The Student Room Group

Living on your own for second year ?

Hey so I'm a fresher but everyone has started discussing where/who they're living with next year. I am considering living on my own cause i don't have like a ' group ' of people who id want to live with and i feel like if I'm on my own then at least i won't have the worry of living with people i might grow to dislike but obviously I'm worrying living on my own would be considered ' odd' and i don't want to isolate myself from people
is anyone here a second/third year at uni who lives on their own ?? or is anyone here living in another place e.g. self catered hall with freshers but they're a second or third year ?
Original post by fefssdf
Hey so I'm a fresher but everyone has started discussing where/who they're living with next year. I am considering living on my own cause i don't have like a ' group ' of people who id want to live with and i feel like if I'm on my own then at least i won't have the worry of living with people i might grow to dislike but obviously I'm worrying living on my own would be considered ' odd' and i don't want to isolate myself from people
is anyone here a second/third year at uni who lives on their own ?? or is anyone here living in another place e.g. self catered hall with freshers but they're a second or third year ?

3rd yr live on my own (with a partner) but took a gap year while a 2nd yr and claimed jsa living in an emergency B&B with my gf :C
we now live in temp accom togther, 1 room so we don't have to pay bloody spareroom tax :colonhash: wasn't easy to get just that
so we had to live with my mum/each other's mums for a bit

that prob isn't your situation though lol
Original post by fefssdf

I'm a second year and i live by myself because i don't have a squad or friends (till this day even)

It's good if you suffer from depression or anxiety (like me) but i do know people in second/third years who live by themselves and they still have i guess a social life
I'm in my final year but live alone, I love it. I think it depends how much you like your own company though, some people I know would hate not having housemates.
Reply 4
Original post by Precious Illusions
I'm in my final year but live alone, I love it. I think it depends how much you like your own company though, some people I know would hate not having housemates.

yh i mean i guess its nice to be around people but i prefer it when i can choose whether i wanna be with people rather than being permanently stuck with them
Original post by fefssdf

If the thought of living with people doesn't feel right then don't do it. I'm in my 3rd year & live on my own. Not because I don't have friends but I like my own space. It's not odd at all to live on your own, you can still have an active social life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Look into the financial side and make sure you can afford to live alone before you set you heart on it. Most student budgets won't stretch to something like a studio flat and many uni halls don't accommodate students from all years. Check private rented costs in your area and look into your uni's housing policy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending