The Student Room Group

Anyone doing German A Level?:)

Heyyyy, any German students out here know any good German programmes/soaps I can get hooked onto pls?

Anything similar to Eastenders would help lol:smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by mithili02
Heyyyy, any German students out here know any good German programmes/soaps I can get hooked onto pls?

Anything similar to Eastenders would help lol:smile:

Do I have this right that you want to watch German TV shows to improve your understanding in German? are you talking about sophisticated TV shows? if yes, I need a bit time to think about such TV shows carefully. Anyway I would recommend you to watch sophisticated TV shows to learn German at a good level.

The typical German TV shows which comes into my mind spontaneously are:

Unter uns
Gute Zeiten, schlechte Zeiten (GZSZ)

they are long runners in German TV, but not sophisticated in my view.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thankyou for the reply- I'll check them out:smile:
Original post by mithili02
Thankyou for the reply- I'll check them out:smile:

Another German TV shows which I introduce you are:

Sturm der Liebe ( quite young TV series, a tearjerker about love)
Lindenstraße (very old TV series, drama-like storyline.)
Marienhof (very old, is not aired in German TV since 2011)

All of them are daily soaps, so mind candy series. To learn German as a foreigner, they are good enough for getting start with German language.
Reply 5
I think Gute Zeiten Schlechte Zeiten and Alaram fuer Cobra 11 are good shows to watch. they are my favourites
Original post by sukki1228
I think Gute Zeiten Schlechte Zeiten and Alaram fuer Cobra 11 are good shows to watch. they are my favourites

Alarm für Cobra 11 is just a good show to see how cars are burning and exploding during a car chase. Nice effects, but the storyline for every single episode is average at the maximum, not sophisticated. It is quasi the light version of the fast and furious series
Türkisch für Anfänger is pretty good - they use more teenager-level language and it's all on youtube :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest