Scroll to see replies

Original post by emwanza
I have got offers from all my choices except Leeds:
Liverpool - 32 IB points, 5 in Maths (S/L) and no subject less 4
Mnachester - 32 IB points, 6,6,6 and at least a 5 in English
Sheffield - 36 IB points with at least a 5 in English
MMU (offered received today) - 26 IB points
Leeds: offer pending

I see you are doing IB too. Where are you applying from? I am applying from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Enala

I'm applying from Riga, Latvia, I'm doing IB in a state-funded school, hehe. :smile: Got an offer from Birmingham as well (32 IB points, 4 in Maths and 6, 6, 6 in HL (Biology, English and Chemistry for me)). Now just waiting for the other three to respond, they seem to be taking their time on making the decision, haha. How much were you predicted? :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by kmequeen
I'm applying from Riga, Latvia, I'm doing IB in a state-funded school, hehe. :smile: Got an offer from Birmingham as well (32 IB points, 4 in Maths and 6, 6, 6 in HL (Biology, English and Chemistry for me)). Now just waiting for the other three to respond, they seem to be taking their time on making the decision, haha. How much were you predicted? :smile:

32 TO 35ib POINTS
I finally got an offer from Leed today, asking for 35 IB points, 6, 6, 5 and least a 4 in English. So I got offers from all my 5 choices which came in this order:
Liverpool, asking for 32 IB points at least a 5 in Maths(S/L)
Manchester, asking for 32 IB points, 6,6,6 in higher level subjects and at least a 5 in English
Sheffield, asking for 36 IB points, 6,6,6 in higher level subjects and at least a 5 in English
Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU), asking for 26 IB points
Leeds, asking for 35 IB points, 6,6,5 in higher level subjects and at least a 4 in English

So that is 5 out 5.
I will take my time to firm.
Final Chapter:
Liverpool, asking for 32 IB points at least a 5 in Maths(S/L)
Manchester, asking for 32 IB points, 6,6,6 in higher level subjects and at least a 5 in English
Sheffield, asking for 36 IB points, 6,6,6 in higher level subjects and at least a 5 in English
Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU), asking for 26 IB points
Leeds, asking for 35 IB points, 6,6,5 in higher level subjects and at least a 4 in English

So that is 5 out 5.
I will take my time to firm. Leaning towards Liverpool and Manchester.
I'm an international applicant and I've been invited to a Skype interview for Zoology. Which I did not expect. Slightly bummed if I'm honest...

I've got so many interviews in total and will have to miss so many days of school:frown:

Oh well, gotta be happy with what I've got! At least it isn't a rejection...
Course: Geophysical Sciences (International) MGeophys, BSc
GCSEs: 4A*'s, 6A's, D*
AS: A Physics, A Maths, C Chemistry, C Geography
Predicted: A*AAA, Maths, Physics, Geography, Welsh Bac

Received an interview offer yesterday
Got an offer from Leeds yesterday!
Course: Nutrition
GCSEs: 10A* 3A
AS: AAAA (Biology, Chemistry, Law, Maths)
Predicted: A*A*A*

I've received offers from all my choices except Leeds, which is frustrating as Leeds is so far my first choice. It's still early doors though so I'm surprised I've had 4 decisions so far.
Original post by zhanenaomi
Course(s): Medicine / Sport and Exercise Science
GCSEs: 3A*, 6A, 1B
AS: AAAB (Chemistry, Maths, Biology, English Language)
Predictions: AAA, + unknown in EPQ

Really liked Leeds, so applied for both Medicine and one of my alternatives! Already had an Applicant visit/interview invite for Sport Science, and then waiting to sit my BMAT for Medicine :smile:

I've applied to do sports science too 😁 Although I haven't even had a welcome letter yet from Leeds... how long did it take you to get an offer? I'm a bit cautious as I know they interview for the course 😫 I've also heard that it's an informal interview, I think? Not too sure what that means if I'm honest...
Reply 28
Got an offer for Religion, Politics and Society this weekend :smile:
Original post by sammy2012
I've applied to do sports science too 😁 Although I haven't even had a welcome letter yet from Leeds... how long did it take you to get an offer? I'm a bit cautious as I know they interview for the course 😫 I've also heard that it's an informal interview, I think? Not too sure what that means if I'm honest...

Yaaas, more Sport Science people! :P I applied on the 12th and got my letter on the 21st, but I was an early applicant so was probably quicker due to less applications in. They sent a timetable for the day, and the interview is only 10 minutes compared to an entire day of q&as, tours etc, so should be pretty informal :smile:
Original post by zhanenaomi
Yaaas, more Sport Science people! :P I applied on the 12th and got my letter on the 21st, but I was an early applicant so was probably quicker due to less applications in. They sent a timetable for the day, and the interview is only 10 minutes compared to an entire day of q&as, tours etc, so should be pretty informal :smile:

Ah phew, that's lowered my stress levels a bit!

Can I ask where else have you applied?
I've applied
-Bath,msci 5 years: offer-AAA/AAB with A in EPQ
-Loughborough bsci 4 years: offer AAB
- Surrey, bsci 4 years
- Leeds, bsci 4 years but would do the integrated masters
- Exeter, msci 4 years

When's your interview? :smile:
Ah phew, that's lowered my stress levels a bit!

Can I ask where else have you applied?
I've applied
-Bath,msci 5 years: offer-AAA/AAB with A in EPQ
-Loughborough bsci 4 years: offer AAB
- Surrey, bsci 4 years
- Leeds, bsci 4 years but would do the integrated masters
- Exeter, msci 4 years

When's your interview? :smile:

No way, I applied to Exeter too for Sport and Exercise Medical Science!!
-Edinburgh - Medicine
-Birmingham - Medicine
-Leeds again for Medicine.

Interview is on the 2nd December :smile: Which is your first choice?
Applying for: English and Sociology

GCSE'S: 5A's, 5B's

AS: ABBD

Predictions: A*AB

Got an offer today!!! AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=zhanenaomi;68445574]No way, I applied to Exeter too for Sport and Exercise Medical Science!!
-Edinburgh - Medicine
-Birmingham - Medicine
-Leeds again for Medicine.

Interview is on the 2nd December :smile: Which is your first choice?

Haha well I didn't apply for sports and exercise medicine.... just the sports science 😂
I think my first choice is bath- I really loved the open day but I wasn't too fond of the open day at Leeds but the course is very good. My insurance would really depend on what offers I get... Exeter wants A*AA, I applied just in case Bath didn't accept me and there's no way it will be lower than AAA (no offer yet), I presume. Leeds is AAA-ABB... and dont really want to go to Surrey but had to fill a space.

Loughborough is really good, but I get the sort of feeling if you're not an elite athlete already and especially studying sports science, you are a bit out of place. I'm a club level triathlete, training for my first ironman next year. Leeds has the performance centre for triathlon hence why I am keen to go there, as they cater to all abilities as opposed to the vibe I get from Loughborough.
So hopefully get a lower offer from Leeds than what Bath gave me to go as my insurance :smile:
Course: Economics
GCSEs: 6A*s, 3As
AS: AAA (Maths, Economics and History, also doing AS Further Maths this year)
Predicted A*A*A* :redface:

Best of luck everyone!

Leeds is my first choice, keeping my fingers crossed. c:
Haha well I didn't apply for sports and exercise medicine.... just the sports science 😂
I think my first choice is bath- I really loved the open day but I wasn't too fond of the open day at Leeds but the course is very good. My insurance would really depend on what offers I get... Exeter wants A*AA, I applied just in case Bath didn't accept me and there's no way it will be lower than AAA (no offer yet), I presume. Leeds is AAA-ABB... and dont really want to go to Surrey but had to fill a space.

Loughborough is really good, but I get the sort of feeling if you're not an elite athlete already and especially studying sports science, you are a bit out of place. I'm a club level triathlete, training for my first ironman next year. Leeds has the performance centre for triathlon hence why I am keen to go there, as they cater to all abilities as opposed to the vibe I get from Loughborough.
So hopefully get a lower offer from Leeds than what Bath gave me to go as my insurance :smile:

I get what you mean about Loughborough, same reason I didn't apply to Birmingham for Sport Science, bc it's a very sporty university. However since I want to do Sports Medicine eventually, Birmingham could help me get experience with their sports teams :smile: I loved Leeds' open day, hoping to get AAA from them and AAB from Exeter if I do sport science rather than medicine
[QUOTE=zhanenaomi;68473232]I get what you mean about Loughborough, same reason I didn't apply to Birmingham for Sport Science, bc it's a very sporty university. However since I want to do Sports Medicine eventually, Birmingham could help me get experience with their sports teams :smile: I loved Leeds' open day, hoping to get AAA from them and AAB from Exeter if I do sport science rather than medicine

I was almost going to apply to Birmingham- but they don't do a placement year (only study abroad) hence why I didn't.
Best of luck! 😊
I was almost going to apply to Birmingham- but they don't do a placement year (only study abroad) hence why I didn't.
Best of luck! 😊

Thank you, you too!! :biggrin:
Original post by Poetic Gamer
Applying for: English and Sociology

GCSE'S: 5A's, 5B's

AS: ABBD

Predictions: A*AB

Got an offer today!!! AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile

How long did they take to give you an offer? I'm applying for English:smile:
Course: English and Comparative Literature
GCSEs: A*A*AAABBBB