The Student Room Group

Interview in a Café?

I have been selected to attend an interview in a few days, but its in a café which I did not expect. ive never been on a job interview before so of course im nervous and being in a cafe makes it strange to me. what should I expect and how do i know who is who? please give me some advice!!
Reply 1
Original post by TheYearNiner
I have been selected to attend an interview in a few days, but its in a café which I did not expect. ive never been on a job interview before so of course im nervous and being in a cafe makes it strange to me. what should I expect and how do i know who is who? please give me some advice!!

Having an interview in a cafe is fairly common for shops that don't have much space off the shop floor, or if the space they do have is unsafe for random people to enter (either due to dangers of machinery, or cash security as you'll see the location of the safe etc). So in itself, the interview being in a cafe is nothing to worry about.
Original post by Juno
Having an interview in a cafe is fairly common for shops that don't have much space off the shop floor, or if the space they do have is unsafe for random people to enter (either due to dangers of machinery, or cash security as you'll see the location of the safe etc). So in itself, the interview being in a cafe is nothing to worry about.

I've been in this situation before and was really anxious for a few days before hand.Turned out they just wanted to ask for which hours i could do, when i could start etc and in the end didnt accept me cuz i had no experience. A bit pointless really- they should have read my CV.

I dont know how it'll go for you but i'd just say look confident and speak up (unlike what i did :/). I'm guessing if its a local cafe it most likely wont be a proper interview.
Original post by bytheseasons
I've been in this situation before and was really anxious for a few days before hand.Turned out they just wanted to ask for which hours i could do, when i could start etc and in the end didnt accept me cuz i had no experience. A bit pointless really- they should have read my CV.

I dont know how it'll go for you but i'd just say look confident and speak up (unlike what i did :/). I'm guessing if its a local cafe it most likely wont be a proper interview.

Original post by Juno

Yes it went fine, thanks guys!

Did you decide he was legitimate?

great to hear it! do you know when they'll give you a call to confirm everything?
Original post by 999tigger
Did you decide he was legitimate?

I trust them, so it's all fine.

Original post by bytheseasons
great to hear it! do you know when they'll give you a call to confirm everything?

They did on sunday :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending