The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HAnwar
Ik pray for me XD
That's good, how is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

will do insh'Allah <3

heh, yeah its okay, im slowly getting used to it but i prefer the language side of english way better :smile:
Original post by mariam687
will do insh'Allah <3

heh, yeah its okay, im slowly getting used to it but i prefer the language side of english way better :smile:

Thanks x

Oh nice. I hated them both equally lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Thanks x

Oh nice. I hated them both equally lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

np x

ahahah, everyones different ahaha, wht do u study?
np x

ahahah, everyones different ahaha, wht do u study?

Biochem :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
its like a story about someones experience, see i have to analyse a womans experience in Paris :smile:

ohh right, damn

Oh okay. So how she felt and stuff. Cool.
Yep..
How have you been? Is everything okay?
Sorry for the late reply Mariam, was praying isha.

oo nice :smile:

Original post by ak143244
Oh okay. So how she felt and stuff. Cool.
Yep..
How have you been? Is everything okay?
Sorry for the late reply Mariam, was praying isha.

Yeah :smile:

Ive been okay, same old ahaha hby?
naaa dw prayer is more important :smile:
oo nice :smile:

Yeah :smile:

Ive been okay, same old ahaha hby?
naaa dw prayer is more important :smile:

Good to hear :smile:
Yeah I'm okay. My headache has gone now with the help of @h333 :smile:
Hmm.. Just PM me if you need anything okay. I mean anything.
Good to hear :smile:
Yeah I'm okay. My headache has gone now with the help of @h333 :smile:
Hmm.. Just PM me if you need anything okay. I mean anything.

oh yessss glad its gone :smile:

dw i will do insh'Allah :smile:
Original post by tayyeb98
This reminded me of something I was thinking about- how does one actually fear Allah swt and His punishment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for the late reply bro. I missed the quote by accident.

I suppose one way you could fear Allah and His punishment would be by reading the description of hellfire given in the Qur'an. Also reading about previous nations and their end. Reminding yourself who Allah is and why He created you.

Sorry for the lame answer. Someone else will be able to give you a better answer, insha'Allah.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
It is someone getting bullied :/ and others have made this person feel very depressed and sad. They have lost hope and it yis haunting them. But I am trying my best to make them happy and remind that those people are not worth the stress. Insha'Allah they will be fine :o:

Sorry for the late reply, my phone often doesn't show notifications. I really hate bullies and I applaud you for giving this person some comfort. Those making this person feel sad/depressed are not that far from bullies themselves. Ameen!
Oh that's good :smile:
Oh yeah, you told me about that lecture, right? I should've known. Silly me. Sorry :frown:

I don't think I've spoken to you before? Or I have weak memory and have forgotten :redface:. No need to apologize.
Original post by childofthesun
I saw the celebration pics and videos on social media! Made me miss Lebanon so much :cry:

My thoughts on Hezbollah are very complicated but I'll try to keep this short 😬I'm from South Lebanon(Qana to be precise), and I supported their resistance against Israeli occupation of the South and their efforts in the 2006 war. Essentially in my eyes they were 'freedom fighters' who liberated jnoub and became a powerful political force representing people who had been marginalised for too long. However I've become quite disillusioned with them and oppose several of their actions/choices. Despite this I still do not back calls for them to completely disarm though!

Ahh you're a jnoubi :biggrin: I used to go to a Catholic school a long time ago and I remember when we went on a trip to the Grotto in Qana. We saw the cave where Jesus and his apostles stayed and visited the Church. It was really beautiful there, and I remember crying when I heard about the 2006 Qana massacre :frown:

Yeah before everyone supported their resistance, but then they started getting involved with politics and Syria which makes me dislike them. I don't think they truly care about the Lebanese and they don't do what's in Lebanon's best interest. They're too busy serving Assad and Iran! But since they enjoy support from the majority I guess they're not going anywhere soon lol
Original post by Enginerd.
I don't think I've spoken to you before? Or I have weak memory and have forgotten :redface:. No need to apologize.

Oh :colondollar: Sorry
Oh okay.. I always apologise (Is it a s or a z?) it's part of me lol
I hate the fact I'm not closer with Allah.
I hate the fact that I don't feel like I'm emulating the Prophet (pbuh)
I hate the fact I'm not as close with the Quran as I used to be

I feel like life is just boring and honestly worthless. Is there anyway to get over this? I know this life is a test and the real life is the akhirah, but...
Original post by HAnwar
I hate that change :frown:

Which change? to 9am starts? I seriously don't mind, it just gives me the rest of the day to do whatever. :h:
Oh :colondollar: Sorry
Oh okay.. I always apologise (Is it a s or a z?) it's part of me lol

It's apologise*, Americans type it as apologize.
Original post by ash92:)
Wa 'alaykumassalaam wa rahmatullah.
This:

Also:

To understand the language, even if only partially, is of great benefit as it is so rich compared to the English translation.

Reflection is key. To read an ayah, or part of a surah, or the surah as a whole, whilst thinking of how it applies to you personally, thinking of the many ways in which it relates to you, thinking about how it was revealed and under what historical context in order to get some idea of how significant it was, etc.
If it helps, start off by reflecting on ayaat that inspire humbleness, ayaat that inspire you to reflect on the creation, ayaat that inspire taqwa, ayaat that inspire awe of the Majesty of Allah 'azza wa jall.

Also, learn about the attributes of Allah ta'ala and build on your relationship with Him. Increasing your love for Him will have a like effect on your love for His word and you will be able to reflect more profoundly.

Recite the Qur'an often, even if the same Surah. Recite a Surah that you love in salaah, whilst being in a state of humble submission - physically, emotionally, mentally - before the Creator.

Also, I recommend that you read a short book called Way to the Quran

JazakAllah Khair for your advice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IdeasForLife
Sorry for the late reply bro. I missed the quote by accident.

I suppose one way you could fear Allah and His punishment would be by reading the description of hellfire given in the Qur'an. Also reading about previous nations and their end. Reminding yourself who Allah is and why He created you.

Sorry for the lame answer. Someone else will be able to give you a better answer, insha'Allah.

Not at all, thanks a lot. I feel the Quran is the real thing I'm missing out on right now...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by User1212
Why doesn't he help? ( i am being serious)

SubhanAllah, this comes to mind:

Spoiler

As Tayeeb98 said, this life is a test for all Muslims, we are all faced with different trails and tribulations. The fact that you've asked this question is the sort of reaction expected, as Muslims we should have hope and be optimistic about any situation. When we hear such news we as Muslims should make dua and never neglect them. Do not forget everything happens by the decree of Allah and He is the best of all planners.

And Allahu Alam

salams every1

Walaykum asalaam

Original post by tayyeb98
This reminded me of something I was thinking about- how does one actually fear Allah swt and His punishment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

One must increase their taqwa and closeness to Allah. This will take time.
Reading the Quran and understanding it's meaning.
Even watching Youtube videos help immensely or attending any events.
Original post by Kyou
I hate the fact I'm not closer with Allah.
I hate the fact that I don't feel like I'm emulating the Prophet (pbuh)
I hate the fact I'm not as close with the Quran as I used to be

I feel like life is just boring and honestly worthless. Is there anyway to get over this? I know this life is a test and the real life is the akhirah, but...

In all honestly, the main thing that helped me was YouTube- there are so many great channels dedicated to uploading Islamic videos and lectures with a variety of excellent speakers such as Nouman Ali Khan and Mufti Menk etc. My advice to you is just to type in whatever your thinking on YouTube with regards to what your problem might be and Allah will provide for you in sha Allah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending