The Student Room Group

What type of family do you have?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Nuclear at the moment :frown:

shouldn't you be happy about that
I grew up with my grandparents mainly but my mum was still on the scene but my dad never was so it was like a mix of extended, nuclear and single parent family. I have no siblings. I don't feel like I've missed out on anything by not having my dad on the scene because I've got a brilliant grandpa that I class as my dad and my gran is brilliant and after a rocky relationship for most of my life, me and my mum are perfect now and just like how a mother and daughter should be :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ishax
I guess yours is nuclear because you live with your parents even though one of them is step and step siblings.

I think extended is when you live with grandparents etc? Not too sure now lol

nah extended is cousins
Nuclear. <3
My family is the crazy type.
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
My family is the crazy type.

Do your siblings squeeze toothpaste in your shaving cream too? :frown:
just me and my parents so nuclear i suppose
Original post by 0to100
Do your siblings squeeze toothpaste in your shaving cream too? :frown:

Thankfully no. But had I owned shaving cream, they would probably feed me cakes iced with it. :colonhash:
Reply 28
Original post by 0to100
nah extended is cousins

Oh :frown: never mind then looool
Thankfully no. But had I owned shaving cream, they would probably feed me cakes iced with it. :colonhash:

lmao that's deadly XD are they siblings or demons? How many do you have?
Original post by Ishax
Oh :frown: never mind then looool

I know for sure it' cousins but it can also be elders like anyone besides your parents and siblings methinks
Reply 31
Original post by 0to100
I know for sure it' cousins but it can also be elders like anyone besides your parents and siblings methinks

I thought it was grandparents because usually in Indian culture the parents live with their sons family (sexist I know) lol!
Original post by 0to100
lmao that's deadly XD are they siblings or demons? How many do you have?

I have 3 demons, all younger than me. :redface: Yourself?
Reply 33
Nuclear
Reply 34
I have no connection to my biological family. My father cheated on my mom while she was in a planned pregnancy. My mom raised me on her own but became more nasty and toxic as I grew up. I have created a foster family with a few very VERY close friend and have become a godparent due to this. But I have also discovered after a holiday with a more casual friend that I am SCARED TO DEATH of being around a family I didn't create as I had a mini meltdown when even invited to a place.

Hope this helps your curiosities!
Original post by Ishax
I thought it was grandparents because usually in Indian culture the parents live with their sons family (sexist I know) lol!

sorry I don't get this? your parents live with your brother and his wife?

I have 3 demons, all younger than me. :redface: Yourself?

lool I have loads of full and half siblings altogether but I live with an older sister and a younger bro and sis. I love em to bits they're right terrors and our mum eggs em on to prank me
Single parent :/
Reply 37
Original post by 0to100
sorry I don't get this? your parents live with your brother and his wife?

Yes. Basically, I have a brother right. So my parents will live with my brother, his wife and children. That's how it usually works in Indian culture.

My Dad has three brothers and he's not interested in living with his Mum, harsh I know but ah well lol! However, if he was the only son then he probably would have lived with her otherwise she'll be on her own etc. He has no sisters.
(edited 7 years ago)
mmmmm i dont know what its called :mmm:
Original post by Ishax
Yes. Basically, I have a brother right. So my parents will live with my brother, his wife and children. That's how it usually works in Indian culture.

I thought that's what I said? lol and when do they go, when you get married or?
And I would HATE it if I get married and my folks come along like why though? ..lol

Original post by saraxh
Single parent :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending