The Student Room Group

Anyone NOT celebrate Halloween?

If so why not?

Scroll to see replies

busy with uni work
Reply 2
I do not celebrate Halloween because Halloween is not an official celebration of any sort in the country I was born in.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't because were I live there are no street lights or pathways and most people don't answer their doors but my friend isn't allowed to do anything for Halloween as her family are Christians and halloween is about death and evil beings like the devil
I remember Halloween actually used to be a big thing back in the day I remember my older Brother going as a Vampire and I went as Harry Potter lol, but now I'm too lazy same with most people I think that and this mass hysteria that if you celebrate Halloween you're worshipping the devil.
I carve a pumpkin :colone: #Moooose
No its a pointless celebration it's mainly a American thing tbf
I eat chocolate and thats it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Don't really see the point...

Spoiler

Am too old. I was giving out sweets to the children though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MattB_
Don't really see the point...

Spoiler

Oh yeah haha. There has been a few extremely fit ones I've seen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jazzy4949
I don't because were I live there are no street lights or pathways and most people don't answer their doors but my friend isn't allowed to do anything for Halloween as her family are Christians and halloween is about death and evil beings like the devil

Which is kind of ironic given that the present from of Halloween is a bastardised version of a Celtic spiritual festival of the dead (of sorts) that the Christians hijacked around the 8th Century. Jack o' lanterns were originally made in order to repel evil spirits, so if they're actually serious about their beliefs regarding this then it seems strange that they don't do anything for Halloween considering that they've got a higher chance of the devil entering their house over Halloween compared to those who have Jack o' lanterns.
never did
never saw the appeal...
Don't see the point
not really..

Personally I prefer to celebrate Guy Fawkes Night..and the two are so close together that havign two parties/family events is to much.. so its either, combine them, or just do fireworks night.

The only time I would do halloween is with my future children, as its still a pretty fun time for them.
Original post by xobeauty
If so why not?

Have a Biology mock today. So spent last night revising...
Reply 16
Is everyone obliged to celebrate it or what? Some people don't even know what that is.
Reply 17
It's pointless and not my thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've never rly been fussed about halloween, I was at work/doing essays all weekend/yesterday anyways.
Original post by xobeauty
If so why not?

I'm not a kid anymore. I'm not into random "celebrations".

I mean be honest, you are not celebrating Halloween as much as using it as an excuse to do something.

Quick Reply

Latest