The Student Room Group

Lost a spider in my room

I saw a medium sized spider in my room and I asked my dad to get rid of it for me but he was in the bath. Then, straight away, it ran behind my chest of drawers.
I pulled all of my furniture out, including my chest of drawers, to try and find it but it is no where to be seen. WTF!!!
I have a massive phobia of spiders and I am internally freaking out.
What shall I do?

Someone comfort me pls. Should I be this scared? Has this happened to you before?

Scroll to see replies

Spray some acidic juice such as PURE ORANGE OR APPLE around your bed. Spiders do not like the impurities of such solutions so won't cross over them.
Don't worry about it. You are much more of a danger to it than it is to you. It will avoid you.
Reply 3
Rip OP
Befriend it
Reply 5
Just keep looking around your room and as soon as your dad's back, tell him to have a look around as well. You'll be fine, don't worry about it
I used to be afraid of spiders, until one day I forced myself to pick one up using a cup and a piece of card and put it outside (it was actually the day I moved into uni, so my mum wasn't around to do it for me :lol:).

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to panic. Spiders won't hurt you, if you leave it alone, I'm sure it will make its own way out :smile:
Reply 7
Make sure it doesn't crawl into your mouth nose or ears while you sleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You need to leave the house 🏡
(edited 7 years ago)
hmm joke for reps or serious long list of tips and instructions

cba to do either sry

edit: sry that was rude so just chill and find it
Original post by jessyjellytot14
I saw a medium sized spider in my room and I asked my dad to get rid of it for me but he was in the bath. Then, straight away, it ran behind my chest of drawers.
I pulled all of my furniture out, including my chest of drawers, to try and find it but it is no where to be seen. WTF!!!
What shall I do?

Someone comfort me pls. Should I be this scared? Has this happened to you before?

This has happened to me before. Just don't panic if you see it put a cup over it and a piece of paper underneath then remove it.
Original post by A321
Make sure it doesn't crawl into your mouth nose or ears while you sleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very comforting!
What shall I do?

It's hoover time....
Original post by will'o'wisp
It's hoover time....

Lol, that's what I do!
evacuate the house
Original post by Leviathan1741
I used to be afraid of spiders, until one day I forced myself to pick one up using a cup and a piece of card and put it outside (it was actually the day I moved into uni, so my mum wasn't around to do it for me ).

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to panic. Spiders won't hurt you, if you leave it alone, I'm sure it will make its own way out

I still am.
Original post by BhavyaB
Just keep looking around your room and as soon as your dad's back, tell him to have a look around as well. You'll be fine, don't worry about it

My dad is fuming because I overreacted a lot and then he stormed out of the house...
My dad is fuming because I overreacted a lot and then he stormed out of the house...

Lol he afraid of it too XD
Original post by illimitable
lol, that's what i do!

get it on maximum powah!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q

Quick Reply

Latest