The Student Room Group

Arup graduate jobs

I've applied for a role at arup and managed to get a telephone interview can anyone give me any tips as to what is asked and what they mean by scenario questions?

Scroll to see replies

Pretty good info on this page https://targetjobs.co.uk/employer-hubs/arup/379808-how-to-answer-arup-graduate-interview-questions and glassdoor.co.uk. Main thing to bear in mind is responding using the STAR technique, it's what they are looking for.

Scenarios; they'll give you examples of potential products, what the benefits, obstacles may be etc.
hamza ahmad hamzaahmad786 luton hertfordshire
Reply 2
Original post by zoeyyy_
I've applied for a role at arup and managed to get a telephone interview can anyone give me any tips as to what is asked and what they mean by scenario questions?

Hey,
Which graduate job did you apply for?
Reply 3
Original post by pui95
Hey,
Which graduate job did you apply for?

Business psychologist one
Just got invited for a telephone interview

Anyone else completed one? .... what sort of questions will be asked?

the timing for the phone interviews are a bit weird....mines at 7 in the afternoon lol!
well that phone interview was tense!!! wow
Reply 6
I have a phone interview at 8 in the morning next week
How did you feel yours went? What kind of questions were you asked?
Good luck!
Reply 7
Original post by mch-12
I have a phone interview at 8 in the morning next week
How did you feel yours went? What kind of questions were you asked?
Good luck!

I have no clue how mine went yet as I wasn't expecting some of the questions they asked. Just make sure you're clued up about what arup believe in and their values, also there were some situational based questions looking at how you'd deal with situations as a graduate employee. Best of Luck man
Reply 8
Original post by manny0121
well that phone interview was tense!!! wow

Honestly I wasn't expecting any of it so in depth right?
Original post by zowee123
Honestly I wasn't expecting any of it so in depth right?

haha i know right

have they contacted you at all?
Reply 10
Has anyone actually heard back from arup? I'm aware they 'always give feedback' whether you've got it or not but I'm yet to hear from them.
Original post by zoeyyy_
Has anyone actually heard back from arup? I'm aware they 'always give feedback' whether you've got it or not but I'm yet to hear from them.

they said 7 days to me.... so for me, i expect an email/phonecall on friday
Reply 12
they said 7 days to me.... so for me, i expect an email/phonecall on friday

Yeah same but its been over 2 weeks for me kinda given up hope :frown: Good Luck!
Original post by zoeyyy_
Yeah same but its been over 2 weeks for me kinda given up hope :frown: Good Luck!

have you tried contacting them?
Reply 14
have you tried contacting them?

Just got an email saying its going to be reviewed by hiring managers, if successful I'll be invited to the assesment centre. Could take weeks but hey hopefully I get it, if not at least I get feedback :smile:
Original post by zoeyyy_
Just got an email saying its going to be reviewed by hiring managers, if successful I'll be invited to the assesment centre. Could take weeks but hey hopefully I get it, if not at least I get feedback :smile:

Me too!!

''We are pleased to inform you that you will be progressed to the next stage of our recruitment process, which is a review of applications with the Hiring Managers''

Not sure what this means though? will the hiring manager just read out applications? etc; ?
wow todays actually been a good day! been progressed onto the next stage for 3 graduate schemes! but rejected for one
Reply 17
Me too!!

''We are pleased to inform you that you will be progressed to the next stage of our recruitment process, which is a review of applications with the Hiring Managers''

Not sure what this means though? will the hiring manager just read out applications? etc; ?

The guy I spoke to a few days ago said this means you've been shortlisted by the early resource team based on the telephone interview, so its just a matter of managers more in the field of the job reading up on your application to ensure you're suitable as they're more clued up?
Reply 18
wow todays actually been a good day! been progressed onto the next stage for 3 graduate schemes! but rejected for one

woah congrats! Is arup what you want the most or do you not mind? :smile:
Original post by zoeyyy_
woah congrats! Is arup what you want the most or do you not mind? :smile:

ARUP is in top 3, .....my number 1 is BT though (got a video interview for it tommrow ... its 14 questions =/ so doubt ill pass it haha)

What about you?

...Also I don't understand... didn't HR read our applications to progress us onto the phone interview? :s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending