The Student Room Group

Oxford A101(2017 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Lostperson
same. Are you writing a new one for Oxford? Also one of my references haven't even gotten back to me yet.

2 have sent it. Do you think 2 academic and one personal (manager at care home).
would be fine?

I am considering writing one with a few slight tweaks but not yet fully decided on that.

My references have all been sent altough I haven't submitted my application yet :/

2 academic and 1 personal is absolutely fine so dw about it. You ought to chase up on the final reference quite quickly because the deadline is only a few days away.
Original post by Tsar101
I am considering writing one with a few slight tweaks but not yet fully decided on that.

My references have all been sent altough I haven't submitted my application yet :/

2 academic and 1 personal is absolutely fine so dw about it. You ought to chase up on the final reference quite quickly because the deadline is only a few days away.

yeh my 3rd was academic from my undergrad, but he hasn't seemed to respond haha. my personal reference said he can send it asap. i will ring oxford tomo to see if a personal one is fine. were all of yours academic?
Reply 42
yeh my 3rd was academic from my undergrad, but he hasn't seemed to respond haha. my personal reference said he can send it asap. i will ring oxford tomo to see if a personal one is fine. were all of yours academic?

Yep, all of them were from lecturers.
Hi guys, have any of you received confirmation of receipt of attachments?
Reply 44
Original post by NewVivacity
Hi guys, have any of you received confirmation of receipt of attachments?

Yeah, I received 2 acknowledgements from Oxford(1 for UCAS and the other for the supplementary form with attachements). Funnily, the receipt for the supplementary form was in red :s-smilie:.
Original post by Tsar101
Yeah, I received 2 acknowledgements from Oxford(1 for UCAS and the other for the supplementary form with attachements). Funnily, the receipt for the supplementary form was in red :s-smilie:.

Ah yeah, I just got mine yesterday too! The red is rather scary haha! Fingers crossed for the BMAT now!
Hello everyone. I was considering applying to Oxford A101 until recently my lecturer has tried to dissuade me :frown: I am studying at a non-russell group institution and everyone from my course that has applied to Oxford before has never got an interview.
He believes they had a stronger profile than me and that Oxford may say they have a 'lower' criteria but that they internally set the bar really high.What are your thoughts on this, everyone?

Bump. Do you think this is the case? I've applied with a 1st in physics, but I am from a non-"russel group" university (I actually rejected those). I am debating whether or not to even sit the BMAT as it's going to set me back £150...
Original post by nuclearphysics16
Bump. Do you think this is the case? I've applied with a 1st in physics, but I am from a non-"russel group" university (I actually rejected those). I am debating whether or not to even sit the BMAT as it's going to set me back £150...

haven't you paid for the bmat?
can u still register?!!!
haven't you paid for the bmat?
can u still register?!!!

Of course ive paid, but i have to spend 90 quid for the train journey.
Of course ive paid, but i have to spend 90 quid for the train journey.

ah so..you may not go to the exam?
ah so..you may not go to the exam?

Why do you want to know?

I'm not sure at the moment. Considering over 2000 people apply to the the course I will probably be rejected anyway, even with a first. I've seen good universities in Europe which makes me think why bother with the UK?
Why do you want to know?

I'm not sure at the moment. Considering over 2000 people apply to the the course I will probably be rejected anyway, even with a first. I've seen good universities in Europe which makes me think why bother with the UK?

i was only asking cause i feel the same way...
I'm finding the bmat very hard! and regret applying to oxford...i wish i made good use of my ukcat score.
Why do you want to know?

Over 2000 people don't apply, that stat is a little large!
Over 2000 people don't apply, that stat is a little large!

How many do apply?

Just wondering what my chances actually are.
How many do apply?

think its a bout 400?
How many do apply?

Yep, it's what LostPerson said. It ranges from 260-390ish
Reply 56
How is everyone finding section 1 of the BMAT? My scores vary from 4s to 6s...................and it's tomorrow!

Good Luck everyone :smile:
Yep, it's what LostPerson said. It ranges from 260-390ish

How many get offers?

How much work exp or grades do they look for?
Original post by Tsar101
How is everyone finding section 1 of the BMAT? My scores vary from 4s to 6s...................and it's tomorrow!

Good Luck everyone :smile:

I'm finding section 2 tougher tbh! Good luck!
Reply 59
I'm finding section 2 tougher tbh! Good luck!

Good Luck to you too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending