The Student Room Group
Reply 9940
@bammy jastard 27 - if you found swirly's post offensive do let me know. I will report it on your behalf, and will have your back for when the moderation team come at us with questions.
Logs out
Drops mic
Never returns

@SA-1
Original post by SA-1
@bammy jastard 27 - if you found swirly's post offensive do let me know. I will report it on your behalf, and will have your back for when the moderation team come at us with questions.

I was offended reading it tbh
Reply 9943
Original post by Jimmy Seville
I'm not even that big into or knowledgeable about rap

Cool.
Original post by swirly
Imagine thinking you cant copy and paste off rap genius you cheese, eggs and potatoes appreciator

Imagine thinking law students named swirly were actually creative you kool-aid mirin motha ****a
Reply 9945
Original post by SA-1

Done.
My personal top 5 rappers

Em
Meth
Biggie
Big L
Nas

Shoutouts for Lupe and Pre-808s Kanye
RIP Tupac amiright?
I would like to take this opportunity to give my gratitude to all those who showed me love when I got my first suit. Today, the 31st of October 2016 @ 11:09 am, TK (known as trapking) received his second ever custom made suit. I tried it on and proceeded to my mirror were I immediately heard echos from my darkest dreams...."wow that's a sharp ****ing suit" the voices said....."wow you look like Joe Schofield mayne"....."baby **** me and touch me".....

At this point I realised I made it in life and I give my warm thanks to all the people who made it possible for me to look this damn good.Love you all very much.

-Tk

@zKlown @SA-1 @Dirtybit @swirly @difeo @bammy jastard 27 @The Wavefunction
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9951
Really lives up to his reputation doesn't he
Reply 9952
were
Reply 9953
Best one yet.
Reply 9954
Came across a very interesting theory by a chap called Victor Vroom. He suggests that power of motivation is the product of three things:-

Valance
Refers to the emotional orientation that people hold with regards to outcome. How much someone wants something, what are the reasons for it (money, progression, experience etc.)

Expectancy
What the individual's expectations are for themselves, how far they will go, what levels they can reach. Important question is whether they can actually achieve it (based on capabilities)

Instrumentality
The belief that once you hit your goal, you will receive the reward that you desire.

Do you agree?

Thoughts?

[Theory is called the expectancy theory of motivation (1964), if you'd like to read about it lel]
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
Came across a very interesting theory by a chap called Victor Vroom. He suggests that power of motivation is the product of three things:-

Valance
Refers to the emotional orientation that people hold with regards to outcome. How much someone wants something, what are the reasons for it (money, progression, experience etc.)

Expectancy
What the individual's expectations are for themselves, how far they will go, what levels they can reach. Important question is whether they can actually achieve it (based on capabilities)

Instrumentality
The belief that once you hit your goal, you will receive the reward that you desire.

Do you agree?

Thoughts?

[Theory is called the expectancy theory of motivation (1964), if you'd like to read about it lel]

Interestingly, I was studying this today in my Psychology of Effective Organisations module :smile:

There are quite an extensive number of motivational theories - my favourite is Equity Theory (Adams, 1969) which revolves around the idea that we compare our inputs and outcomes to others to gauge perceived fairness.

The interesting thing about motivation is that reality isn't always the important thing; it's the "perception" of reality from an individual's perspective that makes the difference.
Regardless of who's in the right or wrong, if an individual perceives inequity, their motivation will reduce.

This is obviously quite a simplistic breakdown, but motivation - especially in the workplace - is a really interesting study.
Reply 9956
Original post by Lúcio
Interestingly, I was studying this today in my Psychology of Effective Organisations module

There are quite an extensive number of motivational theories - my favourite is Equity Theory (Adams, 1969) which revolves around the idea that we compare our inputs and outcomes to others to gauge perceived fairness.

The interesting thing about motivation is that reality isn't always the important thing; it's the "perception" of reality from an individual's perspective that makes the difference.
Regardless of who's in the right or wrong, if an individual perceives inequity, their motivation will reduce.

This is obviously quite a simplistic breakdown, but motivation - especially in the workplace - is a really interesting study.

Oh yeah, forgot you were doing organisational psychology.

Lel, does the equity theory explain your rage quits on FIFA?

Also I think the perception of self in reality makes a massive difference. Known a lot of people with brain injury who are stuck in one place because they believe they are still capable of returning to the jobs that they had prior to their brain injury.

With Vroom, specifically for those with a brain injury, I guess I'm making the point that without aids to help them with their challenges (memory, executive functioning etc.), they probably wouldn't have the confidence and thus motivation to do anything.
Original post by SA-1

Valance

Expectancy

Instrumentality

Do you agree?

Thoughts?

Yeah, seems common sense; provide someone with a realistic goal, whether it be extrinsic or intrinsic, and is long as the reward is satisfying then they'll be motivated.
Apply this to a man with no motives.

Like The Joker...
Reply 9959
Original post by zKlown
Similar to me.

Also, what was the last song, verse or freestyle that Em banged on?

Probably forever? I couldn't go through mmlp2 and aint listened too much to post recovery eminem.

Eminem was better on drugs than off it too. needs to get back on the pills tbh.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest