The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
My son just completed three applications and despite using the help above was unsuccessful!
Original post by Debsj
My son just completed three applications and despite using the help above was unsuccessful!

This didn't make sense. I failed the test the first time as I got a couple answers got but the second time, I used this forum to help with the test and I've managed to send off my application.

Maybe you should wait for other replies - people who have been in the same situation. Good luck!
Also - I sent off my application almost 2 weeks ago and no reply still. I haven't even got a reply saying if I have got an interview or not.
Reply 103
Hi I tried number of times and use the answer from this page and always unsuccessful. Can please anyone help me is there anything wrong and what to put in personal summary.and skills also do we have to upload cv or not.please help.if someone knows recently added questions and have the answers please tell me.thank you
I hate to be a party pooper but trying to cheat the initial screening assessment really isn't going to work. You're not going to have this option at the assessment centre or interview and it will become painfully apparent if you really are getting the 'wrong' answers - perhaps it would be better to think about the different options which lead to these answers being the ones they're looking for, rather than just treating it like a hurdle to be jumped and copying them from whatever source seems to work.
Reply 105
I need help please as i need send application today thsnks
Reply 106
Can someone share here their latest answers and got throuh it and also about personal summary and skills. i am really disappointed not getting through this .thsnks
Original post by Prophet55
Hello,

Despite having years of experience in retail, I have been trying to apply for jobs at Tesco but I am failing the screening test everytime. Now, before any of you say, "if you fail you don't deserve the job"-hear me out. Some of the questions are no brainers but others are debatable and it really depends on the situation which determines the outcome of the answers.

If anyone is extremely bored or has answered them correctly(or has them saved on their Tesco account), I would be greatly appreciated if you could shoot me in the right direction. I really do apologise if I sound lazy, I am certainly not and I have tried quite a few times to get them correct. I have even got my sister(a supervisor at a retail store) and brother(cashier at a retail store) to answer them and also failed it.

Hey the answers have already been posted on this forum. And dude, I was in the same position as you before as well. Sometimes it's just not going to work - I have been declined by other retail stores and the reason was never quite clear. That's just life but it doesn't mean you stop trying. Have another go and I'm sure you will get it. And don't be negative about the situation - it helps if you are positive and hope for the best.
It's great you already have experience so if you pass another test, and write about that in your supporting statement you're bound to get an interview.
Reply 108
Hi and thanks but new answer i couldn't find any where and personal summary and skills what to put really .
Reply 109
Hi can please someone help me about how can i apply same job again as i applied once and was not successful but i really wanted same job again which is still available. Thanks
Original post by pvr
Hi and thanks but new answer i couldn't find any where and personal summary and skills what to put really .

It's really simple the personal summary and skills. You literally sell yourself to Tesco - your experience and vital skills that are linked to the role you're applying for. Make it relevant. And sound confident that you can and will take on the role. Write about voluntary or work experience as well as actual paid work already done.
Sorry but for the test answers I didn't save them or screenshot them.
Reply 111
Thanks alot but if someone share here the newly added questions and their answers would be heighly appreciated. Also if once application not successful it is possible i can apply again because the message appear on the dashboard unsuccessful .did anyone tried to reapply and got trough it.please help.
Reply 112
Thanks .do you have example about personal summary and skills please .
Original post by EXOMENDES 101
It's really simple the personal summary and skills. You literally sell yourself to Tesco - your experience and vital skills that are linked to the role you're applying for. Make it relevant. And sound confident that you can and will take on the role. Write about voluntary or work experience as well as actual paid work already done.
Sorry but for the test answers I didn't save them or screenshot them.
Original post by pvr
Thanks .do you have example about personal summary and skills please .

No problem!

No I don't. If I did have one to give you, then it is kinda defeating the purpose of the name 'personal summary' as it is about you. You can't really be taking somebody else's skills/summary for your own because then it won't stand out.
hey what docment do i need to give tesco in the interview.

my passport is not in hand at the moment its with home office.

can i show them my bnk statement proviosal license or national number will that work
Original post by reim123
hey what docment do i need to give tesco in the interview.

my passport is not in hand at the moment its with home office.

can i show them my bnk statement proviosal license or national number will that work

I haven't got an interview - they declined me. But during the application process they asked me for my passport scan then - it's weird how they still asked me for it even though my application was never accepted.

Get a birth certificate
Hi, as for 2016, some questions has been changed in the screening test such as question 3 and 13, where rest of the questions have stayed the same.
The answer that I had put did were correct and went through which are ; B B C A C A C B A C C C A B A A A.
November 2016
Original post by EXOMENDES 101
This didn't make sense. I failed the test the first time as I got a couple answers got but the second time, I used this forum to help with the test and I've managed to send off my application.

Maybe you should wait for other replies - people who have been in the same situation. Good luck!

Here are the answer for the new screening test,
B B C A C A C B A C C C A B A A A.
Could you please give a screenshot of what your answers were....please

Latest

Trending

Trending