The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Eminem is top 5 of all time for me personally, but I am slightly biased as he was the first rapper I got into. Which is what quite a few white guys my age will probably relate to.

Original post by SirAlexFerguson
I like rap to the extent of Eminem, don't really have any favourites. Does Drake count?

Why do you like Eminem, but no other?

As there are far less threatening rappers out there. De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest, Rakim - to name a few.

So it must be because he's white.

Drake doesn't count. He's a singer. And before people start referencing Jumpman and any rap songs from Comeback Season (which is actually a solid tape). Ed Sheeran, Chris Brown and Justin Bieber all have bars, but they ain't rappers.

Original post by bammy jastard 27
Eminem is not the goat.

I do listen to your Hip-Hop opinions, it's one of few things I do actually give you credibility for.

Name your top 5 please (OAT)
Original post by swirly
This reminds me of the Mike Tyson fans I know. Mainly just the Pakistani ones from Barking. They shop at River Island too.

I love your generalisations, so on point.

Do they all have the same trim? (Similar to Augero's). Also boast about how much they bang gym and how much money they make?

Also, a recruitment consultant rang me earlier, was a guy though. He sounded good looking.
Original post by zKlown
Eminem is top 5 of all time for me personally, but I am slightly biased as he was the first rapper I got into. Which is what quite a few white guys my age will probably relate to.

As there are far less threatening rappers out there. De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest, Rakim - to name a few.

Drake doesn't count. He's a singer. And before people start referencing Jumpman and any rap songs from Comeback Season (which is actually a solid tape). Ed Sheeran, Chris Brown and Justin Bieber all have bars, but they ain't rappers.

I do listen to your Hip-Hop opinions, it's one of few things I do actually give you credibility for.

More likely to be that she's never heard of the other 3
Original post by difeo

Hello there old friend.

What's Depleted's name on here now btw?
Original post by difeo

Why would you need to know about the others?

After Eminem, they're just a disappointment...
Original post by zKlown
Hello there old friend.

What's Depleted's name on here now btw?

hiya pal

@jam276
Original post by Lúcio
Why would you need to know about the others?

After Eminem, they're just a disappointment...

we gonna act like Kanye isn't the goat
Reply 9907
Original post by zKlown

Nas biggie eminem kendrick. fifth one im stuck between pac Jay Z cole and a few others like big l.

I'd put jay z fifth because hes been there for a long time.

Also drake back in the day was pretty op, he changed his style tho but him and wayne were really good.
(edited 7 years ago)
lol I only agree with Nas there but Jay-Z is nowhere near top five of all time :biggrin:
Reply 9909
Never understood the hype around Kendrick.

Prefer Cole.

@Wilfred Little Yours?
Did I just see Kendrick in a top 5 lmao
Original post by Rk2k14
Never understood the hype around Kendrick.

Prefer Cole.

@Wilfred Little Yours?

Andre 3000
Ice Cube
Ghostface
Nas
Black Thought
Reply 9912
Devlin.
@Rk2k14

What about you?
Reply 9914
Original post by Wilfred Little
@Rk2k14

What about you?

Nas
Rakim
GZA
Mos Def
Big Pun
Original post by Rk2k14
Nas
Rakim
GZA
Mos Def
Big Pun

I did think about GZA but realised I don't listen to enough outside of that one album. That one album is top 5 though.
Reply 9916
Original post by Wilfred Little
I did think about GZA but realised I don't listen to enough outside of that one album. That one album is top 5 though.

Even listening to Wu Tang he was the one that stood out the most. Man could rhyme anything.
Reply 9917
Listen to kendrick properly people and not just king kunta and swimming pools. Also I prefered method man to gza on the album. he always outdid him on the songs.

Andre 3000 I aint listened to enough to put him in a top 5.

Jay z has the issue that he constantly churns out crap now which ruins his legacy. eminem the same.

Lupe fiasco also has the same issue and he turned too much into an overconscious self righteous prick to put him in the top 5 even though he produced two of my favourite albums.

Also kendrick destroys ice cube lyrically.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Nas biggie eminem kendrick. fifth one im stuck between pac Jay Z cole and a few others like big l.

I'd put jay z fifth because hes been there for a long time.

Also drake back in the day was pretty op, he changed his style tho but him and wayne were really good.

Similar to me.

Also, what was the last song, verse or freestyle that Em banged on?
Reply 9919
Method's the most famous, which is why people seem to jump on him the most.

Latest