The Student Room Group

Is anyone still using/considering switching to a 'dumb phone'?

Poll

Do you use a brick/dumb phone?

Is there anyone else here who uses a dumb phone (i.e. non-smart phone)? New or old, high end or cheap, doesn't matter as long as it can't handle modern mobile internet and phone apps. :biggrin: Or perhaps you're a smart phone user who's considering switching to one?

The first phone I ever owned was a Sendo S330i, in 2004 when the manufacturer was still in business. I've had two phones since, both were Sendos of the same or similar model. :yes: I have used a smartphone, have to for work purposes... but I'm not keen. :no: I'm curious to know who else (if anyone) feels the same!
Reply 1
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Is there anyone else here who uses a dumb phone (i.e. non-smart phone)? New or old, high end or cheap, doesn't matter as long as it can't handle modern mobile internet and phone apps. Or perhaps you're a smart phone user who's considering switching to one?

The first phone I ever owned was a Sendo S330i, in 2004 when the manufacturer was still in business. I've had two phones since, both were Sendos of the same or similar model. I have used a smartphone, have to for work purposes... but I'm not keen. I'm curious to know who else (if anyone) feels the same!

I've got a brick as i call it. A Nokia, which doesn't really do anything but calls and texts. But then that is good enough for me. I use my laptop for the rest...

J
I carry around my blackberry sometimes but I don't know if that's a dumb phone :/
Since I gave up on Facebook and lost my last smart phone, I've used a crappy little Samsung. I've lost so many phones that was costing me to much and I hardly ever used it for much except texts and calling. Works for what I need.
Yes, I use a brick. I don't want to be the guy who's constantly texting and looking at emails and Facebook in lectures. Or should I say, one of the many folks who do that...
This thread needs a poll!

And no, I don't use a dumb phone. I would use one if I didn't maps, could read the screen and could actually type on one. :lol:
Original post by Tiger Rag
This thread needs a poll!

Ask and you shall receive. :yes:
it is like really insulting calling a perfectly good phone dumb ?
Original post by the bear
it is like really insulting calling a perfectly good phone dumb ?

I thought the same when I first heard the term. :sadnod: The Sendo S330i was rather intelligent for its time!
Would like a k800i.

My sister gave me one when she upgraded to k810i and not long after, I broke it. I still feel angry now whenever I think about it :frown:
It would be a massive inconvenience at university, I need to check my email and Facebook regularly. Also, using Messenger/WhatsApp is far better than SMS, and you'd have to get other people to go back to texting just for you. :lol:
I was thinking about it... I saw some of the new Nokia phones have WhatsApp and Facebook and that's all I need really.
For their time, they were pretty intelligent. I don't like the term "dumb phone".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending