The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spock's Socks
Happy Halloween everyone :biggrin: :woo: have fun with whatever you're doing for today :hugs:

OCD magical thought stuff

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:

Re: the last sentence of spoiler:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't understand why everything has to be such a struggle. :sad:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Well done for phoning up! I hate phones with a passion, so always admire those who have the guts to ring doctor's surgeries, etc. It takes me about a week minimum to psych myself up to phone my GP surgery

Good luck

Thank you :hugs:

I just got back, and it went okay. He's doubled my citalopram, given me amitriptyline, and if I get any worse or in 6 weeks I'm not back to normal then I need a referral to CMHT
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Thank you

I just got back, and it went okay. He's doubled my citalopram, given me amitriptyline, and if I get any worse or in 6 weeks I'm not back to normal then I need a referral to CMHT

Well done on going! How do you feel about the outcome?
:hugs:

Re: the last sentence of spoiler:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :hugs: that really means a lot to me. Hope you've been doing OK lately deary :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Noodlzzz
Well done on going! How do you feel about the outcome?

Thanks :hugs: I think it's okay. I'm happy he's upped my medication and given me more, because the amitriptyline should hopefully be really helpful with pain management and sleeping, but 6 weeks is also quite a long time. He did make it clear that I'm more than welcome to go back at any time before that though if I'm not coping so I'm pretty happy I guess
Thank you

Glad GP was helpful. Don't hesitate to call them again within those 6 weeks if needed, though :hugs:

Thanks that really means a lot to me. Hope you've been doing OK lately deary

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Not doing too great but trying to get back on the saddle or whatever the phrase is :colondollar:
Glad GP was helpful. Don't hesitate to call them again within those 6 weeks if needed, though

Yeah, I'm glad it went well. The receptionist was a bit iffy about me wanting a particular doctor, so I'm glad I didn't settle for just anyone :hugs:

------------------------------

I'm so so so happy with myself. I just managed to write 232 words without wanting to throw my laptop out of frustration. I know it's nothing, but that's more than I've managed to get done in 3 weeks. I just haven't been able to write at the moment at all and I actually just got a tiny bit of work done. I'm so glad I took today off college; I really needed it
Yeah, I'm glad it went well. The receptionist was a bit iffy about me wanting a particular doctor, so I'm glad I didn't settle for just anyone :hugs:

------------------------------

I'm so so so happy with myself. I just managed to write 232 words without wanting to throw my laptop out of frustration. I know it's nothing, but that's more than I've managed to get done in 3 weeks. I just haven't been able to write at the moment at all and I actually just got a tiny bit of work done. I'm so glad I took today off college; I really needed it

Go you on both fronts! :rave:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Today has just been one massive struggle :frown:
Happy Halloween everyone have fun with whatever you're doing for today

OCD magical thought stuff

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Original post by jelly1000
Today has just been one massive struggle

:grouphugs:

Thanks
Feeling anxious :cry2:

Halloween should be a fun time for all - adults dressing up and going out to the pub, kids trick or treating. What do we get in our close? Neds/chavs/drug users screaming and shouting(the slightest sound echos in a close so imagine how loud shouting is ffs), leaving their needles and **** (literally, I mean ****!) all over the ground and generally just being wee fannies. The sooner I make my millions, win the lottery, find out I have a rich dad or God forbid, the council finally take my doctor's advisements seriously and finally move me and Callan, the better. I don't expect to live like royalty for God sake but you do at least have to feel safe in your own home. Everyone should have that right. :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw what's up? :hugs:
Feeling anxious

Halloween should be a fun time for all - adults dressing up and going out to the pub, kids trick or treating. What do we get in our close? Neds/chavs/drug users screaming and shouting(the slightest sound echos in a close so imagine how loud shouting is ffs), leaving their needles and **** (literally, I mean ****!) all over the ground and generally just being wee fannies. The sooner I make my millions, win the lottery, find out I have a rich dad or God forbid, the council finally take my doctor's advisements seriously and finally move me and Callan, the better. I don't expect to live like royalty for God sake but you do at least have to feel safe in your own home. Everyone should have that right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console:

I'm so sorry to hear this.
You're absolutely right in saying people should feel safe in their own homes!
It's not right that they're leaving needles and **** around! That's just disgusting!
And the shouting is unacceptable on all levels too!
Hopefully the police will take care of them and they get what they deserve!

Hoping you can move to a better location soon! :smile:
You both deserve a nice large house for you and your cats to enjoy! :biggrin:

Hope you feel better soon!
As always I'm here if you need someone to talk to :smile:
Just got off the phone and managed to get a 10:10 appointment for today with the doctor. I'm so nervous. My heart is racing already

Well done for phoning them! That's a big step!
How did it go? :smile:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
I don't understand why everything has to be such a struggle.

:console:
I hope you're feeling better now.
I'm always here if you want someone to talk to :smile:
Original post by FireFreezer77
Well done for phoning them! That's a big step!
How did it go?

It went well. He doubled my citalopram and gave me a new medication as well and I'll see him again in 6 weeks, or earlier if I'm struggling. If I'm still not better then he'll refer me to the CMHT :smile:

Latest