The Student Room Group

disqualified for cheating on Spanish course assessment?

one of my mates got caught cheating in her spanish CA, for the second time.
the head of spanish threatened to disqualify her from spanish gcse, even though 80% of the class was cheating but didn't get caught. her CA was then ripped up by the teacher right then and there, although it was only a threat, she's worried she may actually get disqualified, could this be the case?

Scroll to see replies

She should bring up the point that the entire class cheated.
Reply 2
Original post by WrenLazarus
She should bring up the point that the entire class cheated.

apart from her and me witnessing it, she doesn't have any solid proof
Try and build up a case. How was the class cheating? Could the teacher see if their work was plagiarized? etc.
Vaya tela :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Try and build up a case. How was the class cheating? Could the teacher see if their work was plagiarized? etc.

would that help her getting not disqualified? Considering the type of teachers at our school, even if she did build up a case, she'd loose it, because this was her second time being caught.
Reply 6
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Vaya tela :rolleyes:

¡Madre mía!:frown:
But would the teacher risk loosing an entire class - and would have to have her teaching watched?
La madre que os pario. ¿Como se os ocurre copiar en una monografía de español GCSE, cuando esta ya de por es una minuncia en lo que respecta a su nivel de dificultad?
Original post by redpimpernel
La madre que os pario. ¿Como se os ocurre copiar en una monografía de español GCSE, cuando esta ya de por es una minuncia en lo que respecta a su nivel de dificultad?

Jaja me parto. Y encima que estuviera haciendo trampa casi toda la clase :rofl:
Reply 10
But would the teacher risk loosing an entire class - and would have to have her teaching watched?

most likely, but yet again, considering she's done it twice, i doubt she'd get taken seriously.
Jaja me parto. Y encima que estuviera haciendo trampa casi toda la clase :rofl:

Es que no tiene ni pies ni cabeza, aunque parte de la culpa la debe de tener el propio colegio, ya que no me quiero ni imaginar la mierda de nivel que debe tener para que los alumnos tengan que acabar haciendo trampa en algo como español GCSE.
Reply 12

none of the people in our class are fluent is spanish lol, i understood what you wrote apart from the first line, 'the mother who gave birth to you'??
anyway, if she didn't find it difficult she probably wouldn't have cheated.
Original post by akirne39
none of the people in our class are fluent is spanish lol, i understood what you wrote apart from the first line, 'the mother who gave birth to you'??
anyway, if she didn't find it difficult she probably wouldn't have cheated.

It is a very Spanish colloquialism. A rough translation of it would be "what the hell". But seriously, if none of you guys are fluent in Spanish and are struggling with the workload, why didn't you tell the teacher? She is the first one who has to be made aware of it, so as to adapt her teaching to suit the needs and skillsets of the students under her wing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Es que no tiene ni pies ni cabeza, aunque parte de la culpa la debe de tener el propio colegio, ya que no me quiero ni imaginar la mierda de nivel que debe tener para que los alumnos tengan que acabar haciendo trampa en algo como español GCSE.

estoy de acuerdo, nuestra escuela es realmente una mierda jajaja
Reply 15
It is a very Spanish colloquialism. A rough translation of it would be "what the hell". But seriously, if none of you guys are fluent in Spanish and are struggling with the workload, why didn't you tell the teacher? She is the first one who has to be made aware of it, so as to adapt her teaching to suit the needs of the students under her wing.

our teacher only refuses to help us with our cas, but unless it's that, she's really helpful, keep in mind it is my friend's fault for cheating(even though most of the class was doing it *sigh*) , she's not denying it was bad, she's just worried she'll get disqualified.

Sospecho que el colegio padezca un nivel realmente pésimo, pero hay que decir que alumnos en general pueden ser las personas más vagas y apáticas del planeta. Si se les presenta la oportunidad de hacer trampa, muchos se aferran a ella como las moscas a la mierda. Y pensar que a la chica esa ya la han pillado con las manos en la masa una vez y ni es capaz de pasar desapercibida la segunda :facepalm:

Vaya marrón se va a tener que comer :laugh:
Reply 17
Sospecho que el colegio padezca un nivel realmente pésimo, pero hay que decir que alumnos en general pueden ser las personas más vagas y apáticas del planeta. Si se les presenta la oportunidad de hacer trampa, muchos se aferran a ella como las moscas a la mierda. Y pensar que a la chica esa ya la han pillado con las manos en la masa una vez y ni es capaz de pasar desapercibida la segunda :facepalm:

please don't comment about how bad my school because i already know, if you can help, please do, if you just gonna complain, please don't because my school is probably one of the worst schools in our area, and i hear enough **** about it:unimpressed::ashamed2:

Si te soy sincera, a mi me ha dado pena de la pobre. Está claro que deberia de haber tenido más cuidado a la hora de copiar, pero eso también se le puede achacar al nivel de la enseñanza del colegio, que como he dicho antes parece ser más bien bajo tirando a mediocre. Si a un alumno no se le inculca la pasión por el saber y el afan por superarse a si mismo, pues acabas con una persona completamente desinteresada y apática, que vera el hacer trampas como la vía más facil para solucionar sus problemas a corto plazo.
During GCSE people in my class cheated but no one got caught and no one reported.

It's really unfair

Quick Reply

Latest