The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Started feeling really ill today. Quite shakey, feel sick, and have bad stomach cramps. Don't know if it's the med changes or what but I'm not feeling good at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Started feeling really ill today. Quite shakey, feel sick, and have bad stomach cramps. Don't know if it's the med changes or what but I'm not feeling good at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

It could be the citalopram increase. The symptoms you mention are pretty common with SSRIs both starting and increasing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As Saber said, most likely the medication increase. :hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth
It could be the citalopram increase. The symptoms you mention are pretty common with SSRIs both starting and increasing.

Original post by Airmed
As Saber said, most likely the medication increase. :hugs:

Thanks guys :hugs: Did try to have a read up on it earlier but my head's a bit of a mess so I couldn't concentrate on the tiny text on my phone :laugh: At least it should settle down then, that's good
Thanks guys :hugs: Did try to have a read up on it earlier but my head's a bit of a mess so I couldn't concentrate on the tiny text on my phone :laugh: At least it should settle down then, that's good

Just don't try and stress or strain yourself. Medication changes are funny things!
Original post by Airmed
Just don't try and stress or strain yourself. Medication changes are funny things!

Super long day at college tomorrow, so hopefully I can get through that. I managed the afternoon today just about, but we'll see :laugh: You're not wrong there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww sorry to hear that :console:
As others have said, the most likely cause is the increase in dosage for the medication. It should subside as your body adapts. If not then itd be another trip to the docs.
But I do Hope you feel better soon!
It must be awful to be experiencing that :hugs:

There's an app called Epocrates which is awesome for looking up drugs. It has stuff like side/adverse effects and a very handy interaction checker as well as loads of other useful stuff. :smile:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nauzene-Stomach-Relief-Chewable-Tablets/dp/B000GCI97I I don't know if Boots/Superdrug has these but they are really good for stomach upset (though they should be cheaper than Amazon!)
(edited 7 years ago)
There's an app called Epocrates which is awesome for looking up drugs. It has stuff like side/adverse effects and a very handy interaction checker as well as loads of other useful stuff. :smile:

That sounds brill! I was taking loads of painkillers for ages until the other week when a nurse at the hospital looked at me horrified and said I couldn't do that because I'm on citalopram. Sounds like I could definitely do with that :laugh: Thank you!
Original post by FireFreezer77
Aww sorry to hear that :console:
As others have said, the most likely cause is the increase in dosage for the medication. It should subside as your body adapts. If not then itd be another trip to the docs.
But I do Hope you feel better soon!
It must be awful to be experiencing that :hugs:

Hoping it doesn't mean that because this is the only prescription in years (and about 15-20 different medications) that I haven't had a nasty reaction to :laugh: Thanks :hugs:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nauzene-Stomach-Relief-Chewable-Tablets/dp/B000GCI97I I don't know if Boots/Superdrug has these but they are really good for stomach upset (though they should be cheaper than Amazon!)

Just saw the edit, I'll look them up! I've only had prescription strength ones before for other medications, so it'll be nice to get some OTC
I'm so angry with myself. I'm trying to do the practice questions for an exam on Thursday and I just can't put together in my head what to do. Voices are laughing so loud and I can't do this very basic maths. It's like "you need to give 3mg, you have 100mg/15ml, how many ml?". I can tell it's very simple but I keep mixing up numbers and have no idea what to do. I can't even do that example one I just gave. :banghead: I feel incredibly frustrated. I don't like asking my spouse for help because she gets angry (and rightly so) at the fact I can't do something a 10 year old can. :cry2:
Had the most horrendous day ever, I've had enough, I don't even care anymore. Feel so low, I just want things to be over
Original post by Anonymous
Had the most horrendous day ever, I've had enough, I don't even care anymore. Feel so low, I just want things to be over

Hey, I'm really sorry to hear you've had a really bad day :hugs: What things do you want to be over? :frown:
Reply 4054
I'm so angry with myself. I'm trying to do the practice questions for an exam on Thursday and I just can't put together in my head what to do. Voices are laughing so loud and I can't do this very basic maths. It's like "you need to give 3mg, you have 100mg/15ml, how many ml?". I can tell it's very simple but I keep mixing up numbers and have no idea what to do. I can't even do that example one I just gave. :banghead: I feel incredibly frustrated. I don't like asking my spouse for help because she gets angry (and rightly so) at the fact I can't do something a 10 year old can. :cry2:

Don't be angry with yourself. When it starts getting confusing take a 5 minute break and have some tea or hot chocolate or summin then actually write down everything step by step
example:
100mg in 15ml
3mg needed
100mg/3mg = 33.3 times smaller
15ml/33.3 times = 0.45 ml needed

or use
number of measures = amount prescribed / amount per measure

remember write the units too it helps if you're confused. it happens to me too dw
your s/o shouldn't get angry at you, you're obviously stressed out and frustrated - they're meant to be here to support you

check this out too
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/~ntzndeh/mathpack.pdf
it helps bc it gives nice formulae you could remember but dont do that if you think you'll start mixing them up haha - but they could be useful as a checking method :smile:
Said good by to my brother and sister in law agsin today :frown: there off traveling for another 12 months. Wish theyd just settle back here and not move again! :hmpf:

Spoilered for ranting/thinking outloud

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
UK SURVEY TO SEE IF THE MENTAL HEALTH ACT NEEDS CHANGING!

THIS IS FOR THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN DETAINED UNDER THE MENTAL HEALTH ACT.
PLEASE SHARE IT ON SOCIAL MEDIA, MAKE IT KNOWN! KETS GET OUR VOICE HEARD

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/mentalhealthactsurvey

*Mods could this be put in the OP or on the main page or even a new thread? Want people to see it*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have to have an appointment with the uni about calling an ambulance whilst at uni :frown:

I feel like the odds are stacked up against me to fight not going back into hospital.
Feel a bit deflated today.

My grandpa had surgery last week to remove that toenail and some surrounding tissue that docs believed was the cause of that serious abscess he had a few months back that caused him to be removed from the transplant list for a while. He went for a check up today and he thought it was all going good but the operation hasn't helped with the infection and now its back full force, meaning he will probably be put off the transplant list again. He's taken every antibiotic available for that type of infection and its either not helped or its came back a week or two after stopping treatment. He is diabetic so they have to be careful with his feet. They are trying another round of antibiotics but if it doesn't clear, there's talk about amputating his foot which would leave him in a wheelchair.

The poor guy needs a break when it comes to his health :cry2: I also barely slept last night from more trouble in my block of flats again so today is really **** :frown:
Original post by Deyesy
Hey, I'm really sorry to hear you've had a really bad day :hugs: What things do you want to be over? :frown:

Absolutely everything, I screwed up again so badly and nothing I say/no can't make it right. I'll just add it to the list of things I will have on my conscience to keep me awake at night. I have no energy, the last bit of confidence I had has gone, I had a mental breakdown at work yesterday. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Latest