The Student Room Group

Advice PLEASE :)

Trying to keep this short and simple..

Essentially I've been talking to this girl for a couple of months and finally she took up my date offer. The plan always was to eat out and head back to hers, which we did.

We only had a small amount to drink so we were only a tiny bit tipsy but eventually with the help of netflix I broke the touch barrier.. After a lot of hand holding and long periods of eye contact initiated by her I ended up not making any further moves. This was because I felt that for a first date I didn't want to come across in the wrong way, but mainly because I just wasn't sure what signals she was giving me!

We'd end up starring at each other and she'd giggle and look away after a while, but then she'd drop something like "Thats why I can't have a boyfriend" into the conversation. Am I missing something here or am I driving her crazy by not making any moves? Have I messed up by not going further?

Any tips and advice appreciated!
Original post by Anonymous
Trying to keep this short and simple..

Essentially I've been talking to this girl for a couple of months and finally she took up my date offer. The plan always was to eat out and head back to hers, which we did.

We only had a small amount to drink so we were only a tiny bit tipsy but eventually with the help of netflix I broke the touch barrier.. After a lot of hand holding and long periods of eye contact initiated by her I ended up not making any further moves. This was because I felt that for a first date I didn't want to come across in the wrong way, but mainly because I just wasn't sure what signals she was giving me!

We'd end up starring at each other and she'd giggle and look away after a while, but then she'd drop something like "Thats why I can't have a boyfriend" into the conversation. Am I missing something here or am I driving her crazy by not making any moves? Have I messed up by not going further?

Any tips and advice appreciated!

You should've eaten her out lmao
Original post by Rhaenys10

Haha amazing :rofl:
Aw, sweet. I think you sound like you would go together well. Ask her out again quick.
Reply 4
Original post by Rhaenys10

Haha great tip!

Original post by lamaragymnast
Aw, sweet. I think you sound like you would go together well. Ask her out again quick.

She's been away with work since but is back soon, maybe a phone call to discuss the evening and whether she wants to do it again could be a good idea?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending