The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6140
Original post by Student505
Assalaamualaikum everyone
Can anyone give any advice on how to start to form a long term relationship with the Quran I.e how to grasp a proper understanding of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaykum Assalaam.

Have you tried reading the tafsir along with reading the Qu'ran? And make sure you give even if it is 10 mins to concentrate on the Qu'ran.

Original post by ak143244
Backk

Wow! Someone is creative.
Haha. We're not allowed to celebrate halloween or bonfire night, right?

Lol welcome back 😊
Yeah halloween and bonfire night have no basis in Islam.
Original post by Leukocyte
Walaykum asalaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh 😊💛

Alhamdulillah. May Allah grant you shifa.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ameen, barakAllahu feeki.
How you doing hun?💜💜

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333
Aww sis, may Allah grant you shifa 💜
Take care and rest x I will reply to your pm now Insha'Allah and tell what to do to help with flu lol.

Ameen, jazakAllahu khair❤❤
Alhamdulilah I received it, I'll reply to you in a moment. Thank you for taking the time to give me some advice xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333
Wa'alaykum Assalaam.

Have you tried reading the tafsir along with reading the Qu'ran? And make sure you give even if it is 10 mins to concentrate on the Qu'ran.

Lol welcome back 😊
Yeah halloween and bonfire night have no basis in Islam.

:smile:
Cool, why do people celebrate it then? So weird.
Do you watch/play any sports?
Original post by h333
Tsr emojis are not working for me properly and I can't insert images 😕

aha TSR is never good :lol: always have some technical issues :indiff:
Rememberance of Allah. You say Kalimahs and send blessing to Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) May Allah accept our duas. Ameen
Going to eat now. Be right back

ermm i see :h:
have fun

Original post by HAnwar
Test lol
Aw you'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ohh what subject? :curious:
hope so :crossedf:
Can anyone give any advice on how to start to form a long term relationship with the Quran I.e how to grasp a proper understanding of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Walaikum salam.
If you don't understand the arabic language, I recommend reading a translation (the Muhsin Khan version is normally recommended) to understand what you're reading; and top that up with tafseer for context and a more profound understading.
It's important not to burden yourself or else you might eventually stop, so start of by reading maybe only half a page a day, and eventually keep adding more. Scholars recommend that the Quran should be read and completed once a month, that might be hard to do at first but eventually you'll get there in shaa Allah. Make dua that Allah facilitates it for you to establish a relationship with the Quran, it's truly a healer and the ultimate source of happiness. And of course, make sure your intentions are pure and sincere, Allah will facilitate it for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6146
Original post by beautifulxxx
Ameen, jazakAllahu khair❤❤
Alhamdulilah I received it, I'll reply to you in a moment. Thank you for taking the time to give me some advice xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

BarakAllahu Feeki x
Np take your time. Aww you're always welcome 😊😘

Cool, why do people celebrate it then? So weird.
Do you watch/play any sports?

Idk it is believed to be originated from pagan festival.
Yes I love sports, I used to watch a lot before but been ages I have not eg football and tennis. Wbu?
Original post by h333
BarakAllahu Feeki x
Np take your time. Aww you're always welcome 😊😘

Idk it is believed to be originated from pagan festival.
Yes I love sports, I used to watch a lot before but been ages I have not eg football and tennis. Wbu?

Oh right.. makes sense.
Oh I watch football a lot and I sometimes play it when I have free time. Which team did/do you support? I support Chelsea :tongue:
I also like badminton and tennis I guess.
Aslaam,

Looking for some advice with relationships.. any brother/sister who's more religious than me able to guide me? Through PMs if possible.
Original post by Coerce
Aslaam,

Looking for some advice with relationships.. any brother/sister who's more religious than me able to guide me? Through PMs if possible.

What do you mean by more religious haha😆
Logging off now, take care everyone!
Always rememeber to stay positive!
Kudafiz and have a good day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Walaykum asalaam

Learn the basics first, learning how to recite in tajweed, these lessons will encourage you more to learn about the Quraan. Move onto translation and tafseer. Listening to it daily and refelecting upon it's meaning is how the relationship will build and get stronger inshaAllah.

Backk :smile:

Wow! :smile: Someone is creative.
Haha. We're not allowed to celebrate halloween or bonfire night, right?

I felt scared seeing that much blood :redface:
Nope. There's a really good video about Hallowen by the Youtube channel Merciful Servant. That explains perfectly why Muslims shouldn't celebrate it.

Ameen, barakAllahu feeki.
How you doing hun?💜💜

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alhamdulillah I'm doing good sis, thanks for asking. 💖 Just finished eating rn lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6152
Original post by fatima1998
aha TSR is never good always have some technical issues

ermm i see
have fun

ohh what subject?
hope so

Ikr

Oh right.. makes sense.
Oh I watch football a lot and I sometimes play it when I have free time. Which team did/do you support? I support Chelsea
I also like badminton and tennis I guess.

Don't ask me which team I supported or support :lol:
Yeah tennis is awesome too.
Thanks for the message.
Khuda hafiz.

Original post by Coerce
Aslaam,

Wa'alaykum Assalaam.
Hmmm yeah I am a sister so can't help through pms...can you not post here? Insha'Allah someone will help.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Coerce
Aslaam,

Wa'alaykumasalaam

Are you a boy or a girl? Just asking as it would be best of a person of the same gender pmed you.

I'm sure you're as religiously motivated as the rest of us.

Edit. Nvm noticed youre a boy. will pm.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IdeasForLife
Wa'alaykumasalaam

Are you a boy or a girl? Just asking as it would be best of a person of the same gender pmed you.

I'm sure you're as religiously motivated as the rest of us.

I'm a male.

Original post by h333

Wa'alaykum Assalaam.
Hmmm yeah I am a sister so can't help through pms...can you not post here? Insha'Allah someone will help.

One brother has messaged me so fine, and if Ideas is up to messages me it should be all fine then iA. don't really want to post publicy Jzk
Logging off now, take care everyone!
Always rememeber to stay positive!
Kudafiz and have a good day

You too.
JZK nice message. Allah Hafiz :smile:

Original post by Coerce
Aslaam,

Walaykum asalaam
Original post by Leukocyte
Walaykum asalaam

Learn the basics first, learning how to recite in tajweed, these lessons will encourage you more to learn about the Quraan. Move onto translation and tafseer. Listening to it daily and refelecting upon it's meaning is how the relationship will build and get stronger inshaAllah.

I felt scared seeing that much blood :redface:
Nope. There's a really good video about Hallowen by the Youtube channel Merciful Servant. That explains perfectly why Muslims shouldn't celebrate it.

Alhamdulillah I'm doing good sis, thanks for asking. 💖 Just finished eating rn lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

No prob xx
Haha as always, alhamdulilah what did you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No prob xx
Haha as always, alhamdulilah what did you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had food left from yday, palou and some spinach. What have you eaten?
Reply 6159
ﻳَٰٓﺄَﻳُّﻬَﺎ ٱﻟﻨَّﺎﺱُ ﺇِﻥَّ ﻭَﻋْﺪَ ٱﻟﻠَّﻪِ ﺣَﻖٌّ ۖ ﻓَﻼَ ﺗَﻐُﺮَّﻧَّﻜُﻢُ ٱﻟْﺤَﻴَﻮٰﺓُ ٱﻟﺪُّﻧْﻴَﺎ ۖ ﻭَﻻَ ﻳَﻐُﺮَّﻧَّﻜُﻢ ﺑِﭑﻟﻠَّﻪِ ٱﻟْﻐَﺮُﻭﺭُ

Ya ayyuha alnnasu inna waAAda Allahi haqqun fala taghurrannakumu alhayatu alddunya wala yaghurrannakum biAllahi algharooru

O men! Certainly the promise of Allah is true. Let not then this present life deceive you, nor let the Chief Deceiver deceive you about Allah.

Latest

Trending

Trending