The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zasx
Hi Percy,

I had to go to Lisburn last week to drop off new documents as the ones from July were now too old.

I got an email yesterday saying I had until today to complete and return health form,dbs check and character references.

They're not very good at giving you notice but the optimist in me hopes it's because they're rushing us through.

The health form week ask for g.p.name and address and your sick absence in last two years.

Dbs check will ask for NIN,passport and driving licence number.

I went home to complete them and had to call work for my sick absence detail but if you have it all ready is quick to complete.

Lol. They aren't going to reject you though on the basis of being out by a few days in terms of sickness due to ththe cold. It's more to see if there's any long term conditions which led to extended absence . If you hadn't missed more than a few I wouldn't have bothered contacting your employer
Whats the difference between CCO and enforcement and conplaince?

Anyone at Bham starting 28th Nov?
Which role is this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2463
Original post by silas greenback
which role is this

posted from tsr mobile

1320/16. Heo
Reply 2464
I just spoke to recruitment and they said that those of us without an offer yet would realistically not get one until new year now 😡 So frustrating. I've passed the checks and feel in absolute limbo!
Reply 2465
Original post by Clh123
I just spoke to recruitment and they said that those of us without an offer yet would realistically not get one until new year now 😡 So frustrating. I've passed the checks and feel in absolute limbo!

Are you being serious. Who did you call by any chance. I've been waiting forever. I might start looking elsewhere cos they are useless
Reply 2466
Original post by Clh123

Wow! Why is that? Are they doing by location order or something?
Reply 2467
0300 123 1896 option 6, I said I need more information as my current employer is planning on booking me on to various courses so wouldn't want them to do that in vain and the man said he doesn't have much information other than that the campaign (1320) is very big and he would probably expect those that have yet to have an offer not to get one until next month/Jan but either way not starting until 2017 and then start dates will be staggered. It is so unprofessional not to keep people informed, they really need to let people know timescales as a matter of good practice.
Reply 2468
Original post by Clh123
0300 123 1896 option 6, I said I need more information as my current employer is planning on booking me on to various courses so wouldn't want them to do that in vain and the man said he doesn't have much information other than that the campaign (1320) is very big and he would probably expect those that have yet to have an offer not to get one until next month/Jan but either way not starting until 2017 and then start dates will be staggered. It is so unprofessional not to keep people informed, they really need to let people know timescales as a matter of good practice.

What the hell
Reply 2469
Original post by MHRos
What the hell

I know... I was expecting to receive formal offer this week as passed the pre-employment checks beginning of last week.
Thats is true, only few people will start before new year :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2471
Original post by Clh123
I know... I was expecting to receive formal offer this week as passed the pre-employment checks beginning of last week.

Sorry if you've already said but what intake is that for? This is beyond depressing what a farce
Reply 2472
Original post by MHRos
Sorry if you've already said but what intake is that for? This is beyond depressing what a farce

1320 campaign HO, it is extremely frustrating- why aren't they keeping us informed, it's the very least they could do.
Original post by Clh123

F**KING HELL!!! Are you serious?! This is infuriating!! They're messing with our lives... We're putting everything on hold for them and they don't even have the curtesy to tell us this information. 20 days pre-employment checks? What a joke! This is the worst recruitment process I've ever been through. Absolute nightmare! Feels like it's never gonna happen....
Reply 2474
Original post by SloppySausage
F**KING HELL!!! Are you serious?! This is infuriating!! They're messing with our lives... We're putting everything on hold for them and they don't even have the curtesy to tell us this information. 20 days pre-employment checks? What a joke! This is the worst recruitment process I've ever been through. Absolute nightmare! Feels like it's never gonna happen....

Feel exactly the same, it is a joke. To have an interview in July and still not receive a formal offer/start date by November is ridiculous! But like you said- no updates whatsoever. Surely people must withdraw if this is frequently how they handle recruitment?!
Original post by Clh123

What location are you applying for?? I'm on my way to Manchester now to procduce further ID will see if I can get any information...
Reply 2476
Original post by Bunny2837
What location are you applying for?? I'm on my way to Manchester now to procduce further ID will see if I can get any information...

Cardiff for me.
Reply 2477
Please ask for start date in Manchester, thanks.
Original post by Clh123

Yea I thought that would be the case.
Original post by ddyy
Please ask for start date in Manchester, thanks.

Not much to report I'm afraid other than it's been a massive campaign blaa blaa and it could be end of December now. But not going to believe it till I see it!

Latest

Trending

Trending