The Student Room Group

Manchester University A100 (2017 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by michaela__
Sainsbury's, aww you're so lucky 😂 think I'll aim to send mine off by 9pm in case I panic and want to change something 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so glad my school gave me a 2 week half term 😏 Dw too much, don't think it will influence anything heavily unless it is significantly bad
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 261
Original post by acarr404
anyone got a conformation email after sending off their non academic form? Sent mine on Thursday and still waiting!!!

Did mine today and I got it straight away. Might want to do it again.

Also check your spam etc
Reply 262
Original post by manlike99
LOOOOL

I'm a girl lol I wasn't making movements
Original post by SarahCroydon
I tried to concentrate on one for each section as it said somewhere you would get more marks fewer examples than listing examples

Hi, do you know how they mark each section?
My form is completely done and dusted EXCEPT for the motivation for med bit....struggling so so much to condense it all into 1100 characters
Original post by CSD99
I'm a girl lol I wasn't making movements

oh right seen looooll
It won't let me type PRESENT on the form? Should I just leave it as 31st October and email them to let them know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It won't let me type PRESENT on the form? Should I just leave it as 31st October and email them to let them know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I left it as 31st October and, when discussing that role in the form, made it clear it was an ongoing commitment. :smile: I figure they'll assume it's a current position rather than that you coincidentally stopped today in any case.
Hi everyone,

submitted my form yesterday limited wifi ATM and needed it out of the way tbh.
Don't know how good anything is that I've written but tbh hoping for the best. Applying as a grad first time
A*A*A b c in Alevels and predicted 1st 683 average ukcat

Could see a few comments about AQA Chem. Did same exam board found Goalby Bancroft (I think that's the name of the school) notes very useful available on a tsr thread if you search. Immensely helpful. Also great is cgp book with a brown cover. So good at breaking things down. And a level chemistry website very challenging questions put together that test your understanding- fab starting point before hitting the past papers.

Got an A* in Chem and everyone else who got A*s/As found those resources useful. Wishing you all best in your applications guys- now we just have to focus on school/uni work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chikkinn
I left it as 31st October and, when discussing that role in the form, made it clear it was an ongoing commitment. :smile: I figure they'll assume it's a current position rather than that you coincidentally stopped today in any case.

Thank you so much! I've emailed them just to make sure but you're right they will probably realise. I pressed submit and got my confirmation email 😱 it's so scary now! It's all getting closer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much! I've emailed them just to make sure but you're right they will probably realise. I pressed submit and got my confirmation email 😱 it's so scary now! It's all getting closer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got all excited for about 20 minutes, then I looked back through last year's Keele thread and remembered that most people don't even know if they've got an interview until mid-February! Haha
I got all excited for about 20 minutes, then I looked back through last year's Keele thread and remembered that most people don't even know if they've got an interview until mid-February! Haha

Manchester invite to interview quite early so at least that's a positive thing, I checked the thread and it was late November last year and the year before that apparently it started on like the 13th November (invitations to interview this is). I'm honestly petrified I won't meet the cut off as I have 667 so I might have just done that form for absolutely no reason lmao 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manchester invite to interview quite early so at least that's a positive thing, I checked the thread and it was late November last year and the year before that apparently it started on like the 13th November (invitations to interview this is). I'm honestly petrified I won't meet the cut off as I have 667 so I might have just done that form for absolutely no reason lmao 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah, I completely forgot I was back in a Manchester thread here... It's my attention to detail that motivates me to become a doctor. :colonhash:
Oh yeah, I completely forgot I was back in a Manchester thread here... It's my attention to detail that motivates me to become a doctor. :colonhash:

Lmao love it😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 274

Posted from TSR Mobile

I managed to get it to say ONGOING, took a couple of tries but it worked
Reply 275
Original post by Hdizzle
Hi everyone,

Don't know how good anything is that I've written but tbh hoping for the best. Applying as a grad first time

Could see a few comments about AQA Chem. Did same exam board found Goalby Bancroft (I think that's the name of the school) notes very useful available on a tsr thread if you search. Immensely helpful. Also great is cgp book with a brown cover. So good at breaking things down. And a level chemistry website very challenging questions put together that test your understanding- fab starting point before hitting the past papers.

Got an A* in Chem and everyone else who got A*s/As found those resources useful. Wishing you all best in your applications guys- now we just have to focus on school/uni work

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah he makes notes on a website called chem revise
Original post by DocPK
Yeah he makes notes on a website called chem revise

His notes saved my life last year ngl

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 277
His notes saved my life last year ngl

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep, i dont waste time making notes for chem because of them. Just crack on with questions. If only there was something similar for biology
Original post by DocPK
yep, i dont waste time making notes for chem because of them. Just crack on with questions. If only there was something similar for biology

Tell me about bio I hate making revision notes for it as they take so long, the closest thing I've found is the CGP books for bio

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hdizzle
Hi everyone,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the tips - so kind of you
Need all help I can find as my chemistry teacher is useless

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending