The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Is there any chance of me getting an offer from lse with these AS grades.

Hi, so I'm in the process of applying to unis and really want to go to lse to study politics and philosophy. My AS grades were extremely disappointing and if I'm honest rather surprising too. I am planning on retaking philosophy and unit 1 geography though.

Geography-B
Eng Lit- C
Philosophy- C
Govt and Politics- B
http://university.which.co.uk/london-school-of-economics-and-political-science-university-of-london-l72/politics-and-philosophy-3-years-8500-lv25

Offer rate is 20%, which means it's fairly tough to get into. One of my concerns would be: if you got BBC at AS, can you be expected to get AAA at A2? The people you're up against are likely to have very strong grades, ECs etc. You could put the LSE as your aspirational uni, and you could get in, but the odds are stacked against you.

Original post by willa27
B
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
It depends on what course, what your predicted grades are (in relation to the required for the course) and how strong your references and personal statement are.
Reply 3
Original post by smegsxo
It depends on what course, what your predicted grades are (in relation to the required for the course) and how strong your references and personal statement are.

My predicted grades aren't even high enough (AAB and I need AAA). I realise that I am certainly not in the best position but it's something I want to do so badly.
Reply 4
Original post by willa27
My predicted grades aren't even high enough (AAB and I need AAA). I realise that I am certainly not in the best position but it's something I want to do so badly.

Without the predicted grades it's highly unlikely they'll consider you as they're so strict on the grades. (The first stage is just them checking grades before anything else) Is there a way you could persuade them to predict another A?
You could still apply if you really want it, but it's incredibly unlikely without the predicted grades.

Quick Reply

Latest