The Student Room Group

Maths mark

For those who has done the sample assesments for maths, how many marks did you get?
I got 33/80 is that good?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by forre
For those who has done the sample assesments for maths, how many marks did you get?
I got 32/80 is that good?

I'm struggling to work out whether or not this is A-level/GCSE?

Entrance exam?
Reply 2
Original post by Maths is Life
I'm struggling to work out whether or not this is A-level/GCSE?

Entrance exam?

What do you mean?😅😅
Im talking about gcse
Original post by forre

33/80 is probably a 5 (possibly a 4, but I doubt it), tbh, judging from the old specification. It may be a 6, but we can't really say yet.
Reply 4
Original post by forre

33/80 is a little over 40% which isn't that great tbh
Original post by forre
What do you mean?😅😅
Im talking about gcse

Higher tier or foundation tier?
If it's foundation then you've a lot of work to do if you want to get a useful grade in the summer.
If it's higher tier then it's ok and, if matched by similar results from the other two papers, should be around about a good pass at level 5. Whether that's "good" depends on your goals and aptitude.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by User1212

It's still probably a good pass, which is fine for those that are only aiming for a 5 :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by User1212

I know, i did horrible, what pissed me off the most was the fact that we hadnt learnt over 75% of that test 😤😤
Reply 8
Original post by gdunne42
Higher tier or foundation tier?
If it's foundation then you've a lot of work to do if you want to get a useful grade in the summer.
If it's higher tier then it's ok and, if matched by similar results from the other two papers, should be around about a good pass at level 5. Whether that's "good" depends on your goals and aptitude.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the higher paper
Reply 9
Original post by _gcx
It's still probably a good pass, which is fine for those that are only aiming for a 5

Im not really aiming for a 5 though 😭
Reply 10
Anyway what did you guys get?
Original post by forre

You can do better if your practice more. Do more past papers from the old spec as well (syllabus has not changed massively so still relevant). Self mark those papers and look where you went wrong and then revise the topic till you get it maybe using online tutorials on youtube btw Examsolutions is great for revision. I suggest you redo the papers again and again to make sure you are confident. Also Mathsgenie is great for practice on specific topics if you feel you need more practice. Also 33/80 is not the best mark.

http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/gcse.html
http://www.examsolutions.net/
Reply 12
Original post by forre
Anyway what did you guys get?

Hey, We tried the specimen non calculator paper, in preparation for our mocks which will start in mid November.I got 76/80.
Reply 13
Original post by Fnt1klo
Hey, We tried the specimen non calculator paper, in preparation for our mocks which will start in mid November.I got 76/80.

😨😨😨😨😨how?
And what year are you in
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Tinka99
You can do better if your practice more. Do more past papers from the old spec as well (syllabus has not changed massively so still relevant). Self mark those papers and look where you went wrong and then revise the topic till you get it maybe using online tutorials on youtube btw Examsolutions is great for revision. I suggest you redo the papers again and again to make sure you are confident. Also Mathsgenie is great for practice on specific topics if you feel you need more practice. Also 33/80 is not the best mark.

http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/gcse.html
http://www.examsolutions.net/

Thanks for the links, and i kmow 33/80 is ****
Reply 15
Original post by forre
😨😨😨😨😨how?
And what year are you in

Maths genie, and MathsWatch.
Year 11.
Reply 16
Original post by Fnt1klo
Maths genie, and MathsWatch.