The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RuairiMorrissey
Sorry i'm just super anxious, it's 100% ok for me to have used extra paper?
FWIW, I'm pretty sure they don't mind marking answers on extra paper, but they really don't want to be responsible for making sure the paper doesn't go missing.

The reason the official rule is so strict will be so that if anything on extra paper does go missing, you can't really complain about it, because they told you it wouldn't be marked anyhow.

Personally, given the stakes, and how many people seem to get stressed about this, I do think they should find a better solution. But my opinion obviously doesn't actually matter... :smile:

Edit: But basically, no-one examining wants to fail a good mathematician because they failed to follow an arbitrary rule. They will want to give you the best score you deserve. So as long as they can be confident what you meant to do/say, you're not going to be penalized for lack of neatness, amendments made 13 pages after the original answer or anything like that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1181
I found it difficult. Missed all Q3 did half of the other 3 long questions and ****ed up an easy multiple choice and guessed two. All in all I think I at least got 42 and max got about 52. Will a score of 42 be a decent score for Imperial?
Reply 1182
Original post by SM-
I found it difficult. Missed all Q3 did half of the other 3 long questions and ****ed up an easy multiple choice and guessed two. All in all I think I at least got 42 and max got about 52. Will a score of 42 be a decent score for Imperial?

In the exact same boat man, guess we just gotta wait it out
Original post by SM-

If I remember correctly the lower quartile for offers last year was in the forties and median in the fifties
This was the first paper I did in test conditions. I'd looked at MAT questions in advance, but I didn't feel in the mood to do 2 hrs 30 mins solid at home. I'd say it was of equal difficulty to 2015, if not only slightly easier.
I'm applying to Cambridge, but I needed MAT for imperial.

I reckon I got a score between 65 and 70.
If I'm predicted A*A*AA and I get between 65 and 70 in the MAT do I stand a good chance of getting an offer from them?
Original post by Superdjman1
This was the first paper I did in test conditions. I'd looked at MAT questions in advance, but I didn't feel in the mood to do 2 hrs 30 mins solid at home. I'd say it was of equal difficulty to 2015, if not only slightly easier.

If I'm predicted A*A*AA and I get between 65 and 70 in the MAT do I stand a good chance of getting an offer from them?

What were your UMS grades?
How important is the MAT for the selection process at Imperial? Can imperial applicants get feedback on the MAT, and if so, when? Also, when do imperial give offers for maths? Thanks.
Original post by Superdjman1

Unless it was easier then like 2014 You should be fine, all depends on the paper though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I came out of 2014 paper thinking it was the hardest paper ever.
Obviously it wasn't and I did much better then I thought, hope everyone gets a good result.
Look forward to seeing the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
I came out of 2014 paper thinking it was the hardest paper ever.
Obviously it wasn't and I did much better then I thought, hope everyone gets a good result.
Look forward to seeing the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't you have better things to be doing than looking at the MAT paper or are you bored in Cambridge over there? :wink:
Hi, does anyone know when and how can we find out our MAT result?
Original post by goofyygoober

january/febraury, just email them I think

From what I know, you can find out in January after the application process is finished. I am not sure whether they release anyones results before the interviews.
I think the exam went ok... I answered 8/10 of the multiple choice questions. I missed a quarter of q2, i completed 3 and I missed 1/2 of q5. I completed all of question 6.
Original post by m0.4444
I think the exam went ok... I answered 8/10 of the multiple choice questions. I missed a quarter of q2, i completed 3 and I missed 1/2 of q5. I completed all of question 6.

Our exams went similar then, i probably got about the same amount of those questions done as you. Id guess im in and around the low 70s.
Original post by DylanJ42
Our exams went similar then, i probably got about the same amount of those questions done as you. Id guess im in and around the low 70s.

Id be happy with a score above 70. It was what I was aiming for before the exam tbh. I just feel super uncomfortable about missing parts of questions. I just hope its good enough.
Original post by DylanJ42
january/febraury, just email them I think

So we will not know the results until January?? :frown:
Do you know why we have to wait so long?
Original post by m0.4444
From what I know, you can find out in January after the application process is finished. I am not sure whether they release anyones results before the interviews.

Do you think we can call the university to ask?? like in the late November?
Original post by m0.4444
Id be happy with a score above 70. It was what I was aiming for before the exam tbh. I just feel super uncomfortable about missing parts of questions. I just hope its good enough.

yea likewise, as long as its high enough to get an interview im happy enough.

I just cant wait until tomorrow so we can actually talk about the test :laugh:
Do you think we can call the university to ask?? like in the late November?

Thats around the time we find out whether or not we got interviews (unless your applying for just imperial) I guess that is an indicator. For bmat they give students their results in late november.

Latest

Trending

Trending