The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Racso
I have just rang the number that was posted on here a few days ago. Spoke to a guy who said that basically the original team that handled all this fell behind with it all (which is obvious) an they were brought in a month ago to start handling the data etc. He reassured me that i was on the list and just waiting for the pre employment checks to be completed which je said should be in the next few weeks. He did say though that most are in the same situation as me. I dont know if he was referring to my location or in general but if you look on here they seems to be a lot of people for croydon getting offers. Maybe they are doing it by location?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was the number you rang location specific? If not could you message it me please. I'll probably just get the same answers as you but I've been told i have missing document just not what documents, told me the vacancy holder should be in touch about it which they haven't 🙄 So close to withdrawing, 3 years at uni was never this stressful.
Has anyone who is on the 1320/1321 application who hasnt had a formal offer as yet heard anything/ had any update?

I was told on Friday by them that they expect to be sending out further batches of formal offers early this week, but things on here now seem to be contradicting the timescales?
Original post by dc850208
Has anyone who is on the 1320/1321 application who hasnt had a formal offer as yet heard anything/ had any update?

I was told on Friday by them that they expect to be sending out further batches of formal offers early this week, but things on here now seem to be contradicting the timescales?

A week and a bit ago, I'd got bored of being kept in the dark about whether Manpower were handling my checks. I managed to get through to the correct department and they said that the photocopies of my ID, that had been taken at interview, had not been photopied correctly!

I then had to arrange a day off work to take my documents to be re-photocopied.

My advice would be to chase them and make sure they have all your relevant info because they could be sitting on it.
Original post by Me so...?
A week and a bit ago, I'd got bored of being kept in the dark about whether Manpower were handling my checks. I managed to get through to the correct department and they said that the photocopies of my ID, that had been taken at interview, had not been photopied correctly!

My advice would be to chase them and make sure they have all your relevant info because they could be sitting on it.

Who did you ring please? Do you have a number? Thanks
Original post by Bunny2837
Who did you ring please? Do you have a number? Thanks

I just called one of the manpower branches and they put me through to head office
I just called one of the manpower branches and they put me through to head office

You must be luckier than me! I've just phoned Manchester who gave me head office in Newcastle who gave me an email which turns out to be the home office! Helpful! NOT!! What a joke!
Original post by JDW87
Who did that email come from? Was it direct from hmrc? Also, had you previously been to the AC providing docs? Hoping I can just scan my passport :-/.

Was this the wmp email address or the isbc.e&c one? I don't even know which one is my first point of contact now as it's taken multiple emails to both over 3 weeks to get a response. Nothing seems to happen without chasing up, and presumably the dbs process can't start until they have proof of residency. It begs the question would we just sit at this status indefinitely? Or, worse, until they eventually say that since they didn't get docs within appropriate time frame the offer has been withdrawn despite not actually us for them. Maybe now a lot of the 13xx/16 seem to have had some progress they'll have some time for us 16xx/16 ones now.

The email came from a noreply@civilservicejobs and they asked me to send it to BSS. Maybe they accepted my scan as it was just a proof of residence (?)
Original post by memoryfish
Try from the frying pan into furnace. Nah it's not that bad , it's all changing and getting better to be fair. I don't understand why I haven't been contacted yet about this job :s-smilie: 1320/16. Everyone seems to have had an offer now on here.
I'm in the same boat - no formal offer yet...sill at provisional offer stage. Pfft :s-smilie:

This is such balls! They have so obviously screwed up and lost documents because I got told the same thing re: Nottingham and I remember specifically looking at the copy of my passport that was taken and it was slap bang in the middle of the sheet of A4 but they said the numbers were missing off the bottom of it...erm...no they weren't! Absolute nonsense.

It's a wonder anyone is left to accept the formal offers after the farce re: recruitment!:frown:
Original post by simplymekaty
I'm in the same boat - no formal offer yet...sill at provisional offer stage. Pfft :s-smilie:

I'm at the same stage. I haven't even passed the pre-employment checks from Manpower yet. I finished my DBS and health checks over two weeks ago. Not sure what the hell they are doing now. So much for having the checks done in 20 days.
Reply 2430
Had anyone who got an offer for Croydon got in touch with HMRC to find out if you can change location?
Reply 2431
Original post by daj19
Had anyone who got an offer for Croydon got in touch with HMRC to find out if you can change location?

You can do that, bare in mind your job role might change and you have to have a good reason
Original post by daj19

I did yesterday by sending an email query to that E&C Support team email but I doubt they will do anything about it as it says on the job advert that they cant guarantee our preferred location. We just have to hope we can talk to the new manager and he/she might be able to help out.

Whereabouts will you be travelling in from?

Im coming in from east London from a zone 4 station and east Croydon is zone 5. It is pricey if you travel via zone 1 i.e. London Bridge.
Reply 2433
Original post by Escapalda lamen
I did yesterday by sending an email query to that E&C Support team email but I doubt they will do anything about it as it says on the job advert that they cant guarantee our preferred location. We just have to hope we can talk to the new manager and he/she might be able to help out.

Whereabouts will you be travelling in from?

Im coming in from east London from a zone 4 station and east Croydon is zone 5. It is pricey if you travel via zone 1 i.e. London Bridge.

I'm coming from east london as well so it's going to take so long
Reply 2434
This is the reply I got:

I can arrange for your location to be changed however your formal offer will be withdrawn and you will be put back on the list and I am unable to advise how long it will be before offers are sent for Euston Tower or Stratford.
Original post by daj19
This is the reply I got:

I can arrange for your location to be changed however your formal offer will be withdrawn and you will be put back on the list and I am unable to advise how long it will be before offers are sent for Euston Tower or Stratford.

Oh wow. did you get that reply today after emailing them on Friday?
The thing is I am also waiting pre employment checks to be confirmed for an O grade tax role 1667/16 so I might take that on and then wait for the formal offer for Stratford. I need to get out of my current HMRC Department.
Did you accept the offer for Croydon? Because I already have and then just sent a query yesterday about how far it was.
Reply 2436
Oh wow. did you get that reply today after emailing them on Friday?
The thing is I am also waiting pre employment checks to be confirmed for an O grade tax role 1667/16 so I might take that on and then wait for the formal offer for Stratford. I need to get out of my current HMRC Department.
Did you accept the offer for Croydon? Because I already have and then just sent a query yesterday about how far it was.

I got a reply today after sending an email today. I've accepted Croydon but want to move to Stratford/Euston later
Did u guys get an reply back after sending out the email to accept the formal offer?
Original post by gajman87
Did u guys get an reply back after sending out the email to accept the formal offer?

That was a quick reply daj from them considering how slow they are with everything.
Gajman im still awaiting my reply that i sent yesterday. This is after i accepted the offer on friday.
That was a quick reply daj from them considering how slow they are with everything.
Gajman im still awaiting my reply that i sent yesterday. This is after i accepted the offer on friday.

Still waiting here for reply of my acceptance but i guess i just need to turn up and meet darren cooley on the 28/11 at croydon.

Latest

Trending

Trending