The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PrinceOfTeddies
does everyone get this? and what are the tests about.. is it just numerical?

Not too sure who gets it. I'd assume everyone. It's just a numerical, yes
Reply 5001
Original post by Guenther
Does anyone know if/how many ACs PJT already had or if they have given out offers already?

Hey what position did you apply for, did you have an AC and have you heard back from them?

I had mine last week
Original post by pipp10
Many thanks for this - I totally agree with the process though I would still do a SWOT initially.

For what concerns the investment itself, would you ultimately analyze NPV, Payback period and IRR of undertaking the investment or this is something not required during AC? (Specifically PE AC).

Thanks

If it is for PE, then focus on IRR, that is the most important thing PE funds care about when investing, they even do valuation based on target IRR and do reverse engineering to get price to pay in order to achieve their target IRR. Also pay attention to quality of management team and alignment of interests between management and PE fund.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by borj93
Hey what position did you apply for, did you have an AC and have you heard back from them?

I had mine last week

For summer analyst, had three telephone interviews with them but havent heard anything since last monday.

I fear they already filled their places...
Reply 5004
Anyone received a face to face with Barclays after their telephone? Didn't know they were conducting face to face before ACs? This is for Risk Grad.
Reply 5005
Anyone received a face to face with Barclays after their telephone? Didn't know they were conducting face to face before ACs? This is for Risk Grad.

Update: This is the Business Interview and it says this is the final stage of the process. Is Barclays not conducting ACs this year? Any info on this would be great.
Reply 5006
Anyone done the Barclays online interview? Would be interested to know what style of questions they ask - competency, strengths etc..
Reply 5007
Original post by dente
Anyone have tips on MS IBD SA First Round? Can share info from most other BB's for SA IBD (PM me)

Bumping this, anyone have insight on MS SA IBD first round? Have info for CS, Citi, Nomura, HSBC, Barclays, JPM
Would be great if someone could summarise what the Barclays online interview has in it - apologies if this has been asked before.
(Summer intern Markets)
Reply 5009
Original post by gsbs2
has anyone been invited to a MS IBD AC in the last week or so?

Interested in this too. Been waiting for 2 weeks today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got invited to the next stage after video interview for standard charted. Anyone know what that is? Nothing really on google. AC?
Reply 5011
Did anyone else struggle to compress their cvs to the right size for schroders?? Would appreciate any help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do people send a follow up email after a phone interview, or is it weird?
Reply 5013
Original post by 786:)
Macquarie superday invite - any advice??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, how long did they take to come back to you after the telephone interview?
Original post by 786:)
Did anyone else struggle to compress their cvs to the right size for schroders?? Would appreciate any help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Had this same problem last year, bloody pain. Changing to pdf reduces the size.
Original post by gsbs2
always a thank you email and if they would be happy to provide any feedback

I thought it was an american practice? I have never heard of it being recommended in the uk.

It would come across as you trying to influence the interviewers decision beyond impartiality.
Ms s&t AC X)
Original post by gsbs2
Congrats!

cheers bro!
Does JPM pre screen before test invite ?
Reply 5019
Original post by JogaBonito787
Does JPM pre screen before test invite ?

For AM? Think so, as I haven't go one but I know that others have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending