The Student Room Group

Which ability would you want?

Poll

Which ability would you want?

Flying and invisibility are over rated.

If you could have one of these skills, which would you choose?
Do you wish you could eat pasta all day everyday? Are you tired of being tired? Studying getting you down? Or do you just want to relive your 10th birthday.

Not going to lie, I'd choose the eating one and my first stop would be zizzis.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can eat whatever I want and cant really put weight on, when you say relive memories can you alter them, I rarely get ill except for a couple of headaches so probably a photographic memory unless you can change your past.
Reply 2
I've already got a photographic memory. It's not as good as you think. Yeah, you never have to study - but you can't tell people you never have to study because it causes so many problems :sad:
Reply 3
Original post by Juno
I've already got a photographic memory. It's not as good as you think. Yeah, you never have to study - but you can't tell people you never have to study because it causes so many problems :sad:

Have you ever used it to win a bet?
It d be a toss up between photographic memory (my stm is horrendous) and never getting tired.
Reply 5
Never get ill or tired.I already have this one: Eat anything you want without getting fat
Reply 6
Original post by joecphillips
Have you ever used it to win a bet?

It's only fairly recently that I've started realising that maybe people can't do what I do. This is partly because someone found out and started making negative comments, and left me with the feeling that it's something to be ashamed of. So no, I've not really used it for anything - initially I was unaware how different it is, and then when I have been aware I've wanted to hide it.
Reply 7
I wanna eat cheeeese!
Reply 8
Original post by Juno
It's only fairly recently that I've started realising that maybe people can't do what I do. This is partly because someone found out and started making negative comments, and left me with the feeling that it's something to be ashamed of. So no, I've not really used it for anything - initially I was unaware how different it is, and then when I have been aware I've wanted to hide it.

It's different it's not something to be ashamed of the negative comments are just because people are jealous, I know I would love to have it.
I'd love a photographic memory because you'd never fail exams
Original post by Danny Dorito
Flying and invisibility are over rated.

If you could have one of these skills, which would you choose?
Do you wish you could eat pasta all day everyday? Are you tired of being tired? Studying getting you down? Or do you just want to relive your 10th birthday.

Not going to lie, I'd choose the eating one and my first stop would be zizzis.

I'd choose to never be able to get ill or tired, that would make you practically superhuman. Then I'd be able to be an investment banker and doctor at the same time and make loads of money :colone:
Difficult between eating and photographic memory. However, I do think that for me, eating is something that I can control, and do enjoy controlling, and I wouldn't want to stop doing that... having a photographic memory would just help with so so much in life...!!!
Reply 12
To be able to teleport
basicaly, obesity is an illness and some of us would want to eat without getting fat so... why not choose not getting ill or tired? at least you can still what you want.:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 14
Never get ill or tired
I wouldn't want to relive memories otherwise I'd be stuck in the past and would forget about my present 🤔
If i never got tired, I wouldn't be able to sleep. I love to sleep. It gives me a well needed brrak from the world.😴
Eat anything I want without getting fat. I do love food but I can't eat as much as I wanted. Besides, I love to exercise.
So I'm going to have to go with photographic memory... I can have more time to enjoy life rather than study,would be able to remember things more too so better memories etc.
Relive old memories. I'd give anything to be able to relive some of the good times of my childhood with my grandparents and my old pets I'd lost whenever I choose to. Its important not to dwell on the past and focus on the present and the future but it would be nice to go back every now and then.
I selected "Eat what you like and never get fat" Mainly cos that's where I am right now... (Fat that is) Any how, otherwise it'd be "never get ill or tired" Thought tbf, I do feel really tired atm too but that doesn't bother me AS much.
Interesting thread and well balanced poll options ofr a change. I went for eating, but am still thinking about the others.
I suppose memory helps make exams a lot easier.

But am now changing it to never get ill or tired. Everyones body will start to break down eventually (assuming you font get run over etc).
If you never get tired you can also work or exercise as long as you need, which means you could burn as many calories as you need plus do without sleep or not need as much.
Original post by Bexx2000
I wanna eat cheeeese!

@CheeseIsVeg
:gasp:

Quick Reply

Latest