The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Omg I haven't been on in forever!!! I'm going to Worcester tomorrow for an open day and I'm buzzing 😃😃😃😃😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you do when you're so behind on work and you've still got coursework etc. that needs starting? I'm so ****ed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
What do you do when you're so behind on work and you've still got coursework etc. that needs starting? I'm so ****ed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I tend to make a to do list with everything that needs doing :smile: work your way through it and you'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
I tend to make a to do list with everything that needs doing :smile: work your way through it and you'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just get to the point where I have so much I just sort of freeze up and doing nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's so weird how physics gets better at A2 👀

Spoiler

It's the same with A2 Chemistry here, mate
Reply 666
I've planned a pack day for after school tomorrow! Super motivated and ready to start ticking off the tasks.

Until I actually get back from school and will spend hours refreshing UCAS track and spending way too long of practice TSA questions :frown:
Original post by jamestg
I've planned a pack day for after school tomorrow! Super motivated and ready to start ticking off the tasks.

Until I actually get back from school and will spend hours refreshing UCAS track and spending way too long of practice TSA questions

What's a pack day?
Woo!! Should hopefully be applying to university very soon :biggrin: I'm excited. I will be applying to Derby, De Montfort, Middlesex, Nottingham Trent and Worcester to do Media :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 669
Original post by richardhello
What's a pack day?

Oops :biggrin: I meant packed lol

I was very tired :P
Anyone else started revising? I know it sounds crazy but I really want amazing grades. I have started making flashcards for the modules we have covered so far in my classes....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Louise12307
Anyone else started revising? I know it sounds crazy but I really want amazing grades. I have started making flashcards for the modules we have covered so far in my classes....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've started making notes too. The more I do now, the less panicked I'll be next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bright_Gift
I've started making notes too. The more I do now, the less panicked I'll be next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh good, I'm not completely alone here haha! I just know from the revision I have done so far that the content is almost double of not triple the amount as what is required at AS. There would just not be enough time to be sat revising everything and that's often why so many students have to selectively revise topics because they have left themselves no time to cover everything.

So far I have done cards for one half of my A2 Sociology (crime and deviance) and now I'm onto the other half that I have with another teacher!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys :smile: I'm not exactly new to TSR or this thread. I was thevamps99xo, but today I decided to create a new me! Today I had a GCSE Maths resit (ew) but I think I did quite well. When I did the proper GCSE exam in June last year and the other tries, the papers were so hard and I didn't feel like I picked up a lot of marks, but today was quite nice, the topics were nothing I've not done before and the problems I had to solve were a piece of cake. Just got to do the calculator paper on Friday morning then hopefully thats it for me with GCSE Maths! :smile:
Original post by Louise12307
Oh good, I'm not completely alone here haha! I just know from the revision I have done so far that the content is almost double of not triple the amount as what is required at AS. There would just not be enough time to be sat revising everything and that's often why so many students have to selectively revise topics because they have left themselves no time to cover everything.

So far I have done cards for one half of my A2 Sociology (crime and deviance) and now I'm onto the other half that I have with another teacher!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heyy :smile: I do sociology as well. What's your other topic?
Original post by honhonaribaxox
Hey guys :smile: I'm not exactly new to TSR or this thread. I was thevamps99xo, but today I decided to create a new me! Today I had a GCSE Maths resit (ew) but I think I did quite well. When I did the proper GCSE exam in June last year and the other tries, the papers were so hard and I didn't feel like I picked up a lot of marks, but today was quite nice, the topics were nothing I've not done before and the problems I had to solve were a piece of cake. Just got to do the calculator paper on Friday morning then hopefully thats it for me with GCSE Maths! :smile:

That's great! Fingers crossed for the result
Original post by Bright_Gift
That's great! Fingers crossed for the result

Thank you! Let's pray fourth time lucky!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What grade did you achieve in June?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CoolCavy
Wish i was back in year 12 :/ everything seemed easier then and more straightforward.
ive got like a million and one things to do and it isnt even all school work.
got applicant days and interviews coming out of my ears and when you account all the travelling for that im going to miss so much school which i would be glad about only for the fact that i really dont want to miss work especially as much of the practical work im doing atm can only be done in school :/
i try so hard all the time hand on my small rapidly beating heart and i just feel like it is never enough and that everyone is trying to squeeze the very last drops out of me because they want me to get A*s which is fine but i would be happy with As and idk
it is just so difficult.

there is also so much ppl dont see js :/
like imagining non existent monsters in your sleep at 5am and physically fending them off lol.
wish i could calm down but it is hard to do that with all these plates spinning and also other ppl relying on me to some extent, people whom im worried about tbh.
sigh.
roll on university :flybye:

The actual stress. Except I might just suppress it and act like it's not there
Original post by honhonaribaxox

What grade did you achieve in June ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest