The Student Room Group

Where do you like to shop for clothes?

Scroll to see replies

New Look and Primark. They're the best two stores in my local shopping centre. I've never been overly keen on Topshop or River Island for clothes, tbh, although I've had my River Island fake-Uggs for about six years and two oversized handbags from Topshop.

I bought a really nice dress from a charity shop a few weeks ago. It was originally an M&S piece and it was only a quid!!

In all honesty, I really miss Republic.

And I almost always only buy clothes from the sale rails. If they're full price they have to be something I just cannot live without - like my favourite muted pink blouse that I bought a few years ago from New Look and the shoes I wear 99.5% of the time.

I buy absolutely all of my underwear in Primark.
High street: New Look, Miss Selfridge, Mango, River Island, Zara, Select, Forever 21, Topshop and HM etc.
Online: ASOS, Boohoo and Missguided etc.

I hate Primark though lol. I don't shop in charity shops or eBay etc. I can't stand the thought of used clothes etc.

I prefer High Street because of the quality and security, I can always return in 30 days (usually) or exchange.

I have a job now to fund my shopping habits :colondollar:🙊
(edited 7 years ago)
Do people tend to shop at places more dependant on budget or just go for what you like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
New Look, Matalan, ASOS, Amazon and Primark.
Primark.
H&M, Forever 21 and 66girls :love:

I haaaaate shopping in store as it's way too much hassle. I do it all online :tongue:
Usually H&M. I used to be able to find cute stuff at Forever21, I think I'd have better luck on their website. I go to Hot Topic for accesories. When I shop, I go to the mall and don't really pay attention to where I shop at.
Reply 27
I only ever buy jeans from topshop, I'm a size 6 but the fitting in other stores us usually off.I find miss selfridge jeans are alright but i'm a size 4 in those haha. Other stores I shop at are river island, asos (online), zara.
When I'm tight on money I usually go to H&M or primark.
jumble sales, car boots.
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Do people tend to shop at places more dependant on budget or just go for what you like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just go for whatever I like but I always make sure it's affordable first!

If I like it and it's reasonably priced, I usually buy it :yep:
Reply 30
I like to buy clothes at Monki, Bershka, Mango. But the best shop for me is second hand! I love all vintage pieces for good price

Posted from TSR Mobile
New Look :love: I'm not much a fan of Primark, but I will buy certain things from there
Reiss, Ted Baker, TM Lewin, Farah, NICCE, ASOS.
Versace, Zegna, Hugo boss and Gucci mainly
Literally just primark- because it's cheaper than most other places :biggrin:
Reply 35
I pretty much exclusively shop in H&M. It's ridiculous. They just have the best clothes though and always in the styles I like.
I'd say I do a pretty much even mix of shopping online and instore. H&M have free online returns so I normally buy something I like in two sizes if I'm not sure if it's going to fit.
I also like topshop but only in the sale otherwise I find it too expensive. I sometimes shop in TX Maxx too.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply