The Student Room Group
Original post by Dirtybit
Rumours already saying Coutinho wants Barcelona move.
@Kenan and Kel@SA-1

#ItHasBegun

The same rumour appeared this time last year from the same source so it looks like they are simply recycling it. You are only picking up on it now because Coutinho is in form.

Contract doesn't end until 2020 so if Pogba is worth £85m than we will just ask a figure around that value, Barca ain't going to fork out that kind of money for Coutinho, he is great but he is no Suarez.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by samir12
The same rumour appeared this time last year from the same source so it looks like they are simply recycling it. You are only picking up on it now because Coutinho is in form.

Contract doesn't end until 2020 so if Pogba is worth £85m than we will just ask a figure around that value, Barca ain't going to fork out that kind of money for Coutinho, he is great but he is no Suarez.

Exactly, we'd just ask for ridiculous money and Barca would move on.

Coutinho wouldn't force a move for a few years anyway because he isn't at the level where he'd consistently start for a side like Barca.
He loves it here and he's tight with Firmino.

If United can be as bad as they are and keep DDG, I'm sure we'll be okay...
Coutinho happily signed an extension not that long ago. Players find it tough to leave Klopp and many found to their detriment at Dortmund.

If anything, Coutinho should see that he could be a vital cog in a side that could win trophies rather than a squad player for Barcelona.

Who would he replace? I guess he'd be one of the midfield trio but he's not going to replace Iniesta or Rakitic..
Original post by Dirtybit
Rumours already saying Coutinho wants Barcelona move.
@Kenan and Kel@SA-1

#ItHasBegun

Mate, stop trying to make fetch happen. It's not gonna happen.
Barca don't go for guys who turn up every other week.

Besides, they just bought Andre Gomes for £45million.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1478053007.652187.jpg

Scenes if Klopp wins the league with a negative spend 😂
Danny Ings out for 9 months after knee injury. Requires surgery.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mr tim
Danny Ings out for 9 months after knee injury. Requires surgery.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1478085137.840560.jpg
Reply 9988
Original post by samir12

Just sell him to United for £110M.
Poor Ings.. heartbreaking after such a long and serious injury just now.

From a selfish point of view, it's a shame we didn't sell in the summer now.

I think that's his career over at Liverpool. He'll be out till around the summer and then we'll either send on loan or let him leave imo.
Original post by Zerforax
Poor Ings.. heartbreaking after such a long and serious injury just now.

From a selfish point of view, it's a shame we didn't sell in the summer now.

I think that's his career over at Liverpool. He'll be out till around the summer and then we'll either send on loan or let him leave imo.

Yeah, unfortunately that's him done here.

It's a shame because he had so much promise, but there's already Firmino, Sturridge and Origi ahead of him regardless of his injury.

Do we know the cause of the injury?
I'm just bricking it about the idea of Coutinho/Firmino getting injured this season...
Original post by Lúcio

It's a shame because he had so much promise, but there's already Firmino, Sturridge and Origi ahead of him regardless of his injury.

I'm just bricking it about the idea of Coutinho/Firmino getting injured this season...

Might just be a crock. Wonder if it was the same knee?

We'd probably manage if one got injured but when a couple are out it starts to look dicey. Mane in January will be tough to deal with.
Reply 9992
Original post by Lúcio

Apparently from a tackle he made against Tottenham. I remember him coming out quite badly from a 50/50 and thinking ah sh**.
Original post by Zerforax
Might just be a crock. Wonder if it was the same knee?

We'd probably manage if one got injured but when a couple are out it starts to look dicey. Mane in January will be tough to deal with.

I actually think it was the opposite knee which is stupidly bad luck for him.
He could've been such a great player...

Yeah exactly, with Mané out in January we lose an extra dimension in his pace.
I imagine either Sturridge would come in, or we'd push Lallana further forward and bring Can in to midfield.

Kinda want Mané's country to get knocked out really early now 😂
At least Matip is apparently staying.
Original post by Lúcio
I actually think it was the opposite knee which is stupidly bad luck for him.
He could've been such a great player...

Yeah exactly, with Mané out in January we lose an extra dimension in his pace.
I imagine either Sturridge would come in, or we'd push Lallana further forward and bring Can in to midfield.

Kinda want Mané's country to get knocked out really early now 😂
At least Matip is apparently staying.

I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp dips into the transfer market in January if we carry on like this. Short term cover for Mane, bit more depth and Klopp can act like its to cover for Ings' injury rather than trying to boost our attack generally..
Didn't relaise the threads now auto lock after 10k posts.

Anyway one of you make a new thread please!

Latest