The Student Room Group

History of Art - 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ErinEloise
I'm in a similar position because Birmingham was originally going to be my insurance but if I firm with them it will be unconditional so I'm not sure what to do anymore.

I feel ya, I'm sure we'll both be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bonjourhill
I feel ya, I'm sure we'll both be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes of course! I'd be happy to go to any of the universities I've applied to so I'm happy just to get offers😁
Original post by bonjourhill
UEA said they'd give me an unconditional if I put them as my first choice. Yeah, it's so hard to choose :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts at UEA is so beautiful though!
Just got a conditional offer from Edinburgh!
Original post by MyParrotsandMe

Congrats!! I got a conditional offer from York today😃
Original post by ErinEloise
Congrats!! I got a conditional offer from York today😃

Me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done everyone!

Are you an international student? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tmwilliams
Are you an international student? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, I'm from New Zealand.
Anyone else anxiously waiting for an answer from UCL? 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wisefire
Does anyone here know whether UCL would accept a Foundation Year qualification for entry onto their History of Art undergraduate? I might possibly be doing Nottingham University's Foundation in the Arts and Humanities next September. It can lead onto a HoA degree at Nottingham but I would be interested by and am keen on looking into whether that Foundation Year can get me into other universities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea sorry because I haven't applied to UCL but maybe drop them an email or ring them? I'm sure they'll be able to give you a straight forward enough answer if you ask :smile:
I am just wondering, those who have applied to Oxford have you already sent in your two written pieces of work? If so, how many words (ish) did you write for the piece on an artwork/architecture?

taa x
Original post by jemmajacobs
I am just wondering, those who have applied to Oxford have you already sent in your two written pieces of work? If so, how many words (ish) did you write for the piece on an artwork/architecture?

taa x

I've sent in my pieces, because for Worcester they asked for my pieces to be mailed. My personal response was around 730 words.

Which college did you apply to?
I've sent in my pieces, because for Worcester they asked for my pieces to be mailed. My personal response was around 730 words.

Thanks for the reply :smile:

I applied to St Catz, what about you?

Did you also send in a cover sheet for the 750 word response? I wasn't sure if it needs one as well as the response isn't something I completed for school...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tmwilliams
Did you also send in a cover sheet for the 750 word response? I wasn't sure if it needs one as well as the response isn't something I completed for school...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually emailed the college about it, and they said to include a cover sheet, but the school doesn't have to fill in the bottom section. Just include all the details at the top, so they can identify whose work it is.
Original post by jemmajacobs

taa x

I electronically sent my personal response (748 words) to Christ Church on Wednesday & also included a cover sheet. What piece of artwork/architecture did you respond to? :smile: Also, if you don't mind me asking, what grades did you attain at GCSE and AS level?
I actually emailed the college about it, and they said to include a cover sheet, but the school doesn't have to fill in the bottom section. Just include all the details at the top, so they can identify whose work it is.

Ok that's great :smile: Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophieaxon
I electronically sent my personal response (748 words) to Christ Church on Wednesday & also included a cover sheet. What piece of artwork/architecture did you respond to? :smile: Also, if you don't mind me asking, what grades did you attain at GCSE and AS level?

Oh wow! I am applying to St Catherines - doubt I will get an interview, but worth a try :smile: I'm writing mine of 'Frying Fish' by Sigrid Holmwood, and you?

And don't worry I don't mind. At GCSE I got 7A* 2A and 1B. AS levels I got ABBD - had some extenuating circumstances but still proud aha what about you?
In regards to being invited to interview, I think you might surprise yourself!! There's nothing stopping you :smile: Given that Holmwood's painting is striking and full of ideas, I'm sure you'll have responded well to it! My written piece was in response to 'Medea' by Frederick Sandys.

You have every right to be proud of your grades :smile: My GCSE grades aren't as impressive which I'm a little worried about (2A* 4A 4B) but at AS I got AAB so I think that may help me? I'm not entirely sure though. I suppose it depends on the grades attained by other applicants. Do you know anybody else who's applying for HoA?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending