London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Got my 2 week email yesterday for IR...
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by fyrebirds
Does LSE have lower standards for international applicants? My friend got in last year having barely met the qualifications.

Perhaps they had a killer personal statement and incredible work experience or something?
Original post by Fbiemad
Did any Economics applicant get the 8 weeks email yet?
@gmahapatra
@Blueberry.89
What about you?

I'm still waiting on it, but I think I have a 1 week lag relative to you :smile:
Has anyone who applied for bsc finance got any mails that they are gonna be measured against other applicants from the academic selector? One of my friend got that and I saw a couple of them in here get such email. I am getting damn nervous about it as LSE is one of my important option

Posted from TSR Mobile
Course: Government and History
A-Levels: A*AA (Geography, History, Politics) - currently having a gap year
Extras: Summer School & Work Experience in the Houses of Parliament.

I have received the 8 week email
I applied for Law LLB. I received the 8 week email on the 31st :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 486
Can I just ask how long did you guys get your initial review email after application? Because I applied on 21st and still haven't got it xx
Original post by BECK!!
Can I just ask how long did you guys get your initial review email after application? Because I applied on 21st and still haven't got it xx

That's normal. Applied on the 15th and got it on the 31st
Original post by BECK!!

Applied 12th
Acknowledge on 13th
Initial on 18th
8 week 28th
Reply 489
Will there be any rejections tomorrow or offers on this Friday? :redface:
Reply 490
Original post by indvolda
That's normal. Applied on the 15th and got it on the 31st

Thank you!
Reply 491
Original post by mehtj006
Applied 12th
Acknowledge on 13th
Initial on 18th
8 week 28th

Congrats on the 8 week, so they don't exactly come at 8th week?
Original post by BECK!!

Got so confused with that as well, but actually, "8 week mail" means that it's a mail saying they'll contact you in 8 weeks to tell you about the status of your application.
I know, people could have found a more relevant name to talk about this mail :smile:
Original post by BECK!!

I think I will have a reply just before christmas.
Reply 494
Original post by indvolda
Got so confused with that as well, but actually, "8 week mail" means that it's a mail saying they'll contact you in 8 weeks to tell you about the status of your application.
I know, people could have found a more relevant name to talk about this mail :smile:

Ohh I see! Thank you, that is quite confusing😂
ab
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by rolaah
Got my 2 week email yesterday for IR...

Good luck, i am applying for IR as well sending mine off this week. Mind if i ask what your grades were like?
Original post by Patrick-Bateman

Sent application 10/10, confirmation application has been recieved by LSE 12/10, passed on for further assesment (passed inital assesment) 31/10. I believe this is the '8 week email' says in it 'this stage of the admissions process typically takes eight weeks', can anyone confirm?

That's correct.
Original post by Patrick-Bateman
Applied for BSc in Economics

Sent application 10/10, confirmation application has been recieved by LSE 12/10, passed on for further assesment (passed inital assesment) 31/10. I believe this is the '8 week email' says in it 'this stage of the admissions process typically takes eight weeks', can anyone confirm?

sent application 13/10, confirmation 15/10

nothing else as of yet. Please, someone, give me reassurance or I'm going to explode...
Original post by gazebo99
Good luck, i am applying for IR as well sending mine off this week. Mind if i ask what your grades were like?

Sure, I got 11A*s at GCSE, 4 As at AS and predicted 3 A*s at A2. hbu?

Quick Reply