questions on the application process sorta replace the need for one as well?

I spoke to someone at DB and he said for the SW the CQs are more than enough, the optional Cover Letters are more designed for Summer/Grad applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, just stumbled across this, looks pretty awesome but also scary how many people we're all up against ha!

Just curious, PrincePieMan, how do you know so much about the whole IB scene? also what do you think my chances are, being based up north?
Original post by BGUK19
Hey guys, just stumbled across this, looks pretty awesome but also scary how many people we're all up against ha!

Just curious, PrincePieMan, how do you know so much about the whole IB scene? also what do you think my chances are, being based up north?

3 years of research into careers (books, online whatever means), networking with professionals and keeping in touch with recruiters through my mom (who worked in HR at the time as a manager) and through referrals of people I've networked with.

Being up north isn't really a factor lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
3 years of research into careers (books, online whatever means), networking with professionals and keeping in touch with recruiters through my mom (who worked in HR at the time as a manager) and through referrals of people I've networked with.

Being up north isn't really a factor lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh cool cool, is IB something you're looking to get into yourself?

By mentioning being up north I mean it as I'm not in a target university at all, and arent a lot of people based down south who get onto the IW's? Also how strong do your academic credentials need to be? I'm no A* student but I've done alright. Lastly, when they ask for a prediction on your grade for uni, if I've only just started how am I supposed to give a supported prediction when I haven't hadn't any assignments due in yet :/

Sorry for the questions
Original post by BGUK19
Ahhh cool cool, is IB something you're looking to get into yourself?

By mentioning being up north I mean it as I'm not in a target university at all, and arent a lot of people based down south who get onto the IW's? Also how strong do your academic credentials need to be? I'm no A* student but I've done alright. Lastly, when they ask for a prediction on your grade for uni, if I've only just started how am I supposed to give a supported prediction when I haven't hadn't any assignments due in yet :/

Sorry for the questions

All of these Qs are answered in the FAQ I wrote on this subforum.

And yes, ofc it is something I'm considering going into - otherwise I wouldn't have bothered reading up and networking.

Prediction means bugger all as a first semester student, just put a 2:1.
Original post by tazza ma razza
ubs dont have the ics available to apply to the spring week. Big up anyone who can find it for me - all i have is the ccs

For UBS, on the page where you have to answer the competency questions you have a drop down menu where you choose your division of preference. You can't choose CCS/ICS as a whole, but you can choose the areas within each line of business, e.g. Coverage & Advisory within CCS, Securities Sales within ICS, etc.

Hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by Cityy
Has anyone found spring week programs for:

RBC Cap Markets
RBS
Macquarie
Cannacord Genuity
On all four website i found no hints for an existing program. Can please someone re-check this? Dont wanna miss any opportunities

Applications for RBC's Insight Day open in mid-November - it actually mentions that on their website

RBS only has the Female Insight Week; however males can apply for this programme as well (I've asked a number of RBS campus ambassadors and the Grad Team).

I know that Macquarie And Canaccord Genuity held insight days in the past; however I don't know anything about that either unfortunately.

Latest

Trending

Trending