The Student Room Group

Did I do something wrong to make him lose interest?

I met this guy at uni about a month ago at a flat party, our flat became good friends with there's and we've been on a few nights out together. About 3 weeks ago he made a move on a night out, he didn't try to kiss me but we danced together and he held my waist when we walked back to accommodation. He didn't text me till a week later and asked me on a night out, naturally I said yes because I really like(d) him. We had a really good night and he invited me back to his flat, he still didn't try to kiss me but there was a lot of touching going on. I was slightly awkward as I had never been in such an intimate situation with someone but he told me that he was a virgin too.
In the morning he told me that he didn't want me to leave.

However he didn't text me for 2 days after the night and i decided to message him but he replied saying that things wouldn't work between us. I'm really confused as to why he feels this way as he gave me the impression that he liked me. If i'm honest i think it's because he can do a lot better, i'm really not attractive and probably looked awful in the morning.

I don't want to ask him why, I messaged him back saying that I understood and left it at that.
Reply 1
Bumo
None of us can really know what is going on in his mind, however by the sounds of it you just shouldn't deal with those sorts of people that are a bit all over the place and not sure wtf they want. It just isn't worth your time tbh.
Run, you deserve better.
Reply 4
Original post by elizah
Run, you deserve better.

Thank you, i do still think he's super nice though so it's difficult
Reply 5
Original post by TorpidPhil
None of us can really know what is going on in his mind, however by the sounds of it you just shouldn't deal with those sorts of people that are a bit all over the place and not sure wtf they want. It just isn't worth your time tbh.

Thank you x
Reply 6
He probably just wanted some fun with you and thought he didnt want anything serious. Just move on you dont need f*** boys.
Reply 7
Original post by chikane
He probably just wanted some fun with you and thought he didnt want anything serious. Just move on you dont need f*** boys.

Thought it might be that 😁 Thanks x
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you x

I don't think he is a ****-boy or he would have kissed you and gone further and he also wouldn't a virgin or allow it to remain so awkward.

Still though you just cannot waste your own time with those folks. You need to find someone that will commit to you and is consciously ready to do that. Otherwise whatever happens won't last and you'll just hurt yourself thinking you did something wrong which is why it isn't going anywhere.

In reality they just aren't suited for a relationship, often they won't realise it themselves though and that's why these silly scenarios occur.

Dating is hard work. Good luck with it and stay optimistic. If you keep searching eventually you will find someone :biggrin:
Reply 9
He's probably nervous too if he's said he's a virgin. Don't worry I don't think you've done anything at all - it might just be a combination of you both being a bit shy
Original post by TorpidPhil
I don't think he is a ****-boy or he would have kissed you and gone further and he also wouldn't a virgin or allow it to remain so awkward.

Still though you just cannot waste your own time with those folks. You need to find someone that will commit to you and is consciously ready to do that. Otherwise whatever happens won't last and you'll just hurt yourself thinking you did something wrong which is why it isn't going anywhere.

In reality they just aren't suited for a relationship, often they won't realise it themselves though and that's why these silly scenarios occur.

Dating is hard work. Good luck with it and stay optimistic. If you keep searching eventually you will find someone :biggrin:

My flatmate said it might have been the fact that he wasn't ready, i can't help but feel I was way too shy as well though. But thank you for your input and advice x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending