The Student Room Group

St George's, University of London - Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 11...
the average this year was actually 631. So I guess 645 is the cut off. anyone else has suggestions. I think in about ten days the cut off will be published for st george;s

Why do you think it will be in 10 days?
Original post by 11...
what are your stats as in GCSEs, AS, predictions and UKCAT, band

How is that of any relevance to the cut off score?
Reply 42
Original post by FKAsamuel
How is that of any relevance to the cut off score?

oh sorry. I just wanted to know what you got to see the rough average of qualifications people who applied to St George's got?????
Anyways, what was your ukcat score??? do you think you will be above the cut off? :smile:

you don't have to say if you don't want to?? It is just a common questions to ask peoples' stats on these threads. I am not the only one lol.
Original post by 11...
oh sorry. I just wanted to know what you got to see the rough average of qualifications people who applied to St George's got?????
Anyways, what was your ukcat score??? do you think you will be above the cut off? :smile:

you don't have to say if you don't want to?? It is just a common questions to ask peoples' stats on these threads. I am not the only one lol.

It's okay I didn't mean to sound rude, sorry!! I got 690 average in my UKCAT and Band 2 SJT (which is unfortunate but not too bad) so I think I should definitely be above the cut off. What about you? Also targeted A*A*A and achieved AAAB at AS level with 2A*'s and 7A's at GCSE. :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by Not_a_horse
Why do you think it will be in 10 days?

On the ukcat website, it says ukcat sends our scores to the unis the first week of november. so even if you think it is 7th Nov, by the time unis judge you, it would be a few days later. :smile:
Reply 45
did anyone put biomed as a backup at St george's??
Original post by 11...

I did with the plan of doing graduate medicine and tailoring the biomed course to that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya everyone!!

I have applied with 45 points predicted in the IB (the maximum)

670 UKCAT average

How does that look? I mean.........this stuff is scary af

Lots of love (plz reply thankz kisses)
Reply 48
so worried about cut off scores. I got 645 which is pretty average. gutted :frown:
Well when you look at the cut off scores of the past they keep increasing, yet this year we only did 3 sections that are scored compared to the usual 4 so does that mean it could increase?? Honestly no way of guessing. The average this year was 640ish so it will definitely be higher than this. My guess is 660, possibly higher or lower. Anyone have an idea what time they usually come out???

Oh i thought when i checked that the average this year was 631
Original post by 11...

me!
Reply 51
Would a UKCAT of 2000 (667 avrg) be enough?
Original post by 11...
On the ukcat website, it says ukcat sends our scores to the unis the first week of november. so even if you think it is 7th Nov, by the time unis judge you, it would be a few days later. :smile:

I messaged St Georges today and they send they will only receive the UKCAT results mid november to early december.
Original post by karishma behera

It was 631 sorry I was going off my memory! :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by Jammie123
I messaged St Georges today and they send they will only receive the UKCAT results mid november to early december.

seriously. st george's don't get our ukcat scores till mid nov-early dec. that's bizarre. I swear they will get it within less than a week.They will give out interviews from dec-apr. From the website, what I understand is if we meet the min requirements then we will get an interview. what do u reckon the cut off will be?
Reply 55
Original post by karishma behera

exactly, I guess the cut off will be like 635-640
Original post by 11...
exactly, I guess the cut off will be like 635-640

I really don't expect the cut off to be 4 points from the average
Reply 57
I really don't expect the cut off to be 4 points from the average

so what do you reckon it will be? wait did you already answer this question. you said it was 660 right???? lol it won't be. right at least 650
Original post by 11...
so what do you reckon it will be? wait did you already answer this question. you said it was 660 right???? lol it won't be. right at least 650

I don't know I just wouldn't expect it to be so close! We will see shortly! Fingers crossed we are all safely above the cut off :smile:
Original post by 11...
seriously. st george's don't get our ukcat scores till mid nov-early dec. that's bizarre. I swear they will get it within less than a week.They will give out interviews from dec-apr. From the website, what I understand is if we meet the min requirements then we will get an interview. what do u reckon the cut off will be?

Kings said a similar thing when I asked them. Don't have a clue about the cut off, sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending