The Student Room Group

KPMG audit programme 2017 discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by ZRSFizzyBongs
Holy shite. Am I right in thinking its 40qs in 20min?
Yeah but I thinks it's about 3 Qs on each text, I still don't know if I have passed but my application is now being reviewed by the uni😄 If I pass I can give better advice and if I don't then I can tell u what not to do😄
Original post by dom117117
Yeah but I thinks it's about 3 Qs on each text, I still don't know if I have passed but my application is now being reviewed by the uni😄 If I pass I can give better advice and if I don't then I can tell u what not to do😄

Oh right. So it's like true.false/cannot say about 3 statements on the same info then. Interesting. At least you don't have to read 40 paras of text for each question. And thank you :smile: I hope you do well!

So you have to read like 13 different paragraphs!? That's horrible, going to do it tomorrow I think.
Reply 143
Original post by DarkEnergy
So you have to read like 13 different paragraphs!? That's horrible, going to do it tomorrow I think.
Yeah it's hard but good luck just keep your cool and try not to look at the timer😅👌
Yeah it's hard but good luck just keep your cool and try not to look at the timer😅👌

Thank you, good luck with the rest of your application!

Also for the numerical test do you need a calculator & paper to work on? Or is it all easy mental arithmetic?
Reply 145
Thank you, good luck with the rest of your application!

Also for the numerical test do you need a calculator & paper to work on? Or is it all easy mental arithmetic?
u defo need a calculator and a pen😄 this one does need some revision. Especially percentage increases/decreases, ratios, tables and graphs. All the Qs I can remember were very complicated with many steps😢
(edited 7 years ago)
u defo need a calculator and a pen😂 It's one of the hardest tests even for graduates and this one does need some revision. Especially percentage increases/decreases, ratios, tables and graphs. All the Qs I can remember were very complicated with many steps😢

Alright, thanks again. Will probably save it for the weekend then.
u defo need a calculator and a pen😄 this one does need some revision. Especially percentage increases/decreases, ratios, tables and graphs. All the Qs I can remember were very complicated with many steps😢

Was it the same number of qs then?
Reply 148
Original post by ZRSFizzyBongs
Was it the same number of qs then?

It was 24 Qs I only was able to answer a few with certainty I think the pass threshold is quite low😄
Just done the verbal reasoning, I think it went alright but 20 mins for 40 questions was brutal. Only had a minute to spare to check answers. Also realised that I answered "Can't tell" for a fair few questions haha.
Reply 150
Just done the verbal reasoning, I think it went alright but 20 mins for 40 questions was brutal. Only had a minute to spare to check answers. Also realised that I answered "Canj't tell" for a fair few questions haha.
haha yeah that's the way of it😄
Has anyone got past the verbal reasoning stage? On my account it says verbal test and the status just says complete.
Reply 152
Original post by swilliams1
Has anyone got past the verbal reasoning stage? On my account it says verbal test and the status just says complete.
what do you mean have u not completed it? They should send you the numerical test after you've done the verbal😀
@dom117117 I've completed it but the test still just says complete on the verbal one, might have to email them asking them to check it
Reply 154
@dom117117 I've completed it but the test still just says complete on the verbal one, might have to email them asking them to check it

Oh okay yeah I get you😄 Yeah probs a bug an email should sort it out👍
Oh okay yeah I get you😄 Yeah probs a bug an email should sort it out👍

Hopefully, I wasn't sure whether to email as I didnt want to seem really pushy haha
Hopefully, I wasn't sure whether to email as I didnt want to seem really pushy haha

Well your application is important and with the deadlines it's in their best interests to help you asap :smile:
Reply 157
Hey everyone, just been told I'll be getting a first interveiw😄 Anyone got a date set yet?????
Hey everyone, just been told I'll be getting a first interveiw😄 Anyone got a date set yet?????

Well done! I hope it goes well for you :smile: I'm sitting my verbal tomorrow and my numerical Sunday so hopefully I'll be offered an interview after that.

Do you know what sort of percentile is a good place to be at for the verbal? Or just % correct in general?

Congratulations & good luck mate, hope you get on the scheme!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending