The Student Room Group

Think Ahead Program 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi Charlotte- same for me! Three weeks today and nothing :frown: have you emailed?
Original post by bonmadx
Hi Charlotte- same for me! Three weeks today and nothing :frown: have you emailed?

No I haven't, have you?
I've emailed about not hearing back now, don't expect to hear anything until Monday 😭
Hi all,

Thinking about applying for Think Ahead as I've just been reading up about it but have already applied to Frontline. Gonna see how far I get on the application stages first with Frontline as they close a lot earlier but I think I like the focus on the mental health aspect that think ahead seems to be directed at.

Any thoughts anyone?
Reply 24
Original post by amberee
Hi all,

Thinking about applying for Think Ahead as I've just been reading up about it but have already applied to Frontline. Gonna see how far I get on the application stages first with Frontline as they close a lot earlier but I think I like the focus on the mental health aspect that think ahead seems to be directed at.

Any thoughts anyone?

I've applied for Think Ahead and thinking about apply for Frontline. I would prefer to work with mental health than children and families. I think it all depends in what your preferences are. I am very much hoping to get a place with Think Ahead. Still waiting to hear back from them. It's been 2 weeks now since I've sent my application.
Reply 25
I received an invite to complete the SJT exactly three weeks after I sent off my application form. I think they must stick to the three weeks for a response, which feels like a long time when you're waiting!
Reply 26
I applied on the 9/10. Nothing yet. Anyone knows if they started interviewing people? Tnx!
I didn't get through but good luck to everyone else! Judging by my response to not getting any further I'm looking at other careers as I actually didn't feel too bad! Enjoy the process everyone, I wish you all the best x
Hi, my 3 weeks is up tomorrow, just wondering if you have heard anything yet or if the painful wait will have to continue longer?
Reply 29
Got an email today with an invite for the assessment centre! Hope everyone else is finding the process exciting :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by al_h
Got an email today with an invite for the assessment centre! Hope everyone else is finding the process exciting :smile:

Hi I am so happy for you :smile:
I am still waiting for an answer hopefully by next week when it will be 3 weeks since I've applied. How did u find the situational test?
Reply 31
Original post by darling35
Hi I am so happy for you :smile:
I am still waiting for an answer hopefully by next week when it will be 3 weeks since I've applied. How did u find the situational test?

Thank you! I'm really pleased.

The situational judgement test was pretty tricky, but I understand why it's an important part of the application.

I think as long as you have done your research on what the job of a social worker entails, you'll be able to make informed choices for the questions they ask.

Good luck!
I submitted my application around 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back yet. Hate waiting! I struggled with the youtube video tbh found it quite awkward im not the best at videos haha
I just submitted my application yesterday. Now I'm in for a 3 week wait! I've never filmed myself before but I actually quite enjoyed making the video. I really hope I get through. Good luck everyone :smile:
Original post by darling35
I've applied for Think Ahead and thinking about apply for Frontline. I would prefer to work with mental health than children and families. I think it all depends in what your preferences are. I am very much hoping to get a place with Think Ahead. Still waiting to hear back from
them. It's been 2 weeks now since I've sent my application.

I have already been accepted onto Frontline- what you have to remember is, either way you get a generic social work masters. Doing or the other is only on preference of experience. You will still be eligible to work with children or adults upon qualifying.you will just have to sell your experience as transferable.
Hi everyone,

Do they let you know either way? Ie - Sorry you didn't get to the next stage?

I applied on the 20th - not heard anything. x
Also - Would love to know how old anyone is that applied?! Feeling like the oldest person atm!
I'm 30 x
Reply 37
Original post by al_h
Got an email today with an invite for the assessment centre! Hope everyone else is finding the process exciting

Hi, Congratulations on getting to the assessment centre! I've just taken the sjt, can I ask how long it took you to hear about the assessment centre after that? Hoping it won't take another three weeks! Thanks :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by K_H
Hi, Congratulations on getting to the assessment centre! I've just taken the sjt, can I ask how long it took you to hear about the assessment centre after that? Hoping it won't take another three weeks! Thanks

1 week
Reply 39
Original post by hippychick2101
Also - Would love to know how old anyone is that applied?! Feeling like the oldest person atm!
I'm 30 x

I'm 24, nearly 25. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending