The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PariahEmir
Nobody could have done a good job with that squad. Ferguson left it a decaying mess.
Not that I think Moyes is as good as was claimed though.

True no one would stand a chance with a squad that had just walked to the title + 150m to improve it
Reply 1181
Original post by difeo
True no one would stand a chance with a squad that had just walked to the title + 150m to improve it

Tell that to mourinho then?
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Tell that to mourinho then?

I will if someone acts like he didn't actually do that badly last season..
Reply 1183
Original post by difeo
I will if someone acts like he didn't actually do that badly last season..

People think he shouldn't have been sacked (lol good riddance) so clearly they didnt think he did that badly with the squad.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PariahEmir
Nobody could have done a good job with that squad. Ferguson left it a decaying mess.
Not that I think Moyes is as good as was claimed though.

Fed up of hearing this. Yes there were a few old players that needed replacing but it had just won the league by 11 points.

A competent manager would have finished in the top 3.
People think he shouldn't have been sacked (lol good riddance) so clearly they didnt think he did that badly with the squad.

Big difference between doing badly and doing badly enough to outweigh 3 titles in his other 5 seasons
Reply 1186
Original post by difeo
Big difference between doing badly and doing badly enough to outweigh 3 titles in his other 5 seasons

I think there is no difference if you are dragging a team that won the title to a relegation battle in 5 months.

Not even moyes with a worse squad could manage that
I think there is no difference if you are dragging a team that won the title to a relegation battle in 5 months.

Not even moyes with a worse squad could manage that

4 **** months, but 4 **** months out of nearly 6 years, or about 5% of his Chelsea career. Whereas Moyes pretty much had a **** 100% of his United career, that's the difference

I do think Mourinho should've been sacked, but because he lost the dressing room rather than purely due to results.
(edited 7 years ago)
I see some goalscoring in this starting XI.
Reply 1189
Original post by difeo
4 **** months, but 4 **** months out of nearly 6 years, or about 5% of his Chelsea career. Whereas Moyes pretty much had a **** 100% of his United career, that's the difference

I do think Mourinho should've been sacked, but because he lost the dressing room rather than purely due to results.

Lol we were 1 point above relegation at xmas and you're saying we shouldn't have sacked him purely due to results ffs I'm done with you today.

If he lost dressing room but we were top 4 we would have given him till end of season to find his 'dream job' like at real.
(edited 7 years ago)
Lol we were 1 point above relegation at xmas and you're saying we shouldn't have sacked him due to results ffs I'm done with you today.

If he lost dressing room but we were top 4 we would have given him till end of season like at real.

Yeah and 10 points off Europe, the season wasn't even a write off if he still had the team behind him

You're trying to make out the Moyes and Mourinho situations were the same because you're still salty about it, but there's pretty blatant differences
Reply 1191
Original post by difeo
Yeah and 10 points off Europe, the season wasn't even a write off if he still had the team behind him

You're trying to make out the Moyes and Mourinho situations were the same because you're still salty about it, but there's pretty blatant differences

Maybe.

Yeah you are right there are blatant differences, mourinho did worse with a better squad in the 15/16 season than moyes did with an average United squad.

Also how do you know mou lost the dressing room?
(edited 7 years ago)
How you gonna let a 50 year old right back score against you
Oops :tongue:
Now the scruff of the neck be taken on. 4th 4ever :biggrin:
Reply 1194
Too funny
This thread is so dead :lol:
Original post by Dodgypirate
This thread is so dead :lol:

Wouldn't you be quiet if you were losing to Ludogorets? :biggrin:
Original post by Lúcio
Wouldn't you be quiet if you were losing to Ludogorets? :biggrin: