The Student Room Group

Hong Kong Universities (NON-JUPAS) Applicants 2017

Hello guys, a thread for all Hong Kong Universities Non-JUPAS applicants 2017!
Feel free to share any experiences and entry requirements (A levels, IB etc) :smile:

PS I'm applying Economics at HKU using A- Levels
and best of luck to those applying for HK universities :h:

Applying to CUHK:
Fast Track
deadline:15 November 2016
Main Round:
deadline: 04 January 2017

Applying to HKU:
Fast Track
deadline:16 November 2016
Main Round:
deadline: 30 December 2016

Applying to HKUST:
Fast Track:
Deadline: 15 November 2016
Main round:
deadline: 05 January 2017

Universities include: The University of Hong Kong (HKU), The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (POLYU), Hong Kong Baptist University (BU)The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK), Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), City University (CityU) etc...
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm also applying to HKU Econ & Finance . I did my A-Levels but Im not sure if i cant get in with these grades : AAAB (Econ,Acc,Business, Maths ) Are you doing A levels ?
Original post by chillaxxerr
I'm also applying to HKU Econ & Finance . I did my A-Levels but Im not sure if i cant get in with these grades : AAAB (Econ,Acc,Business, Maths ) Are you doing A levels ?

Yes are u Hong Kong local? I'm doing my A2 level and get AAA in As level maths further maths and physics. I didn't do AS Econ because it's reformed but will be doing the whole Alevel in June. Get predicted A*A*A* in maths, further maths and Econ.
Well I have got some info that the Econ and finance typical entry requirement for international applicant is AAB but probs not 100% true
Anyone applying hk ???
Reply 4
are you guys from HK or UK

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ksj.11
are you guys from HK or UK

Posted from TSR Mobile

From hk studying in the UK lol
For the HKU medicine personal statement, it states on the website that you could write about your reasons for choosing Medicine AND HKU. I was wondering they like applicants who write about their reasons for choosing HKU?
Hi I'm applying to HKU and CU:smile:

I haven't decided to apply through fast track or the main round... Does anyone have any advice?:tongue:

I'll be applying for Law in Hong Kong but Zoology/Biological Sciences in the UK. Very different, I know:s-smilie: I'm very conflicted...

I'm applying for Oxford as well, so I'm worried that the HKU/CU offers will come too early before the Oxford offer (assuming I do manage to get those offers!) I wouldn't want to spend tons of money on saving a place just in case:frown:

I'd appreciate any advice><
Thanks!
Original post by unicornlay728
For the HKU medicine personal statement, it states on the website that you could write about your reasons for choosing Medicine AND HKU. I was wondering they like applicants who write about their reasons for choosing HKU?

Because they wanna know why u particularly choose HKU idk. Like if I'm an international applicant to UK universities, they also advise me to write why I choose UK unis on my PS.
Original post by JessicaApple

I haven't decided to apply through fast track or the main round... Does anyone have any advice?:tongue:

I'll be applying for Law in Hong Kong but Zoology/Biological Sciences in the UK. Very different, I know:s-smilie: I'm very conflicted...

I'm applying for Oxford as well, so I'm worried that the HKU/CU offers will come too early before the Oxford offer (assuming I do manage to get those offers!) I wouldn't want to spend tons of money on saving a place just in case:frown:

Thanks!

I have applied fast track for economics in HKU. just u can get a reply quicker
Original post by Oceana Liang
I have applied fast track for economics in HKU. just u can get a reply quicker

Yeah that's the problem, really:s-smilie:
An early reply is good in itself, but it wouldn't be good if they give out offers before Oxford does... If I get a reply too early, I'll have to waste 10k just to reserve a place:afraid:
Yay lmao

HKU for Science probs :tongue:

Probably gonna wait until main round.

Also considering HKUST

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chillaxxerr

these are as grades right? maths b is concerning but you could still try your luck on it. that say e & f is quite competitive for some reason lol.

Thanks!

Omg, Law? Really? Loool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by unicornlay728

tbh they don't read your personal statement, but i mean there is no reason for not including the reason choosing hku right? (p.s. I just used the same personal statement as the ucas one, but that's medicine we're talking about, so.....)

Thanks!

your oxford offer, would come mid feb (if you have). so if you are applying for main round, then you might get your hk universities offer later than oxford. plus they give a month for you (after they distribute offers) to pay the deposits.
Original post by wolfmoon88
Omg, Law? Really? Loool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep:frown: I've been struggling between Law and Zoology/Biological Sciences all along...
Couldn't make a firm decision so I just decided to go for different subjects in HK and the UK lol
Yep:frown: I've been struggling between Law and Zoology/Biological Sciences all along...
Couldn't make a firm decision so I just decided to go for different subjects in HK and the UK lol

Do you like Law? Like as a subject? Hahaha all my courses are sciences :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lai812matthew
your oxford offer, would come mid feb (if you have). so if you are applying for main round, then you might get your hk universities offer later than oxford. plus they give a month for you (after they distribute offers) to pay the deposits.

Thanks!
But I thought Oxford gave out offers in January? Don't we only have like 2 weeks to pay the deposit for HKU?:s-smilie: Or is it different for local/international applicants?

I'm sorry if I'm completely off! I'm not entirely sure
Original post by wolfmoon88
Do you like Law? Like as a subject? Hahaha all my courses are sciences :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are aspects of it I do find very interesting.

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending