The Student Room Group

finding flatmates for second year

i've been reading about finding a house and all that for second year, a lot of people say they start looking in november/december...its nearly november and i'm worried as i haven't found anyone who wants to live with me for second/third year...there is one person i can think of who i would like to live with but she is close with a lot of other people and i feel like she will look for a house with them. should i wait a while to see if i make some close friends or should i ask my friend about living with her next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubblegumcat
i've been reading about finding a house and all that for second year, a lot of people say they start looking in november/december...its nearly november and i'm worried as i haven't found anyone who wants to live with me for second/third year...there is one person i can think of who i would like to live with but she is close with a lot of other people and i feel like she will look for a house with them. should i wait a while to see if i make some close friends or should i ask my friend about living with her next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello,

Generally yes, people start looking around November/December with friends they've made over the course of the term and go to house viewings and get it sorted before Christmas - however, if you don't no worries.

It's best to just ask some people if they'd like to move in with you and go from there - if not, look for people advertising rooms and see if you'd like to live with them etc.

Good luck!
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
Hello,

Generally yes, people start looking around November/December with friends they've made over the course of the term and go to house viewings and get it sorted before Christmas - however, if you don't no worries.

It's best to just ask some people if they'd like to move in with you and go from there - if not, look for people advertising rooms and see if you'd like to live with them etc.

Good luck!

ahh ok thanks, where can i find these advertisements ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
In London it is a lot more common to wait closer to summer to decide upon housemates/houses due to how London housing works. So depends where you are.
If you've found a landlord/agency then they might be able to introduce you to a house with similar people who need another flatmate

Posted from TSR Mobile

spareroom.co.uk is good for finding housemates
Original post by Noodlzzz
In London it is a lot more common to wait closer to summer to decide upon housemates/houses due to how London housing works. So depends where you are.

wouldn't have to worry about that bc i'm from london haha :P but rn i go to a uni outside of london so i doubt it works like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
If you've found a landlord/agency then they might be able to introduce you to a house with similar people who need another flatmate

haven't found one yet :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Noodlzzz
spareroom.co.uk is good for finding housemates

thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Often across social media platforms, e.g. Facebook, Twitter etc.
Sometimes in your Student Union there will be a notice board and people will put notices up their!
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
Often across social media platforms, e.g. Facebook, Twitter etc.
Sometimes in your Student Union there will be a notice board and people will put notices up their!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry this is an old thread but I just wondered how things got on for you? I feel like I am going to be in the same position this year and I worry I won't find anyone to live with!
Original post by LGBTvoice
Sorry this is an old thread but I just wondered how things got on for you? I feel like I am going to be in the same position this year and I worry I won't find anyone to live with!

hey no problem, i managed to find a place pretty late in the year (around may) with 5 ppl from my uni i don't know (i came across them on a housing group for my uni on facebook), the house is close by to my uni which is great so don't worry just keep trying. If you have someone in mind you would like to live with then ask them asap, i asked my friend who i mentioned in my original post, we looked for a house together but it fell through because we couldn't find what we wanted and i got impatient but if you're looking with a friend don't give up with them just keep trying and you'll eventually find something. If there's a housing office at your uni, you should speak to them. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest