The Student Room Group

KPMG audit programme 2017 discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Well that numerical test was awful😢
Original post by dom117117
Well that numerical test was awful😢

What kind of topics were on it? Also, roughly how many charcters did you se in your reference? Ive started the application but I see theres drop down choice between personal/professional/academic. I think I will just have one academic reference, do you think that will be accepable...
Reply 122
Original post by Jas1947
What kind of topics were on it? Also, roughly how many charcters did you se in your reference? Ive started the application but I see theres drop down choice between personal/professional/academic. I think I will just have one academic reference, do you think that will be accepable...
you need a personal and a proffessional referee for the application to go though. The numerical was a lot of advanced graph work, basic math but in complicated situations hard to prepare for really. Will offer more advice when I find out if I passed or not don't want to mislead you😄
you need a personal and a proffessional referee for the application to go though. The numerical was a lot of advanced graph work, basic math but in complicated situations hard to prepare for really. Will offer more advice when I find out if I passed or not don't want to mislead you😄

Who can i ask for a personal reference? Also, roughly how many characters was one of your references? Thank you for your help :smile:
Reply 124
Original post by Jas1947
Who can i ask for a personal reference? Also, roughly how many characters was one of your references? Thank you for your help :smile:
you could proberly get away with putting another teacher down but putting maybe a friend of your parents may be better. I put my local vicar as my one. I got the same academic reference as my UCAS and it was about a page long. Hope this helped😄
you could proberly get away with putting another teacher down but putting maybe a friend of your parents may be better. I put my local vicar as my one. I got the same academic reference as my UCAS and it was about a page long. Hope this helped😄

Yes you've helped alot, I feel okay about the verbal and numerical but im nervous for the sjt because you cant really revise what the "correct" answer would be...good luck with your application.
you have 7 days to do them all. Login and do them whenever😄

O.o

Wait! So we have 7 days to do all 3 tests!? I thought we had 1 week to do the sjt and 1 week to do the next two.

Sorry to question the point, but I have to get mine done by Wednesday if you're right >.<
Reply 127
Original post by ZRSFizzyBongs
O.o

Wait! So we have 7 days to do all 3 tests!? I thought we had 1 week to do the sjt and 1 week to do the next two.

Sorry to question the point, but I have to get mine done by Wednesday if you're right >.<
The email said do the tests within 7 days of getting this email, don't worry the tests are quite quick you can do both of them in under a hour😄
The email said do the tests within 7 days of getting this email, don't worry the tests are quite quick you can do both of them in under a hour😄

Thank for the reply! I was afraid I wouldn't get one haha. If anything I'm worried because I need to revise for them and take time off school

I received my first email saying I had 7 days to do the sjt and then I was sent another which seemed to be a generic one for both grads and school leavers

"

Thank you for completing your Situational Judgement Test.

The next stage will involve another online test, designed to show us your verbal reasoning ability a vital skill for a successful career at KPMG.

...blah blah...

The details:

The test will take 20 minutes to complete. Once you start the timed element of the test you won't be able to interrupt the session, save your answers or return later. So don't begin until you're sure you have enough time and won't be disturbed.

...blah blah...

Please complete the test within one week of receiving this email. Then once you've finished the test, we'll be back in touch with the outcome. Please bear in mind that our graduate positions are allocated on a first come, first served basis.

"

Any thoughts?
Reply 129
Thank for the reply! I was afraid I wouldn't get one haha. If anything I'm worried because I need to revise for them and take time off school

I received my first email saying I had 7 days to do the sjt and then I was sent another which seemed to be a generic one for both grads and school leavers

"

Thank you for completing your Situational Judgement Test.

The next stage will involve another online test, designed to show us your verbal reasoning ability a vital skill for a successful career at KPMG.

...blah blah...

The details:

The test will take 20 minutes to complete. Once you start the timed element of the test you won't be able to interrupt the session, save your answers or return later. So don't begin until you're sure you have enough time and won't be disturbed.

...blah blah...

Please complete the test within one week of receiving this email. Then once you've finished the test, we'll be back in touch with the outcome. Please bear in mind that our graduate positions are allocated on a first come, first served basis.

"

Any thoughts?

So you have 7 days to complete your aptitude tests by that last email you got😄 My advice on the tests is practise reading very fast as time will just go 💨Also I'm up for a while if you have anymore Qs it's good to discuss
(edited 7 years ago)
So you have 7 days to complete your aptitude tests by that last email you got😄 My advice on the tests is practise reading very fast as time will just go 💨Also I'm up for a while if you have anymore Qs it's good to discuss

Its just I understand the email to be saying that I have 7 additional days to do my next two tests from the moment I received the email. I got it today after I sat the sjt. I'm sorry if this seems like I'm just repeating myself rather than explaining my confusion further.
Yeah I agree with your advice - even for the sjt I felt that after some practice the thing which really helped was being able to read the questions quickly and still pick everything up!
Alas, I'm afraid I'll be going to sleep soon. I probably have enough time for one more reply but we can certainly speak again tomorrow!
Reply 131
Its just I understand the email to be saying that I have 7 additional days to do my next two tests from the moment I received the email. I got it today after I sat the sjt. I'm sorry if this seems like I'm just repeating myself rather than explaining my confusion further.
Yeah I agree with your advice - even for the sjt I felt that after some practice the thing which really helped was being able to read the questions quickly and still pick everything up!
Alas, I'm afraid I'll be going to sleep soon. I probably have enough time for one more reply but we can certainly speak again tomorrow!
yeah from what I understand you have till next Monday to complete the tests. As I did just wait till the weekend and do them whenever. Anyway what office you are applying to? I've applied for London
yeah from what I understand you have till next Monday to complete the tests. As I did just wait till the weekend and do them whenever. Anyway what office you are applying to? I've applied for London

I'll have to organise renting my own place because nowhere is near my parents so I chose the easiest option which was Nottingham. I'm hoping I won't be too late with my application is all! I'm going to get some zzzzzs in now - I look forward to discussing this further tomorrow - and thank you very much for your help!
Reply 133
I'll have to organise renting my own place because nowhere is near my parents so I chose the easiest option which was Nottingham. I'm hoping I won't be too late with my application is all! I'm going to get some zzzzzs in now - I look forward to discussing this further tomorrow - and thank you very much for your help!
Your welcome😄 You've got plenty of time don't worry👌
Just finished the SJT, not really sure how I done. Should I do the VR test straight after, or try to practice some VR questions first? Never done them before so not sure whether to just go in blind like I did for the SJT.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 135
Original post by DarkEnergy
Just finished the SJT, not really sure how I done. Should I do the VR test straight after, or try to practice some VR questions first? Never done them before so not sure whether to just go in blind like I did for the SJT.
I'd do a few practise tests before to get a feel of the test, I went in blind and tbh it was harder than I thought😅
I'd do a few practise tests before to get a feel of the test, I went in blind and tbh it was harder than I thought😅

Ah alright, cheers.
I'm back! How many questions did you manage to get through on your VR?
Reply 138
I'm back! How many questions did you manage to get through on your VR?
Hey mate, did all the Qs for the VR was just answering fast in the zone😄
Holy shite. Am I right in thinking its 40qs in 20min?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending