The Student Room Group

Student nurse equipment

I start my children's nursing course at Uni in February can someone advise me on what sort of nursing equipment I will need please.
(edited 7 years ago)
comfortable shoes, fob watch and a small notepad. That's it!
And then plenty of files to organise your uni notes and attend the plenty of nursing fairs etc available to you as everyone loves a free pen! Ha.
But for your course you won't need much. Everything will be provided whilst on placement.
The only thing I bought extra were pen torches as they're sometimes rare to find and some never work!
But I also volunteer for St John ambulance so it's never money wasted as I use my equipment on duty too.
But don't be rushing to spend money. Wait until you start to see what you will need.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilibet01
That's fantastic thanks for your help
Original post by deviant182
And then plenty of files to organise your uni notes and attend the plenty of nursing fairs etc available to you as everyone loves a free pen! Ha.
But for your course you won't need much. Everything will be provided whilst on placement.
The only thing I bought extra were pen torches as they're sometimes rare to find and some never work!
But I also volunteer for St John ambulance so it's never money wasted as I use my equipment on duty too.
But don't be rushing to spend money. Wait until you start to see what you will need.

Posted from TSR Mobile
great thanx for your help
Original post by lilibet01

STICKERS. Every children's nurse should carry stickers. Period. They make awesome rewards for bravery or bribery tools.
Original post by PaediatricStN
STICKERS. Every children's nurse should carry stickers. Period. They make awesome rewards for bravery or bribery tools.
that's brilliant thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending