The Student Room Group

Is iPhone 7 worth the money

What new features has it got compared to iPhone 6 and previous models

Scroll to see replies

Original post by struggler07

My advice: get the iPhone 6S. It's only a year old and has got pretty much everything that you will need.

An iPhone (or any phone) that you can't plug a pair of standard headphones into is NOT worth the money. A cheap MP3 player and an iPhone 2G would be better.
I already got the 6 my battery is failing, how much is iPhone 2G do they still sell that lol
Original post by spotify95
My advice: get the iPhone 6S. It's only a year old and has got pretty much everything that you will need.

An iPhone (or any phone) that you can't plug a pair of standard headphones into is NOT worth the money. A cheap MP3 player and an iPhone 2G would be better.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3

If you've got the iPhone 6, then the & is a pretty serious upgrade. The question you should e asking is, are the new macbooks worth their money? :biggrin:
How is it a serious upgrade, what's so good about the MacBooks compared to a standard pc or laptop
Original post by denkata
If you've got the iPhone 6, then the & is a pretty serious upgrade. The question you should e asking is, are the new macbooks worth their money? :biggrin:
How is it a serious upgrade, what's so good about the MacBooks compared to a standard pc or laptop

they have touch ID now and a little touchscreen panel at the top where you can scroll through photos and emojis iirc

Great advice
i just got 6s on thursday i was gonna get the 7 but realised its not worth the money. :yep:
Original post by homeland.lsw
they have touch ID now and a little touchscreen panel at the top where you can scroll through photos and emojis iirc

Useless gimmick Number 500.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Useless gimmick Number 500.

i wouldn't call myself an apple fanboy but i always feel that apple makes the best quality stuff. this is probably the first time i think they've gone a step back instead of forward.
Reply 9
iphones are not even slightly worth the price they come at
Is that all
I love iPhone way better then Samsung galaxies
i wouldn't call myself an apple fanboy but i always feel that apple makes the best quality stuff. this is probably the first time i think they've gone a step back instead of forward.
You get what you payed for
Original post by Waifuism
iphones are not even slightly worth the price they come at
I already got the 6 my battery is failing, how much is iPhone 2G do they still sell that lol

You could get the 6S though, or alternatively take the 6 into a phone shop to replace the battery in the 6. Don't get the 7.

As for the iPhone 2G, you'd have to look on eBay; Apple don't even sell the iPhone 5 any more so they won't be selling the 2G! Though you see what I mean, even an iPhone 2G has a headphone port (although EDGE for data speeds is a joke).
You get what you payed for

Lolz, sure. With Android you get a phone that's compatible with most software/hardware. With Apple you get a phone that's compatible with Apple stuff (unless you jailbreak it).

Plus I've heard that you can run an Apple OS while using an Android phone anyway (though granted you might need to root it, but I'm not sure), but I'm not technically minded enough to be able to know how to do that.

So speaking from a practical usage point of view, you don't get what you pay for at all. Apple products are absurdly expensive for what they are, and there are cheaper and better alternatives out there. But hey, it's your money.

Leave iPhone 7. There's not much of a huge difference but in price there is. You might as well get a 6S or 6S Plus.

I completely disagree. In any case, you still get an adapter for normal headphones anyway, so if you want to use your normal headphones, you can.
Original post by mobbsy91
I completely disagree. In any case, you still get an adapter for normal headphones anyway, so if you want to use your normal headphones, you can.

But you can't then charge your headphones at the same time (not without buying an adapter, at additional cost...), which is also a deal breaker, especially if you're at the end of a busy day, want to use your headphones (standard headphones, not buying special Bluetooth ones for this special phone) and then find out your battery is running out... Your iPhone 7 will then run out of battery & you'll be stuck.

I would rather have an iPhone 2G, 3G or 3GS and a separate Mi-Fi device (for mobile wii, turning today's 4G signals into wifi for the iPhone to use) than an iPhone 7. In fact, I'd rather use my old Galaxy Ace Plus than an iPhone 7, as it is more practical!
But you can't then charge your headphones at the same time (not without buying an adapter, at additional cost...), which is also a deal breaker, especially if you're at the end of a busy day, want to use your headphones (standard headphones, not buying special Bluetooth ones for this special phone) and then find out your battery is running out... Your iPhone 7 will then run out of battery & you'll be stuck.

I would rather have an iPhone 2G, 3G or 3GS and a separate Mi-Fi device (for mobile wii, turning today's 4G signals into wifi for the iPhone to use) than an iPhone 7. In fact, I'd rather use my old Galaxy Ace Plus than an iPhone 7, as it is more practical!

Ok.
The iPhone 7 isn't worth it get the iPhone 6 or 6s it will be worth it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending