The Student Room Group

I've hit peak desperation levels!

I just made a fb so I can use tinder. It's so sad I know, I know. I'm feeling really lonely just need some interaction I guess. I moved to a different city and have one friend I've known for years who is very unreliable. My old friends are in relationships or are really busy and don't bother with me anymore! I have no money so I can't even go out. Feel really down
everything will be okay
Original post by Anonymous
I just made a fb so I can use tinder. It's so sad I know, I know. I'm feeling really lonely just need some interaction I guess. I moved to a different city and have one friend I've known for years who is very unreliable. My old friends are in relationships or are really busy and don't bother with me anymore! I have no money so I can't even go out. Feel really down

Don't worry everything will be fine, u could try spending time with ur family for now. Are u in a new school now as well cause u said u moved cities so it can be a bit difficult as first, but gradually everything will get fine and u will meet new friends. 😊
LOL it gets worse mate. try to turn your loneliness into solitude and try to become a boss (attractive,employable, smart etc)

Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
LOL it gets worse mate. try to turn your loneliness into solitude and try to become a boss (attractive,employable, smart etc)

Excellent advice. Try to turn this into a positive experience. It's a chance for you to:
1) Learn how to handle loneliness and solitude - very helpful ability. Find ways to manage loneliness and accept it - embrace it. It's an excellent skill to have - you can develop your calmer inner self by finding time for yourself and, perhaps, expending some energy into spirituality.

2) Learn ways on how to tackle it - so finding ways to not be as lonely. This is actually solving the problem. There are many, many ways to solve this. One of the worst ways, imo, is to become a social media freak. What you want to do, is find time to spare with people who actually need your time. For example, there are charities like community network or friends of the elderly etc who ask for an hour of your time to share with elderly people over the phone. Don't stop there. Take things further. Actually go and spend a couple of hours at a carehome or something. Why not start a social movement? That way you can find lots of new people. Why not make new friends and acquaintances, talk to more people in class, talk to your family more through the phone (that always cheers me up when I talk to my cousin who I don't see often these days), join new clubs or make your own club!

And I'm not saying social media is a bad thing - but imo, it should not be your number one course of action. It can definitely help though if you keep it alongside your other stuff.

Damn, with all of these stuff to be doing, don't lose track of your work now...!

This is a chance for to develop yourself, though, this should not be an ulterior motive - just a fun, new and ambitious experience.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kiritsugu
Excellent advice. Try to turn this into a positive experience. It's a chance for you to:
1) Learn how to handle loneliness and solitude - very helpful ability. Find ways to manage loneliness and accept it - embrace it. It's an excellent skill to have - you can develop your calmer inner self by finding time for yourself and, perhaps, expending some energy into spirituality.

2) Learn ways on how to tackle it - so finding ways to not be as lonely. This is actually solving the problem. There are many, many ways to solve this. One of the worst ways, imo, is to become a social media freak. What you want to do, is find time to spare with people who actually need your time. For example, there are charities like community network or friends of the elderly etc who ask for an hour of your time to share with elderly people over the phone. Don't stop there. Take things further. Actually go and spend a couple of hours at a carehome or something. Why not start a social movement? That way you can find lots of new people. Why not make new friends and acquaintances, talk to more people in class, talk to your family more through the phone (that always cheers me up when I talk to my cousin who I don't see often these days), join new clubs or make your own club!

And I'm not saying social media is a bad thing - but imo, it should not be your number one course of action. It can definitely help though if you keep it alongside your other stuff.

Damn, with all of these stuff to be doing, don't lose track of your work now...!

This is a chance for to develop yourself, though, this should not be an ulterior motive - just a fun, new and ambitious experience.

That's some really good advice 😊

I don't think tinder is worth it tbh, its full of a mix of shallow and vain people. You should go out more, find friends and have fun. You should be happy by yourself.
Pm me if u wanna talk
Original post by GodofTheNewWorld
I don't think tinder is worth it tbh, its full of a mix of shallow and vain people. You should go out more, find friends and have fun. You should be happy by yourself.
Pm me if u wanna talk

Awesome profile picture.
Original post by Kiritsugu
Awesome profile picture.

Thanks, this is not not light btw:rofl:
Reply 9
Thanks for all your advice! I appreciate it and I'll try to join societies, get more involved and what not! Feel a lot better now! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending