The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by munirahalyana
Hi guys! I received LSE's email to let me know that they got my application on the 18th of October. Really anxious about the wait as I've already gotten rejected by Leeds so I'm not too confident about getting an offer from LSE lmao. But here are my grades and stuff. I'm applying for Accounting & Finance:

IGCSE - 9A*, 1A
AS - AAA in Accounting, Economics and Mathematics
Predicted - A*A*A or A*AA (Not too sure, didn't clarify w/ my lecturer)
In my opinion, (relatively) strong PS? Don't want to be too confident :P
IELTS - 8.5
Won bronze in an Accounting competition amongst 25 schools
Read "Alchemists of Loss" and "The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine"
I'm also taking AS Geography privately as my college offers limited subject choices.

Please let me know of my chances :frown:

You should check with your college your prediction grades, because maybe your predictions were below what the universities ask for. I don't know how competitive Leeds University is, but I feel like there might have been a mistake since they rejected you very quickly. Maybe tell your college to call them or something as rarely universities make mistakes.

Also, Accounting is in the "non-preferred" subjects of LSE, so I would say you have a very small chances of getting an offer from LSE since Accounting is in your main 3 subjects. Tell your college to contact Leeds and ask why you got rejected, in case if there was a mistake somewhere. :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by munirahalyana
Hi guys! I received LSE's email to let me know that they got my application on the 18th of October. Really anxious about the wait as I've already gotten rejected by Leeds so I'm not too confident about getting an offer from LSE lmao. But here are my grades and stuff. I'm applying for Accounting & Finance:

IGCSE - 9A*, 1A
AS - AAA in Accounting, Economics and Mathematics
Predicted - A*A*A or A*AA (Not too sure, didn't clarify w/ my lecturer)
In my opinion, (relatively) strong PS? Don't want to be too confident :P
IELTS - 8.5
Won bronze in an Accounting competition amongst 25 schools
Read "Alchemists of Loss" and "The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine"
I'm also taking AS Geography privately as my college offers limited subject choices.

Please let me know of my chances :frown:

Grades don't matter PS is the most important bit and from what you have said it seems like you've spoken way too much about what you have read in your personal statement. How many lines have you used speaking about the books you;ve read? I've personally chosen the best book i've read and spoken about that single book in-depth and my own analysis of it and what I have done because of it :smile:
Reply 442
First offers could be this week guys.

Last year the first offer that I know of was 6th November
Reply 443
Original post by h3110

I think rejection is this week and offers will come on next Friday. They started late by one week for this year. But just purely guessing here.
Original post by h3110

Original post by Heheboy
I think rejection is this week and offers will come on next Friday. They started late by one week for this year. But just purely guessing here.

Are you guys also reapplicants?
Did you get an offer last year or are you studying in LSE right now?
Reply 445
Original post by Fbiemad
Are you guys also reapplicants?
Did you get an offer last year or are you studying in LSE right now?

Nope, this is my first time applying :smile: But i'm giving my views based on senior's experience and the previous thread's information. Also, the earliest batch of offer for last year was at the very end of October. So he could be right, hopefully we can see some offers this Friday! :biggrin:
I just received the 8 weeks email from LSE for BSc Econonics. Has anyone else got this for Economics?
Reply 447
Original post by Fbiemad
I just received the 8 weeks email from LSE for BSc Econonics. Has anyone else got this for Economics?

When did you apply?
Heres my 8 week, recieved last week.
So I got the email today saying it has been passed to the selector but it never went through the first round? Never got an email for it anyway
Reply 450
is anyone applying PPE or have got in already? How is it like?
Original post by Alexwwg
When did you apply?

10th October

Original post by Lauren1498x
So I got the email today saying it has been passed to the selector but it never went through the first round? Never got an email for it anyway

What course? When did you apply?
Original post by Fbiemad
10th October

Government and history so maybe not that over subscribed
Reply 453
After applying on the 16th October, I just received the 'initial review' email for BSc Economics.
Reply 454
Same but I applied on the 18th October and it is for BSc Phil & Econ
Reply 455
Original post by Fbiemad
10th October

oh right that make sense, I applied on the 12th, hope my 8 weeks email is coming soon gdluck for both of us mate. You mind sharing your application? Grades subjects etc
Does LSE have lower standards for international applicants? My friend got in last year having barely met the qualifications.
Reply 457
Original post by fyrebirds
Does LSE have lower standards for international applicants? My friend got in last year having barely met the qualifications.

UK universities get a lot more money from international students so it is generally suspected that they favour them a bit. Shouldn't make a massive difference, mind - if you don't meet the requirements they won't just let you in anyway because of being an international applicant.
Original post by Alexwwg
oh right that make sense, I applied on the 12th, hope my 8 weeks email is coming soon gdluck for both of us mate. You mind sharing your application? Grades subjects etc

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fbiemad

Spoiler

Those are amazing stats; all the best with your application this year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending