The Student Room Group

He told me how much he liked me then started ignoring me?!

Guys, why would you do this?

I've known a guy for two years and we met one weekend recently after a while and he was being mega sweet, just how he used to be when he was chasing me when we first met. Then we planned to spend the following weekend together. Few days beforehand he stopped texting/answering my calls. He messaged the following week saying something's happened and he will message me soon. It was such a vague and cold message. Two years of knowing him and he's never been like that.

Tried calling him on Sunday and left a voicemail expressing my concerns. He responded by text today saying he's fine but just has "loads going on" and hopes all is well with me. No kisses or anything to respond to. Very off for him.

Why?! Doesn't make sense. Why is it so easy for him to ignore me? I hate this feeling

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
😔😔
What did you say after he opened up his heart to you.

Maybe your reaction wasn't what he was looking for.
I don't think he likes you
Because he's just not that into you.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I don't think he likes you

Original post by elizah
Because he's just not that into you.

Original post by xobeauty
What did you say after he opened up his heart to you.

Maybe your reaction wasn't what he was looking for.

He told me how special I was to him and how much he's always liked me. I said the same back to him. He was genuinely happy that I was being honest and open for the first time. He was extra nice to me the days after, until the one day he randomly stopped :-/ we've spoken almost daily for two years. He said this was a new phase and he's going to make the effort to keep the extra niceness going. Doesn't make sense though
He told me how special I was to him and how much he's always liked me. I said the same back to him. He was genuinely happy that I was being honest and open for the first time. He was extra nice to me the days after, until the one day he randomly stopped :-/ we've spoken almost daily for two years. He said this was a new phase and he's going to make the effort to keep the extra niceness going. Doesn't make sense though

Idk that's weird, but he does owe you an explanation for his sudden change of heart.
Reply 7
He also said, no matter what he never wants to lose contact with me, even if I marry someone else. That's how much he supposedly liked me
Reply 8
Original post by xobeauty
Idk that's weird, but he does owe you an explanation for his sudden change of heart.

Yes, if he was upfront and honest I'm just gradually get over it and move on. Because it makes no sense I'm just baffled. But I will try to move on regardless. Not gonna text or call him again unless he does. Even then, I will see what his reason was first.
Reply 9
He also said, no matter what he never wants to lose contact with me, even if I marry someone else. That's how much he supposedly liked me

Ok this is weird. Are you actually together?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, why would you do this?

I've known a guy for two years and we met one weekend recently after a while and he was being mega sweet, just how he used to be when he was chasing me when we first met. Then we planned to spend the following weekend together. Few days beforehand he stopped texting/answering my calls. He messaged the following week saying something's happened and he will message me soon. It was such a vague and cold message. Two years of knowing him and he's never been like that.

Tried calling him on Sunday and left a voicemail expressing my concerns. He responded by text today saying he's fine but just has "loads going on" and hopes all is well with me. No kisses or anything to respond to. Very off for him.

Why?! Doesn't make sense. Why is it so easy for him to ignore me? I hate this feeling

Odd, but give him space. Remember OP, not everything is about you. I strongly suspect something bad has happened in his family that he's stressed or upset about and is compartmentalising ie not able to focus on romantic relationships when something more serious is going on.

Leave him be for a bit, and if he doesnt reach out to you after a few weeks, just send him a message asking if hes okay.
Sounds kinda like me. He might be going through a hard time. He just doesn't want to be negative around you. That is just me. Try asking whats going on.
Sounds kinda like me. He might be going through a hard time. He just doesn't want to be negative around you. That is just me. Try asking whats going on.

Would a tough situation stop you from talking to a girl you liked for weeks on end? (Could turn into months, who knows). Wouldn't you be worried about damaging what you both had?
Plus he's alwayss online on WhatsApp until late night (3am) so it's not like he's too busy for everyone obviously 🙄
Original post by A321
Ok this is weird. Are you actually together?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not officially but he said he would never see another girl as he only has eyes and strong feelings for me. Nothing even happened between us for him to change :-/
Reply 15
So if you like each other why aren't you together? Maybe he thinks nothing will come of it because your nothing more than friends for 2 years. Maybe he's interested in someone else now. Or maybe he's having personal issues. You'll just have to wait ut out and stop checking his whatsapp status. I'd leave it for a few days then ask if he's ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same here..:unimpressed:He was always writing to me or flirting with me but...all of a sudden he started ignoring me,like he is still answering my messages but it takes days to reply and sometimes he is not even bothering to reply 'em.
Maybe I'm worrying a lot or maybe I'm overthinking but..I dont know it feels like I did sth wrong or I said sth wrong and now he is ignoring me

Maybe you should meet soon(if you have the opportunity) and talk all those issues face to face
I know the feeling just sucks and you are asking to yourself 'I do care about him and why he is just doing this to me' but I guess men are just so different from us,so maybe we should try to talk to them clearly and patiently in a way,try to understand what overwhelms them
Original post by A321
So if you like each other why aren't you together? Maybe he thinks nothing will come of it because your nothing more than friends for 2 years. Maybe he's interested in someone else now. Or maybe he's having personal issues. You'll just have to wait ut out and stop checking his whatsapp status. I'd leave it for a few days then ask if he's ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I have personal issues I still talk to people, maybe not as much but I certainly don't ignore them straight up and act weird :frown:(
Same here..:unimpressed:He was always writing to me or flirting with me but...all of a sudden he started ignoring me,like he is still answering my messages but it takes days to reply and sometimes he is not even bothering to reply 'em.
Maybe I'm worrying a lot or maybe I'm overthinking but..I dont know it feels like I did sth wrong or I said sth wrong and now he is ignoring me

Maybe you should meet soon(if you have the opportunity) and talk all those issues face to face
I know the feeling just sucks and you are asking to yourself 'I do care about him and why he is just doing this to me' but I guess men are just so different from us,so maybe we should try to talk to them clearly and patiently in a way,try to understand what overwhelms them

I want to meet him but don't know how. It would need to be mutually planned rather than coincidental
Reply 19
How long has it been since you last spoke? I'd definitely just message him like asking for at least an explanation! No harm in it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending