The Student Room Group

lost my oyster photocard on the bus. can i get it back?

So I was on my way home today from school and my journey requires 2 buses. I got off the first bus and realised that I had left my oyster card , but before I realised, the bus had already went. I don't really want to order a replacement until i make sure that it is completely lost. How can I get it back? I read that there is an online form, but would that take long for them to process it and get the card back to me? Would it just be better to call them?

Scroll to see replies

bump
Original post by rayestar
So I was on my way home today from school and my journey requires 2 buses. I got off the first bus and realised that I had left my oyster card , but before I realised, the bus had already went. I don't really want to order a replacement until i make sure that it is completely lost. How can I get it back? I read that there is an online form, but would that take long for them to process it and get the card back to me? Would it just be better to call them?

It's gone. Get a new one quickly - people use the money on them.
Reply 3
call them - idk what bus you took and what the main station for it is so call customer services and they'll transfer you

i've lost my oyster card (+ wallet) like 4 times before and only got it back once and that wasn't even on the bus so slim chance but you can still try :smile: quicker you call, quicker you'd get it back
Go to your bus garage or the bus garage of where that bus was going to.
I am Kira? :h:
My friend lost her oyster every other month, she always got it sent back through the post.

But don't wait for it, just get a new one; it takes 2-3 days.
Original post by Blackstarr
Go to your bus garage or the bus garage of where that bus was going to.

like it's gonna still be there?! lol

pls if I see an oyster card laying about it's mine >_>
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994

what's a political ambassador on tsr??
Original post by 0to100
what's a political ambassador on tsr??

Promotes political stuff. it didn't have to be approved by anyone though, just joined lol.
Original post by 0to100
like it's gonna still be there?! lol

pls if I see an oyster card laying about it's mine >_>

This is clearly the wrong thing to do.

I would hand it to police or the bus station.
Promotes political stuff. it didn't have to be approved by anyone though, just joined lol.

o rite...looked official for a minute
Original post by Blackstarr
This is clearly the wrong thing to do.

I would hand it to police or the bus station.

It's not like I do it all the time lol. Most of the time I just cba to even bend down to pick it up, much more pinch it for myself.

One's loss is another's gain.

But if it's a student's card..that means it's good to go to easily get another one since the school continually gets the money for the cards from the gov't so...I mean why do you think students are so careless with them? They know they'll get another and the school legally has to provide it to them whether they lost it or not. So..it's not actually a loss at all.

Nope:h:
You are really bad at spotting him:teehee:
Original post by rayestar

Whos that in your avatar:colondollar:
Mate if you had common sense you'd know someone would have nicked it by now. Honestly I was in Glasgow town last week and I left my water bottle on a chair to put something in the bin and in that 20 second gap to the bin and back some vulture stole my water bottle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RossB1702
Mate if you had common sense you'd know someone would have nicked it by now. Honestly I was in Glasgow town last week and I left my water bottle on a chair to put something in the bin and in that 20 second gap to the bin and back some vulture stole my water bottle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was your water bottle used?
Original post by NotGodofWorld
Nope:h:
You are really bad at spotting him:teehee:

It's you! You got banned earlier, so how did you come back? :colonhash:
Original post by NotGodofWorld
Was your water bottle used?

I had one sip out of it after buying it out the shop. Don't think it was a bin man because i looked around and no one was in sight.
Reply 19
Does it have your picture on it? If so, its probably not stolen so go to the bus garage but be quick because after a few days (i cant remember exactly) it goes to Victoria where you have to fill in a form and pay to get it back.

Quick Reply