The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swirly
Robinho wasn't a wonderkid. He was already a senior player and being cast out of Madrid to the highest bidder.

Think about it. These kids in the favellas they know Barca/ Madrid. Are they really dreaming of growing up and playing for Man City Ffs.

Was reading an article about the genius of Ronaldinho on Daily Mail (lel) and it said the route for these Brazillians was to go to one of the weaker European leagues (Portugal/ France/ Amsterdam) and then get their move to Madrid/ Barca.

There was going to be to this answer but who can really be bothered to write essays. Plus I know you don't care what I think really :frown:

Wouldn't say I don't care what you think, but as words on a screen, I only take what you say with a pinch of salt.
Rekt
Reply 4762
Rekt
would be really worried if I were a united fan.

Not because of your own performances - I mean they have not gotten the results you have wanted, but teams have performed worse and still got top4 before..

But rather because of how strong the teams above you look..

If chelsea win today then your looking at: arsenal, city, liverpool, spurs, chelsea.. all having started the season strongly.

you are 8pts off the top. Which is fine for top4.. except that this year three teams are at the top, and chelsea with a win are only a point behind.

No chance of arsenal or city dropping from the top4, so either your hoping for spurs to fail.. dispite them being very soliid for a season and a half now, and still having players to come back from injury.. or chelsea to fail, dispite them seemingly hitting some form and showing some decent consistency, or liverpool to fail, who are the in-form team of the league at the moment..
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4764
Original post by fallen_acorns
would be really worried if I were a united fan.

Not because of your own performances - I mean they have not gotten the results you have wanted, but teams have performed worse and still got top4 before..

But rather because of how strong the teams above you look..

If chelsea win today then your looking at: arsenal, city, liverpool, spurs, chelsea.. all having started the season strongly.

you are 8pts off the top. Which is fine for top4.. except that this year three teams are at the top, and chelsea with a win are only a point behind.

No chance of arsenal or city dropping from the top4, so either your hoping for spurs to fail.. dispite them being very soliid for a season and a half now, and still having players to come back from injury.. or chelsea to fail, dispite them seemingly hitting some form and showing some decent consistency, or liverpool to fail, who are the in-form team of the league at the moment..

Yh like moyes season which was pretty familiar in that there were a lot of strong teams. in fact it is pretty much the exact same as that season. Same teams up there and probably the same top 4 as that season
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Yh like moyes season which was pretty familiar in that there were a lot of strong teams. in fact it is pretty much the exact same as that season. Same teams up there and probably the same top 4 as that season

your right.. looking back at that table, I would not be shocked at all if it was the same at the top this year.. (id be disappointed as an arsenal fan, but not shocked..)
Would not be surprised to see Jose go all in on the Europa. Pretty weak teams overall, and gives auto CL place. As said even with a flourish this is quite a strong year for the league.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fizzel
Would not be surprised to see Jose go all in on the Europa. Pretty weak teams overall, and gives auto CL place. As said even with a flourish this is quite a strong year for the league.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what we did...then we lost in the final and finished 8th.

You think there's weak teams, and then you come up against United and Dortmund :colonhash:
Original post by Lúcio
That's what we did...then we lost in the final and finished 8th.

You think there's weak teams, and then you come up against United and Dortmund :colonhash:
Well it's not like you didn't beat both United and Dortmund. The strongest teams this year are probably the likes of Roma.

Not to mention I don't think Jose will do it now, but come the other side of Xmas if we're still adrift, he could well look and think, is it easier to make up a 9 point gap on 3 teams or win 3-4 ties?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Talk about adding insult to injury. Everton won their game.

If Southampton win today as well wow we are more than ****ed.
Original post by trapking

Lol, no we're not

In the bigger picture of things, if Southampton beat Chelsea; you don't think that's better?
Reply 4771
Original post by trapking

You're probably better off if soton win in the long run anyway. unless you're scared that they'll take your europa league spot next season.

Anyway pool usually do their best when they're not in europe. personally I'd tank games if you lot are too far adrift from top 4 and go for europa like fizzel is suggesting.

Pretty sure klopp does this anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zKlown
Lol, no we're not

In the bigger picture of things, if Southampton beat Chelsea; you don't think that's better?

...umm with the way we are performing hell naw :lol:

Original post by bammy jastard 27
You're probably better off if soton win in the long run anyway. unless you're scared that they'll take your europa league spot next season.

Anyway pool usually do their best when they're not in europe. personally I'd tank games if you lot are too far adrift from top 4 and go for europa like fizzel is suggesting.

Pretty sure klopp does this anyway.

lol I don't think we can even go past the quarterfinals in EL :rofl: :rofl:

If Jose can see the light now and actually start playing Mkhitaryan, Schneiderlin and Carrick we can somewhat save ourselves before it's too late and at least guarantee EL football for another season :rofl:

You know it's REAL REAL bad when Utd fans are actually content with Mourinho winning the EFL cup :facepalm2:
why is Mkhitaryan not playing?
Original post by bigmansouf
why is Mkhitaryan not playing?

Because it's Sunday
BASTIAN IS BACK IN TRAINING with the first team I'm crying. OFMGEJGWEGEGWRKG

@bammy jastard 27 @Dirtybit @zKlown @Kenan and Kel thoughts?

Scenes if Mourinho has reversed his decision.
(edited 7 years ago)

:rofl:
Another player who'll get benched for Fellaini

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Another player who'll get benched for Fellaini

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm hoping this means Fellaini gets benched and Schweinstieger gets preference over him.

Schweinsteiger, Herrera & Pogba midfield >>>>

or Schweinsteiger, Carrick & Pogba.

Latest